Possibly Starting on Easy - Thoughts?

kakihara301

For this year (at least a good portion of it) I'm doing cleanup of some of the games I either have in my backlog or I just haven't finished for one reason or another. One of my biggest offenders on my list is Bayonetta. I tried it a couple years ago and was just AWFUL at it. Hack n slash that requires combos, blocks and dodges and me do not mix. I'm so bad at them I worry that I'll have this game taken away by the authorities!

In all seriousness, I'm looking for honest opinions. I tried it on normal before and just couldn't get the feel for it. The ONLY other game I felt like this with was WET. I'm thinking about using a technique I used for that game in this. I quit that game and did an easy playthru to learn the basics of the learning curve and eventually got good enough to plat that.

What do you guys think? I'm fine with doing another playthru if it means it will help me get plat on this.

If you're bad at this game, I recommend doing this on easy. Not just because it's easier, but you're also given an accessory which I believe was called "Immortal Marionette" which essentially does combos FOR you simply by mashing one button. After you clear easy, you can buy it at the shop for 100,000 halos on normal or hard difficulty, which could be really helpful for you.

Also, by playing on easy, you'll get more halos which you can buy more accessories and techniques with, and possibly boost your maximum health and magic which you can later use on other difficulties.

But honestly, once you get used to the gameplay, it really isn't too hard.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SpadesOfDarkness

*SNIP*

Hope this helps.

Greatly appreciated, SoD. I never play on easy (the only time I've ever done that is the aforementioned Wet), but I'd rather start like that if I feel this stumped. Besides, I still have to play all the other difficulties no matter what way I decide to start.

So, everything carries over to subsequent playthroughs?

Thanks for the info and kind words Labartu and Jannedaarc135. I really appreciate it. Started up on easy last night and just taking my time. I don't understand why I struggle so badly at these type of hack n' slash (DmC-style), but I just do. Hopefully this will at least make it so I can 100% this.

Thanks again!

I had the same issue. I was sooo bad at this I would grind chapter 2 just for ingredients because the later missions were giving me so much trouble.

But once I beat Easy, I started getting the hang of everything. Skipping cutscenes every chance you get drastically cuts down each playthroughs length.

In fact I had more fun playing when I'd skip each cutscene because playing the game had become so much fun at that point. lol

I had the same issue. I was sooo bad at this I would grind chapter 2 just for ingredients because the later missions were giving me so much trouble.

But once I beat Easy, I started getting the hang of everything. Skipping cutscenes every chance you get drastically cuts down each playthroughs length.

In fact I had more fun playing when I'd skip each cutscene because playing the game had become so much fun at that point. lol

Totally agree with you. Just finished my second playthrough (on Normal) and I'm starting to get a feel for it. I still suck at it, but I'm able to get through it now. There were only a few spots I'm DEFINITELY not looking forward to on Hard and Infinite Climax - the cannon boss fight in the Tower, the Kinships and those GODDAMNED PIECE OF SHIT GRACE AND GLORY. Ugh, I hate those guys soooo much.