PS3 Bayonetta patch coming in 2 days

vtwin650

Hopefully this will vastly speed up the trophy hunting ;) Would be funny if it now loaded faster than the xbox version........

PS3 Bayonetta Patch Cuts Load Times (andriasang.com blog, 01.27.2010)

and

PS3 Version Of Bayonetta Getting Update | Kotaku Australia

Not all multi-platform games are the same. Take SEGA’s Bayonetta, for example.

One complaint from PS3 players have been that Bayonetta has long loading times. This upload will offer the option to install the game directly on the PS3’s hard drive. The update will include an “Install” option in the game’s menu screen.

It is possible to install Bayonetta, as with every Xbox 360 title, directly onto the Xbox 360’s HDD. However, the Xbox 360 version of Bayonetta does not offer players this option directly through the game’s menu screen.

The update will be available starting January 28.

While the Xbox 360 version of Bayonetta received better reviews, the PS3 version outsold the Xbox 360 version in Japan.

About time.

Now I actually consider getting the game.

Is the screen tearing and slowdown really as bad as some reviews mentioned (in comparison to Assassin's Creed 2, for example)? Since I think those won't get fixed by a HDD install.

I'm really sensitive to these kind of problems which kinda killed AC2 for me.

Thanks.

Developers need to really start addressing these bugs before the release. I feel like they are just rushing to put out crappy games knowing they can put in patches and DLC after enough people complain. Wish I would have started playing this after the patch.

It's only coming in japan on thursday. Not confirmed for other regions for now.

just fired my copy up (PAL release, Australian PSN account) and it said update 1.01 available.

The update itself was (from memory) 138mb in size, the install has been running for a few minutes and is about 40% done. I'll update this post when I have completed the install and know how much space it takes up, and more importantly what it does for load times etc.

*edit* okay so that took like 20 minutes, and there goes about 4.5gb of space but it was worth it I guess for the fact you press START or SELECT and it comes up in like 1 second. Loading is much better now.

*edit again* Okay well I would be very keen to see if other people also think the same, or if this is just me. I commenced playing level 10 and it seems to me that the motion of it is a bit more fluid than before, almost like they have either done something with the frame rate, or by having the install has allowed it to spend more time on this type of thing than reading data. I especially noticed it with the verse 5 battle where the boss comes in, it just seemed to be moving quicker and better than I remember it - keeping in mind I have played this level maybe 6 times all up now.

Edited by vtwin650

just fired my copy up (PAL release, Australian PSN account) and it said update 1.01 available.

The update itself was (from memory) 138mb in size, the install has been running for a few minutes and is about 40% done. I'll update this post when I have completed the install and know how much space it takes up, and more importantly what it does for load times etc.

*edit* okay so that took like 20 minutes, and there goes about 4.5gb of space but it was worth it I guess for the fact you press START or SELECT and it comes up in like 1 second. Loading is much better now.

*edit again* Okay well I would be very keen to see if other people also think the same, or if this is just me. I commenced playing level 10 and it seems to me that the motion of it is a bit more fluid than before, almost like they have either done something with the frame rate, or by having the install has allowed it to spend more time on this type of thing than reading data. I especially noticed it with the verse 5 battle where the boss comes in, it just seemed to be moving quicker and better than I remember it - keeping in mind I have played this level maybe 6 times all up now.

Sounds promising, I was devastated when I saw the PS3 review on IGN, so news like this is making me want to go back and think about buying this awesome game. xD

The latest patch is awesome !! After the patch was downloaded, I installed the game to the hard drive and the difference is incredible !!

The new patch + HD install is definately worth it. The only thing that's still slow (but no biggie) is when you choose to save a game, it checks the Save game Data. This is still quite slow, although I do have 15+ saves.

Great job on the 1.01 patch guys! It's SAH-WEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!

:applause:

I need to know more about this! Bayonetta looks like an amazing game but I refuse to have an inferior experience on a superior console. I know the Xbox was the lead platform for the game's development, but still, I want to wait to play/rent/buy this game until the differences between versions are no more than "minor framerate issues". Are we there yet? I can live with a few framerate dips if I have to, even if I'd rather not.

I need to know more about this! Bayonetta looks like an amazing game but I refuse to have an inferior experience on a superior console. I know the Xbox was the lead platform for the game's development, but still, I want to wait to play/rent/buy this game until the differences between versions are no more than "minor framerate issues". Are we there yet? I can live with a few framerate dips if I have to, even if I'd rather not.

The framerate is better after the patch... But I just wished the screen tearing was patched up... its so bad

Developers need to really start addressing these bugs before the release. I feel like they are just rushing to put out crappy games knowing they can put in patches and DLC after enough people complain. Wish I would have started playing this after the patch.

Same here. It's a shame I played it so much beforehand.

Bah, I just wish I would have beaten it with the patch. Especially since I do not understand how it was so difficult to release the patch earlier, the game is out in Japan since like...ages.

Ah, well, who cares, at least I will have a better expierience if I ever decide to replay Bayonetta.

Yup, add me to the list of ppl that wished they woulda waited to platinum this game. I wasted too many hours at those loading screens. I shake my fist at those motherf'rs at Sega.

I loaded up the patch and started playing and it was a COMPLETELY different experience. The game plays like it shoulda played out of the box.

I noticed that the framerates got better, most noticeably during the climax finisher moves. The fighting got smoother and it seems like the screen tearing problem was cut in half. You still get it but i would say half as bad?

I was always angry about how long it used to take to skip a cutscene whereas now its instant. Although i would like to note that xbox players have an option to skip the scene with one button press whereas we have to hit start to bring up the skip menu and skip the scene from there.

Oh well.... I am happy for the ppl that get to play this game post patch.

Edited by Excretious

It's a real shame that this wasn't out when the game launched. Probably could have saved me at least an hour or two in the damn loading screens on my way to platting it.

Shame, shame, shame.

I was just thinking the same thing. While it wouldn't have done anything to improve my opinion of the story, I wouldn't have had to wait as long to skip the damned cutscenes. ;) I mean seriously, some of the cutscenes were short enough that it took longer to skip them then to just let them play (because of how long it took to pop up the menu when I hit start) how lame is that?