Just a question for those who already have the game.

Hentekorino

if you have the option get it for 360.

the loading times alone would be reason enough but the 360 version is superior in every aspect... (better graphics, better framerate, no slowdowns, no tearing, faster loading)

i'm enjoying it on ps3 because i dont own a 360 and i still have fun with the game but why should one get the inferior version if he has a box?

For trophies XD... I have a 360 and I still will buy it in PS3... I want to collect trophies, nor achievements u.u...

~DE

same here. i own both a PS3 and a 360 but i cant bring myself to buy a game on the 360 just because of less jaggies or faster load times. plus i like the PS controller more than the xbox one.

The issues aren't nearly as bad as the reviews make it seem. The framerate remains solid most of the time and when it does drop the action is usually too hectic to notice. The load times can be annoying but are rare and the longer ones allow you to practice combos to pass the time. Even if the the 360 version runs a bit better you can still get it on the PS3 and have an enjoyable experience with the best action game of the decade.

I'm still hoping for a patch that will allow you to install the game to the HDD to cut the load times - I've gone back and forth about buying this so many times but having seen parts of a playthrough on youtube it seems to hold up ok. Fingers crossed!

My question is, why pay full price for a rushed version of the PS3? And why pay for this game in general!? Have you guys even played the demo!? IT sucks soooo bad! Just wait till march and get God of War 3, or pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

No, I didn't play the Demo, but I played the Full Game, and I got the Plat. And I loved the Game. That sort of thing is called "Opinion" and, believe me or not, Opinions differ. So if you don't like it, do what you said, buy GoW 3 and be happy. And let other people, like me, purchase Bayonetta and then GoW3 to be happy.

I played the demo and loved it, I wasn't going to get the game at first just out of protest for a lackluster PS3 version but upon reading user feedback and playing the demo, I changed my mind. Reviewers tend to blow things out of proportion. My box is elsewhere at the moment so I couldn't get it on the Box even if I wanted to. I don't care for the God of War series, I think DMC turned me into a bit of a purist but I can see why people love GoW but I just can't get into it. PS3 takes my general gaming needs regardless. I only get exclusives on Box anyway and there aren't many that I care about. Gears being one of them. I have Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Master Ninja is kicking my ass so I done with it at the moment.

I own all the consoles out thus far, and I honestly have not booted up my Xbox 360 for about two months now. I just can't stand the clutter it appears to have just trying to cycle through menu's. Anything on the Marketplace that gets released that I might be interested in - I either pick up the same game on the PS3 or I just don't get it at all for the sheer irritation that it takes well over 2 minutes to scroll through advertisements and additional submenus just to get to the download options and then 2 additional minutes just to be able to select the game.

I've grown to despise the 360 for this exact reason. Some games might run a little better on it, and in some scenarios, I will buy it for the 360. But I think in terms of Bayonetta, I had heard that the issues it had were going to be minimized for the Western release. Perhaps that's why the players experiences here are a little different from what the reviewers, whom likely played the unpatched Japanese version, were saying.

That's my guess anyway. Regardless, I played the Demo, and if the Full Game plays like the Demo, I have no problem with what was going on. Would those of you whom have played the Full Version relate it to the Demo? Exactly the same in terms of loading and so on?

I cant agree more with castlehominid99, the loading screens are an issue but when they infact do happen i just grab my beer or something of the sort. But there are 3 sorts of loading in the game.

1. One which you are preparing to enter the level either through a continue or saved game data. In the space created during that waiting time you can at least practice combos.

2. Loading of the Inventory. Now thats a real pain in the neck. Takes some time for it to load. (Only 1 i can complain about)

3. Loading of movie cutscenes. These can be skipped but it is kinda annoying that the transition from gameplay -> cutscene -> gameplay isnt fast but in anycase i dont mind.

######

Slowdown

######

The amount of enemies on the screen and the amount of detail in the background and foreground affects the slowdown in this game. I tried one of the special battle arenas yesterday and as soon as 8 enemies popped up my moves were a bit sluggish but i just activated witch time making everything alright once again.

---

But all in all the game is challenging and i love the graphics, character and enemy models etc.. etc.. Its a nice purchase for ppl who love these sort of games.

I'm playing through the PS3 version. I'm about half way and I haven't really had any noticeable frame rate issues so far. I think the scaremongering in reviews is rather exaggerated. Yes, going to your inventory is a bit slow, but it's not like you do that all the time. Same with the load times, there's a wait at the start of the level but during play there isn't intermediate loading

Compared to other games there is nothing wrong with this game. The 360 version may have the upper hand because it's even better but there is no reason anyone shouldn't play the PS3 version.