Demo Impressions

Ether999

So, what do you all think of the demo? (available on JP store)

I thought it was pretty good. Fast paced action, bosses were cool. The graphics looked mediocre compared to the 360 version, but I don't care much about that. My only gripe was that the whole thing was in japanese, so I couldn't turn off the invert, adjust the camera speed, or look at the controls, but thats okay.

• 3 weeks later...

i didn't notice any differences while playing the ps3 demo in comparisson with the 360 one.. off course if we put them side by side there are differences but for me while playing one its not important.

Now, the game is AWESOME, very nice gameplay, loved the music, loved the design of the enemies and the maps... im LOVING this game, its a sure buy for me...

I have a question tho. Do you guys think that if we import this game and then get the US release, do we get 2 plat trohpies? like Demon's Souls? or just counts as 1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey, I was wondering if this demo was still up on the JPN store. I was looking for it a couple days ago, but I couldn't find it under the PS3 Demoes section.

it already hit european and american psn stores, so perhaps more worthwhile to check those out? i think it's already out of the JPN one...

I thought it was pretty good actually. Fast paced action, interesting boss encounters and the climax of them, pretty good visuals I thought etc. My only tiny grip is that you can't view the combo moves, I just had to guess some combos and see if they work.:think: Pretty good game though, that's for sure. Looking forward to getting it....eventually.

Not Demo but Full Game Impressions - for some strange reasons it's out here in Germany already but it seems the rest of the world (excluding Japan) didn't get it yet. oO At least I didn't hear about some one who got it here, if not imported.

The Game is pretty awesome, just a few things are annoying - the loading times and the fact that I'm still not good enough at dodging to survive a whole chapter without dying once. :p Just kidding, the loading times are actually annyoing and the fact that you have to press :r2: before you can dodge is bullshit aswell - maybe I'm just spoiled after being able to dodge by just hitting the right control stick in GoW...

Well, good game anyway, and I'll get used to the dodging after a while, I hope. I don't regret buying it.

the fact that you have to press :r2: before you can dodge is bullshit aswell - maybe I'm just spoiled after being able to dodge by just hitting the right control stick in GoW...

Well, good game anyway, and I'll get used to the dodging after a while, I hope. I don't regret buying it.

Actually the dodge is a hell lot easier than Devil May Cry already. But I agree, GoW is much much more straight forward and you can hardly miss.

I think the demo is ok. I don't find the gameplay particularly similar to DMC actually. For starter button mushing never works in DMC but here you can easily churn out many different moves just pressing buttons almost randomly. And of course the famous "style meter" which I love is gone. Music in DMC is more to my taste as well. Don't particularly like the character design in Bayonetta, either. So as much as I love DMC I won't be getting this when it comes out in January - maybe eventually when the price drops, a lot.

Actually the dodge is a hell lot easier than Devil May Cry already. But I agree, GoW is much much more straight forward and you can hardly miss.

I actually wouldn't know about DMC's dodging as I always used Trickster, which made it ridiculously easy to dodge enemy's attacks with Dante and with Nero in DMC 4 I never had any problems as far as I remember. I don't even remember that I had to dodge so much using him.

I actually wouldn't know about DMC's dodging as I always used Trickster, which made it ridiculously easy to dodge enemy's attacks with Dante and with Nero in DMC 4 I never had any problems as far as I remember. I don't even remember that I had to dodge so much using him.

Hahaha, good old Trickster! Normal dodge involves pressing R1 to lock on the enemy you want to dodge, left stick to point to Dante's left or right when facing the target, then X to execute the action. Note there is a short recovery time for Dante after the dodge so in say DMD mode it needs to be timed perfectly. I didn't dodge much with Nero either - Devil Bringer is much handier than that ;)

Hahaha, good old Trickster! Normal dodge involves pressing R1 to lock on the enemy you want to dodge, left stick to point to Dante's left or right when facing the target, then X to execute the action. Note there is a short recovery time for Dante after the dodge so in say DMD mode it needs to be timed perfectly. I didn't dodge much with Nero either - Devil Bringer is much handier than that ;)

Ah, well, okay, than Bayonetta really isn't as hard compared to DMC. But heck, I would be so glad if Bayonetta could use Trickster. :p