Rate the trophy difficulty...  

534 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_6.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.24

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

Gave it a 5. It's really not that difficult once you get familiar with the combat and the game in general.

Hard and Nonstop Climax aren't so bad either once you learn how to use the Moon of Makaa Kalaa effectively, and if you really need to, you can stock up on health items and spam them. There's infinite continues too.

Can't rate this higher than 4... (and that's for Alfheims ONLY)

The game itself is pretty easy on normal; same for the Alfheims which are rather easy once you get the hang of it. (there are 2-3 hard ones but the rest is really easy)

Now finishing the game on higher difficulties could easily have pushed this towards 10 but with endless continues and an unlimited supply of items all difficulty / story related trophies are just a matter of time. Hell, this game has an integrated god mode (invulnerability lollies which last ages ^^)...

Hardest trophy for me was averting three consecutive hits with the moon. there i was close to giving up...

hard game, easy platinum.

Can't rate this higher than 4... (and that's for Alfheims ONLY)

The game itself is pretty easy on normal; same for the Alfheims which are rather easy once you get the hang of it. (there are 2-3 hard ones but the rest is really easy)

Now finishing the game on higher difficulties could easily have pushed this towards 10 but with endless continues and an unlimited supply of items all difficulty / story related trophies are just a matter of time. Hell, this game has an integrated god mode (invulnerability lollies which last ages ^^)...

Hardest trophy for me was averting three consecutive hits with the moon. there i was close to giving up...

hard game, easy platinum.

I can see it being pretty tough for alot of people. For one you have to beat it 3 times with each on a different difficulty, that's at least a 5. And then I'd add a point for beating all of the Alfheim portals since that seems like something not everyone can do. Add another point for collecting everything, and then another point for grinding for Halos to buy all the accessories...I'd give it an 8 just because people can't just breeze through it.

You don't need to grind for Halos as you don't need to buy all accessories, all you need to buy are Techniques. Also, Time Consuming =/= Difficult.

you don't have to buy all of them, but some cost 100K-200K that's needed for trophies and I can see people being too lazy to do it. And difficulty can be the reason it's time consuming to people just the same vice versa. I'd give the game at least a 7 to normal gamers, I wouldn't just give it a 4 because it was easy to me.

you don't have to buy all of them, but some cost 100K-200K that's needed for trophies and I can see people being too lazy to do it.

The only Item you HAVE to buy is the Moon of Mahaa Kalaa, which costs 200.000 Halos. But you don't need to grind for those, as you get way more Halos than that by just playing through the Game. I'm not even arguing about your difficulty rating, I would have rated it 3 if I wouldn't have thought about difficultys other people can have, and we both just rated different then, no problem there.

I just disagree that you have to grind for halos. The only way you won't have enough Halos is by just playing through the game once, purchasing all techniques and some Witch Hearts / Moon Pearls. And people who don't even attempt a second playthrough won't get the plat anyway, so I strongly disagree that "grinding halos" can add to the Plats difficulty.

Edited by Labartu

it took me about 30 hours to get platinum

I suggest that, at first clear climax to get the new weapon. You can use items, it's not so hard.

And then play Alfheims in normal,there will be much easier

I wouldn't just give it a 4 because it was easy to me.

it wasnt easy to me - hell, no. :D

first time through, i died in every single verse (on normal!). but that was just me sucking at the game. i gave it a 4 because you can "cheat" through the whole game and reduce the difficulty to zero.

all that remains then are the alfheims which are pretty easy if you use a guide (because there are strict requirements with strict solutions - more or less).

i'm far away from bragging here, i just state my opinion about the platinum difficulty. a single trophy like "Finish the game on Infinite Climax without items" or "Achieve overall Platinum on difficulty xy" and i probably would have given this game an 8-10.

but the way it is i remain: hard game, easy platinum.

Just gotta finish Climax and I'm finished. 4/10.

The Alfheims were annoying because sometimes you need something a little extra to make it in your favor. But after you do then all, you basically run through hard mode. I did it in one seating at about 5 hours and 15 mins. So Climax won't be too much of a big deal. I was using the Rosary on some of the fights on hard mode because witch mode wasn't popping when I wanted it to.

Edited by Dynames

I personally would give this a 3-4 but I' a huge fan of these type of games and have beat nearly every DMC game on DMD mode. For the average gamer I gave it a seven because the harder difficulties can be really brutal without a guide.

I'm gonna start this game in a day or two. Hopefully I'll be able to get this one but I'm kinda worried about the difficulty. I only played the first bit of DMC1 and I beat DMC. I did Easy and Normal, but Son of Sparda mode I couldn't even get passed the first fight with Dante. From the sound of it a lot of people have gotten it already, though, so maybe I'll be lucky.

I think people are forgetting the fact that you can use items in this game like hell. Not only that but it essentially trivializes a lot of the difficulty in this game. In climax who cares about Witch Time if you just use a Red and Yellow lollipop, and destroy everything in your way?

I saved up all of my items from my normal playthrough just for Hard and Climax. Then used them on certain fights that were a challenge and just breezed through it. Jeanne for example is an absolute joke with lollipops because she hardly ever moves, and takes huge damage.

I saved up all of my items from my normal playthrough just for Hard and Climax. Then used them on certain fights that were a challenge and just breezed through it. Jeanne for example is an absolute joke with lollipops because she hardly ever moves, and takes huge damage.

That's what I did too, I hardly needed those items for the first two playthroughs and they really helped me through Climax. If not for that, the game would have been incredibly hard and pretty frustrating.

The first playthrough was challenging in the beginning but it takes getting used to (my hands were rusty from not playing DMC4 for two years) and sometimes the Jeanne fights were insanely hard but the alfheim portals weren't devastating. So overall the difficulty was a 6 for me (same as Uncharted).

I just got the platinum, finally. I gave it a difficulty rating of 5. Non-stop infinity climax is not that difficult as long as you equip moon of makaa kalaa and evil rosary. Here are some of the tips I would like to share though I can't guarantee if this will work for some players:

1. for alfheim portal 13 and 18 (out of body battle): the easiest way to complete this challenge is to equip "gaze of despair". Once you perform the out-of-body, move away from bayonetta's body and the "angry" angels will ignore it and follow you instead.

2. most difficult battle is against Jeanne (final fight against her): my strategy to defeat her is to attack her aggresively and try to avert most of her attacks.

3. killgore switch and weave attack (using shuraba) are two attacks I mostly used because they are very effective.

4. if needed, buy and use the yellow lollipop to grant you a temporary shield. This is useful in boss battles.

Bayonetta is a very fun game despite of the loading and framerate issues. I still have lots of games that I want to plat. My next would be Army of Two 40th day.

Thank guys for the guide. My platinum wouldn't be possible without your guide.

I dont get why all you people think this game is easy, I found the normal play through okey not all that hard, but in hard difficulty its impossible, Im at the start of the game where you have to get 3 torture attacks and you cant use lollies. Im not new to these types of games so i must be doing some think very wrong

I also found it difficult at start. The strategy I did was to stay away from those 'grace and glory' to give me distance enough for me to perform the weave attack using shuraba ([ATTACH]775[/ATTACH] - [ATTACH]776[/ATTACH] - [ATTACH]775[/ATTACH]). Just keep on doing this until you collect enough magic orb for you to perform the torture attack. I think you can still use the lollies. Make sure you "set" them in the menu so that you can easily access/use them during battles by pressing left, up or right button. If you can perform the killgore switch, it's much better.