Alfheim Portal Strategy Guide

Labartu

Remember! Alfheim Portals are only available on Normal difficulty or higher! If you miss one, or decide to do some of them later on, you can use Chapter Select to do so.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/52/46.jpg

Angel Slayer(G)

Complete all Alfheim portals

Chapter 1

1st Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 1. After you’ve finished the Verse 2 Battle go back to the place where you got the first Key to open the door.

Mission: Use Witchtime! Defeat all the Angels before time expires! Enemies can be defeated only during Witch Time!

Reward: Broken Moon Pearl.

Strategy: You should equip “Gaze of Despair” to make this Alfheim easier, just wait until an angel attacks and then dodge to engange witch time, then start killing them one after another. To deal quick damage use Wicked Weave attacks.

Chapter 2

2nd Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 2, after the Verse 4 Battle backtrack to where the train came from. The Gate is now wrecked and you can pass through to reach the Alfheim Portal.

Mission: Limited Kicks And Punches! Defeat all the angels before time expires using the limited number of punches and kicks allotted!

Reward: Broken Moon Pearl.

Strategy: Equip Durga (Fire) for hands in Weapon Set A and for legs in Weapon Set B. Then use :triangle: (hold) for charged punches and :circle: (hold) for charged kick attacks. The Enemy will die in no time.

3rd Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 2, after you finish the Verse 4 battle. Before you enter the town square there is a small bridge on the 2nd floor level. Jump up there to reach the third Portal.

Mission: Defeat all Enemies! Defeat all the angels before time expires!

Reward: Broken Witch Heart

Strategy: One of the easiest Alfheim Portals as there are no restrictions, you just have to defeat all enemies quick enough. Engage Witch Time as often as possible, use Torture Attack whenever possible and you will complete this without any problems.

4th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 2, after you’ve finished the Verse 7 Battle runs as far back as possible in the Level. It’s impossible to miss the Portal then.

Mission: Use Torture Attacks! Defeat all the angels before time expires while executing the required number of Torture Attacks!

Reward: Broken Moon Pearl

Strategy: You need to perform 6 Torture Attacks for this challenges while fighting 4 waves of angels. After you’ve performed 6 Torture Attacks, you have to kill the remaining enemies to finish the challenge. Equip "Gaze of Despair" to make things easier. Just use Witch Time whenever possible to fill you Magic Bar quickly. I found it to be easiest if using only Gun-shots when fighting the first wave of Angels, this way you will propably be able to execute 2 Torture Moves before wave 2 spawns. Starting then keep shooting the angels with your gun when Witch Time isn’t active, and hit them with Shuraba when you’ve engaged Witch Time to fill your Magic Bar quicker, as well as finishing off a few enemies so that you won’t fail the Alfheim because there are too many enemy’s left.

Chapter 3

5th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 3, after the Verse 1. Run up the Stairs and shoot the little Trash Can, the Alfheim Portal will then appear under a building near two benches and a chest.

Mission: Stay in the Air! Stay in the air for a set period of time!

Strategy: You have to stay in the Air for 20 seconds. I recommend you equip Kulshedra for this. Then just jump and hold :triangle: to pull enemies towards you. When the enemy is next to you now, jump again. Rinse and Repeat for 20 seconds.

6th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 3, after the Verse 4 Battle. Before you move through the Lava by using the Statues, go back to where you had to create a bridge in the last level by using Witch Time. Jump on top of the balcony there to reach the sixth Alfheim.

Mission: Use Angel Arms! Defeat all the angels before time expires using only Angel Arms!

Strategy: The quickest way to finish this challenge is to pick up the Twin Blades and using it’s shoot-mode by pressing :circle:.

7th Alfheim

Location: Chapter 3, after the Verse 9 Battle. After you’ve joined Paradiso through the Portal, head to the far east and you’ll reach the Portal.

Mission: Witch Time Disabled! Defeat all the angels before time expires! However, Witch Time has been disabled!

Strategy: If you have it, equip the “Evil Harvest Rosary” as it can help you defeat enemies faster, as Witch Time is disabled anyway. Use Wicked Weave attacks to deal huge damage to your enemies and watch out for the their attacks.

8th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 3. After you’ve used the hourglass to fix the Bridge, run back into the cave you came from, near the Gates of Hell Portal.

Mission: Use Wicked Weaves! Defeat all the angels before time expires! Enemies can only be defeated using Wicked Weave Attacks!

Strategy: You should equip Shuraba and use :triangle: -> :circle: -> :triangle:. You propably will need a few tries here because if a normal attack connects, you’ll get interrupted. So, keep your distance and you’ll be fine.

Chapter 5

9th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 5. After the Verse 2 Battle head back to the starting point of the level.

Mission: Use Witch Time! Defeat all angels before the time expires! Enemies can be defeated only during Witch Time!

Strategy: Just the same as the 1st Alfheim Portal, remember - engange Witch Time as often as possible to execute as many Torture Attacks as possible to finish the challenge quickly.

10th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 5 after the Verse 7 Battle in the Tower you have to climb the Tower until “Harmony” (Angels) appear. Defeat all of them and head back to the bottom of the Tower, there’s now an Alfheim Portal.

Mission: Stay in the Air! Stay in the air for a set period of time!

Strategy: The same as the 5th Alfheim Portal, except that you’ll need to stay in the air for a bit over 50 seconds now. Use the same Strategy as in the 5th Portal and if you’re high enough and there’s no enemy in reach for a short time, use “Crow within” until you can repeat to pull enemies towards you using Kulshedra.

11th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 5, after the Verse 9 Battle. You’ll leave the Tower now, and have to run up a stone-serpent-thing. But, instead of running up (left side) run down the serpent (right side) to reach the Portal.

Mission: Limited Kicks And Punches! Defeat all the angels before the time expires using the limited number of punches and kicks allotted!

Strategy: Equip Shuraba and engage in Witch Time. Use Iai-Jutsu (hold :triangle: ) until it’s charged twice and release. Rinse and Repeat until the Enemies are dead.

Edited by Labartu

Chapter 6

12th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 6. After you’ve pulled the switch in the room with the Spike-Traps, defeat the angels and head back to the spot where you fought the two “Inspired” (Dragon like Angels), the Portal is located on the Platform you stood on when you first reached this place.

Mission: Use Torture Attacks! Defeat all the angels before time expires while executing the required number of Torture Attacks!

Strategy: You have to execute 5 Torture Attacks this time. I used “Gaze of Despair” for the first two waves of Angels so that I had at least 4/5 Torture Attacks done once they’ve died. As soon as Wave two was dead I un-equipped “Gaze of Despair” and finished off the two remaining Waves while doing the last Torture Attack. Actually, I executed 9 Torture Attacks by the end of the Battle, so don’t worry about it.

Chapter 9

13th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 9. Head up to stairs of the plaza and smash the wall with the sun on it. Behind this is the Alfheim Portal.

Mission: Out-of-Body Battle! Defeat all the angels before time expires! You must be out of body to defeat the enemies!

Strategy: You have to press :square: to perform the out of body action. It is recommended that you use attacks with a long range (Like Shurabas :triangle: -> :circle: -> :triangle: attack) to quickly defeat enemies. Remember to keep an eye out for Bayonetta’s body and keep it save. You don't want to lose the Battle because of the angels attacking it.

14th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 9. You will need “Crow within” to reach this portal, so if you don’t have it, purchase it in the Gates of Hell. After your first Battle with the two Kinship, jump on top of them and you’ll see the Alfheim Portal far away on a light platform, double jump and use crow within to reach the platform.

Mission: Defeat all Enemies! Defeat all the angels before time expires!

Strategy: You’ll fight Jeanne this time, but she only has one Health Bar. Use your usual strategy against her, and you’ll be fine. I managed to kill her in under 20 seconds, and you get around a minute to defeat her.

15th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 9. Proceed in the Level until you’ve defeated the Golem, once you’ve done so, run as far back as possible. On the platform you landed on right after you dropped through all the tentacles is now an Alfheim Portal. You have to beat the 3 “Joy” though, if you didn’t already do so.

Mission: Limited Kicks and Punches! Defeat all the angels before time expires using the limited number of punches and kicks allotted!

Strategy: Equip Durga (electric) to Bayonetta’s hand in Weapon Set A and to her feet in Weapon Set B. Engage Witch Time and use the Charged Attacks (hold down :triangle: or :circle: ) to defeat the enemies.

Chapter 10

16th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 10, once you’re able to turn the town, turn it to the right and jump on the platform with a chest on it, the Alfheim Portal is right next to the chest.

Mission: Use Wicked Weaves! Defeat all the angels before time expires! Enemies can only be defeated using Wicked Weave Attacks!

Strategy: Take a look at the Strategy of the 8th Alfheim Portal, remember – keep your distance so that no normal attack connects.

17th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 10, after you’ve made it through the Spike-Traps after Verse 8, you’ll reach a Gates of Hell Portal, you’ll now have to go back as far as possible to reach the Alfheim Portal.

Mission: Use Angel Arms! Defeat all the angels before time expires using only angel arms!

Strategy: This time, you should pick the Staff-Weapon for the first wave of angels, and use the spinning move (:circle: and then quickly turn the left analog stick to expand the attack zone), and the Twin Blades Shooting Mode for the other two waves of enemies.

Chapter 12

18th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 12.There’s a Gates of Hell Portal shortly before you’ll exit the plane through the wall on your left. Backtrack to the beginning of the Level and finish the 2 Waves of Enemies off to make the Portal appear.

Mission: Out-Of-Body-Battle! Defeat all the angels before time expires! You must be out-of-body to defeat the enemies!

Strategy: Basically the same as Portal 13, your enemies are on fire now, though. This means you can’t directly attack them without being in Witch Time, because during Witch Time the fire won't hurt you. So use Wicked Weaves or Witch Time to beat them.

19th Alfheim Portal

Location: Head back to the Gates of Hell Portal and leave the plane. Once outside, shoot the Angels flying around there and keep your eye open for an engine you can jump into. Jump into it, and use the Angels that will spawn to activate Witch Time. Once Witch Time is enabled run through as many propellers as possible, rinse and repeat until you reach the end of the Engine, there’s the Alfheim Portal.

Mission: Use Witch Time! Defeat all the angels before time expires! Enemies can be defeated only during Witch Time!

Strategy: You’ll only face one Enemy here – a Golem. I recommend you’ll use Durga’s (electric) charge attack during Witch Time to deal a good amount of damage to him during one Witch Time. You’ll be able to hit him with 2-3 Charged Attacks every Witch Time, so he’ll die in no time.

Chapter 15

20th Alfheim Portal

Location: Chapter 15. After the Verse 8 Battle (The Boss-like Angel you have to kill by using the two cannons), go back to the starting point of the chapter, head the way that leads away from the stairs and use “Beast within” or “Crow within” to leap over the gap, the Alfheim Portal is right there.

Mission: Witch Time Disabled! Defeat all the angels before time expires! However, Witch Time has been disabled!

Strategy: Equip “Evil Harvest Rosary” if you have it, and use Wicked Weave Attacks with long range most of the time as your enemies are on fire. But it’s basically the same as Alfheim Portal Number 7.

Epilogue

21th Alfheim Portal (Final Alfheim!)

Location: During the Epilogue you’ll start the Chapter by playing Jeanne, play until Verse 4 Battle and you actually have to climb Jubileus Statue – run up until you reach the height of her shoulders and then go back as far as possible, the Alfheim Portal is on one of the Satellite like things.

Strategy: Basically it’s the same as all the other “Use Wicked Weaves!” Alfheim’s (See “8th Alfheim”). There’s only a minor difference, as the enemies will sometimes set themselves on fire after you’ve hit them once. But as you better do not hit them anyway (as normal attacks will interrupt you), it doesn’t make a huge difference. Just keep an eye out for them so that you won’t damage yourself if you’re too close to the enemies.

Edited by Labartu

when will you start writing the trophy guide

Once I feel like it. Or have the time for it. Honestly? I already started writing it, but I need the Alfheim Strategy Guide and the Collectibles Guide first, so that I can complete it. Just be patient, a guide will come soon enough. Maybe I'll even leave the Collectibles Guide alone and look for a good one I can link to.

Edited by Labartu

Okay, the Strategy Guide is official finished now, guys! I hope you'll enjoy it and it will help you people out. As I said in the starting post, feel free to post if you think you know an easier way to do one of the Alfheim Portals or see any mistakes. ;)

Now off to work a bit more on the trophy guide...

Okay, the Strategy Guide is official finished now, guys! I hope you'll enjoy it and it will help you people out. As I said in the starting post, feel free to post if you think you know an easier way to do one of the Alfheim Portals or see any mistakes. ;)

Now off to work a bit more on the trophy guide...

Extremely good work on the guide. Thank you very much.

little tip if one has trouble with one of the limited punches and kicks ones:

use the laserguns you get for finishing the game on hard. their charge attacks are pretty overpowered on normal. most of the time you have so many punches/kicks available that you dont even need to bother about combos; simply shoot away.

downside: obviously you have to finish the game on hard beforehand.

little tip if one has trouble with one of the limited punches and kicks ones:

use the laserguns you get for finishing the game on hard. their charge attacks are pretty overpowered on normal. most of the time you have so many punches/kicks available that you dont even need to bother about combos; simply shoot away.

downside: obviously you have to finish the game on hard beforehand.

Well, it's a good tip, but most people will attempt the Alfheim Portals before even touching Hard Mode. Also, the Durga's Charge Attacks work the exact same way, you don't even need all of the punches / kicks to finish the Battle.

But, anyway, good tip for those who finished hard and can't get used to Durga.

I think you can quit after you've finished the Alfheim as the Game saved a Pure Platinum Medal for me, even though I quitted the Chapter during half-way (during my first playthrough) and I still got the Trophy after I earned 9 more. Also it saves collectibles even if you quit the Chapter, so I think it's the same with the Portals.

But I can't say for sure as I completed them while finishing the Chapter, as I was going for all collectibles at the same time. The thing that makes me wonder if it works is the fact that you have to "overwrite" your medals etc once the chapter is over.

well, looks like u must finish the chapter, else it won't register the medal u obtain for it, and thus not register the completion of the port. (even though it autosaves upon leaving the port, but it does that regardless, wether u complete it or not)

soo, before i went to #21 i went back and did the 2 ports i skipped, completed them and quit during the chapter.

after i completed #21 , even the "discover all alfheim ports" trophy did not pop. i waited for the credits and stuff to finish before i posted this just to be sure. (you never know..)

hope this helps.

grtz

• Like 1

u should wait with the editting, ill try to confirm this 100% by completing chapter 2 and 6 and redo the alfheim ports and completing the level and see if it's actually legit . cuz if it still doesn't pop after i redo+complete them, i clearly fucked up something else :p (even though i was using a checklist..but hey. fail moments are unexpected) :X

Okay this is damn frustrating, I can't beat the 1st portal. I have no idea where to get this "Gaze of Despair" item, and they're not attacking fast enough for me to kill 'em all in time. Whenever I actually get into Witch Time I can't kill them fast enough, how the hell did you guys do it? >__>

You can buy "Gaze of Despair" in the Gates of Hell. I just did the Alfheims I managed to do on my first playthrough and then redid the ones I couldn't pull off. The thing is, you CAN do them all the first time you encounter them, it's just fucking annoying sometimes. I mean, you can go there and Taunt every single angel manually, but it's just, like I said, fucking annoying and you'll cut it very close then.

Edited by Labartu

ic you've already editted it, but eh, it does save a completed gate even though u quit during a chapter, i just fucked up something else entirely.

i'm very sorry for the misinformation..

the game even shows "previously completed" when u want to enter a gate that has allready been completed. so when i went back to check the gates, they both showed that i cleared them....

apparently i just missed a gate somewhere, even though i was using a checklist.. /facepalm..

sorry again man..

Your guide really helps a lot and I've been completing them so far, one by one. I REALLY struggled with the 18th portal, though. That's the one where you go "out of body" and fight the enemies on fire. I found that if you equip the fire Durga, you can attack them without taking any damage. I thought this would be helpful to everyone, as it made the challenge significantly easier for me.

Edit: I guess it only works if you have them equipped as your shoes. I tried them on the hands and it didn't really work. Kind of odd. Also using the whip on the fiery enemies doesn't let you get damaged as well.

Edited by SidooRabbit

I would highly suggest editing the location description of #17. You hardly "reach the gate". It's more like you can see it off in the distance. I dropped down thinking that I had to go to the gate, then backtrack. Well you can't do that because you can't get back up to the ledge.

Advising people to not drop down into the valley would be a step in the right direction lol. Pretty pissing off to have to do it all over again.

I would highly suggest editing the location description of #17. You hardly "reach the gate". It's more like you can see it off in the distance. I dropped down thinking that I had to go to the gate, then backtrack. Well you can't do that because you can't get back up to the ledge.

Advising people to not drop down into the valley would be a step in the right direction lol. Pretty pissing off to have to do it all over again.

Uhm, dude, the "Gates of Hell" Portal is the red portal on the ground, you know that, right? And as far as I remember, it is right after the Spike Traps, so no dropping down is required to reach the Gates of Hell Portal. But if someone else confirms that, the Gates of Hell Portal (You know, the Shop), really is down the ledge and not right after the Spike Traps, I'll edit it.