XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 12-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
Hentekorino

Default Just a question for those who already have the game.

What are the issues with the game? Only heard of too much loading times and slowdown issues, are they really that bad? Any other issues? Trying to decide whether I should get this for the 360 or PS3.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
sui99

if you have the option get it for 360.

the loading times alone would be reason enough but the 360 version is superior in every aspect... (better graphics, better framerate, no slowdowns, no tearing, faster loading)

i'm enjoying it on ps3 because i dont own a 360 and i still have fun with the game but why should one get the inferior version if he has a box?
sui99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:13 AM   #3
DeepEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sui99 View Post
i'm enjoying it on ps3 because i dont own a 360 and i still have fun with the game but why should one get the inferior version if he has a box?
For trophies XD... I have a 360 and I still will buy it in PS3... I want to collect trophies, nor achievements u.u...

~DE
Old 12-31-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
ProjeckNemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepEyes View Post
For trophies XD... I have a 360 and I still will buy it in PS3... I want to collect trophies, nor achievements u.u...

~DE
same here. i own both a PS3 and a 360 but i cant bring myself to buy a game on the 360 just because of less jaggies or faster load times. plus i like the PS controller more than the xbox one.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #5
Crazy Bat Guy

Send a message via MSN to Crazy Bat Guy

The issues aren't nearly as bad as the reviews make it seem. The framerate remains solid most of the time and when it does drop the action is usually too hectic to notice. The load times can be annoying but are rare and the longer ones allow you to practice combos to pass the time. Even if the the 360 version runs a bit better you can still get it on the PS3 and have an enjoyable experience with the best action game of the decade.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
MisThePig

I'm still hoping for a patch that will allow you to install the game to the HDD to cut the load times - I've gone back and forth about buying this so many times but having seen parts of a playthrough on youtube it seems to hold up ok. Fingers crossed!
Old 01-02-2010, 02:10 AM   #7
hagugulley

My question is, why pay full price for a rushed version of the PS3? And why pay for this game in general!? Have you guys even played the demo!? IT sucks soooo bad! Just wait till march and get God of War 3, or pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
Labartu
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Staff - Super Moderator   Lab's ''Did Someone Say Chimichanga?'' List   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   Helping Hand   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Silver   5,000 Posts   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagugulley View Post
My question is, why pay full price for a rushed version of the PS3? And why pay for this game in general!? Have you guys even played the demo!? IT sucks soooo bad! Just wait till march and get God of War 3, or pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
No, I didn't play the Demo, but I played the Full Game, and I got the Plat. And I loved the Game. That sort of thing is called "Opinion" and, believe me or not, Opinions differ. So if you don't like it, do what you said, buy GoW 3 and be happy. And let other people, like me, purchase Bayonetta and then GoW3 to be happy.

Labartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
Dynames

Send a message via AIM to Dynames Send a message via MSN to Dynames

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Helping Hand   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

I played the demo and loved it, I wasn't going to get the game at first just out of protest for a lackluster PS3 version but upon reading user feedback and playing the demo, I changed my mind. Reviewers tend to blow things out of proportion. My box is elsewhere at the moment so I couldn't get it on the Box even if I wanted to. I don't care for the God of War series, I think DMC turned me into a bit of a purist but I can see why people love GoW but I just can't get into it. PS3 takes my general gaming needs regardless. I only get exclusives on Box anyway and there aren't many that I care about. Gears being one of them. I have Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Master Ninja is kicking my ass so I done with it at the moment.
Dynames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
Shirokurou

Actually the slowdowns don't seem that bad after you get used to them.
But opening up the inventory takes a lot of time.

Gameplay isn't slowed down in any way.
Shirokurou is offline   Reply With Quote