Bayonetta 2 confirmed!... for Wii U

KyleGM

You might suddenly be interested in getting a Wii U, Nintendo has announced Bayonetta 2 and is exclusive to Wii U.

Published on Sep 13, 2012

Nintendo has just announced Bayonetta 2, which will be exclusive for Wii U.

In a move that no one was expecting, everyones favourite beat-'em-up is getting a sequel that will be exclusive to Nintendo's Wii U console.

No further details were given, just that Platinum Games is working on Bayonetta 2 and that Hideki Kamiya will be returning for the sequel.

Platinum Games is working on a second Wii U game too, previously known as Project 100. Nintendo confirmed the final name of the game as The Wonderful 101.

No release date was given for either game.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1587603/bayonetta_2_confirmed_for_wii_u.html

Well that sucks... :(

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm feeling the same way.

I couldn't get into the Wii and I definitely can't see myself buying a console for one game....Even if I really love Bayonetta. :(

It's also rather odd that Nintendo would pick it up when the Wii is the only console that didn't have the first game. I wonder if they'll make a port of the first game for it?

Wii U is hurting me... Not only it gets bayonetta exclusively but NG3 razor edge too which is so much better than the original... i smell a marketing strategy to get people to buy Wii U... errrrrrrrr!:mad:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 for PS3/360 is inevitable.

maybe the same with bayonetta.

sega owns the IP, and the fanbase is here and MS.

it should be a matter of time.

This. It's great that a sequel was confirmed, I don't care in which system.

maybe your parents buy you games and consoles...

its not easy to throw 400 dollars just to play one game.

Edited by Raggnarok

I read about this yesterday and I got sad :(

Pretty awsome that the game exist.

Your loss buddy,i don't play consoles,i play games.

I also play games but consider that it will be on a complete different console. Some people do not care about consoles but don't have enough money to buy more than one. The first one wasn't exclusive to begin with, and putting a game on a different consoles and exclusive is a slap in the face to gamers.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 for PS3/360 is inevitable.

maybe the same with bayonetta.

sega owns the IP, and the fanbase is here and MS.

it should be a matter of time.

That's really doubtful, because Nintendo is publishing both of those. Although the situation with Bayonetta 2 is quite different from Ninja Gaiden 3, because it's highly believed that the game was cancelled because Sega wouldn't or couldn't fund its' development. It seems like Nintendo were the only ones who gave a darn about it, so that's why it's Wii U exclusive. They have essentially resurrected this franchise, if only for one more game.

And if you know anything about Nintendo Published exclusives, it's that they stay exclusive. And if it bombs, it most certainly won't come out on PS3/360.

That's really doubtful, because Nintendo is publishing both of those. Although the situation with Bayonetta 2 is quite different from Ninja Gaiden 3, because it's highly believed that the game was cancelled because Sega wouldn't or couldn't fund its' development. It seems like Nintendo were the only ones who gave a darn about it, so that's why it's Wii U exclusive. They have essentially resurrected this franchise, if only for one more game.

And if you know anything about Nintendo Published exclusives, it's that they stay exclusive. And if it bombs, it most certainly won't come out on PS3/360.

it would have been hilarious if Capcom was the publisher xD

all we can hope is for a director's cut version.

For the people saying I don't appreciate the game getting a sequel, I do, it was a great game and definitely deserved a sequel. I am not however going to buy an entirely new console for the sake of playing one game, that is what I am disappointed about, that I will not get to play this game. I enjoy Playstation consoles, I have only ever owned Playstation consoles, not to say the other systems aren't good, as I admire their strengths, they just do not interest me.

• 2 weeks later...
maybe your parents buy you games and consoles...

its not easy to throw 400 dollars just to play one game.

I work to pay my games, and I won't get the WiiU just for playing Bayonetta and throw it away, Nintendo has a lot of great exclusives I would like to play. Besides I'll probably wait until the price drops a bit.

mass effect 1 was funded by microsoft. who would have thought this could ever come out on ps3? and now look where we are.

nintendo co-worked on this castle mode for samurai warriors 3. this mode was simply cut out when it was ported to ps3. as long as sega owns the bayonetta ip anything is possible

i don't plan on buying the wii u anytime soon (bought cube and wii for 99 each after years) and i still have anarchy reign and rising to look forward too, so if bayo 2 never comes out on ps3, fine by me. however, they won't get a cent off me since when i'll buy it it will be used

Edited by jigsaw

mass effect 1 was funded by microsoft. who would have thought this could ever come out on ps3? and now look where we are.

nintendo co-worked on this castle mode for samurai warriors 3. this mode was simply cut out when it was ported to ps3. as long as sega owns the bayonetta ip anything is possible

i don't plan on buying the wii u anytime soon (bought cube and wii for 99 each after years) and i still have anarchy reign and rising to look forward too, so if bayo 2 never comes out on ps3, fine by me. however, they won't get a cent off me since when i'll buy it it will be used

no it was not "funded" however it was published which is is why ME was so suprising. There is a huge difference

That's why I question Bayonetta 2's exclusivity on Wii U. Goldeneye on Wii had help from Nintendo also and Activision said Goldeneye was exclusive to Wii. Although Goldeneye wasn't published by Nintendo, I did rememeber Nintendo had some involvement with it. Now look what happen a year after the Wii release, it got "reloaded" for PS3 and 360. Ninja Gaiden 2 on 360 was published by Microsoft and yet a year later PS3 got Ninja Gaiden 2 as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Geez even the 360 box said "Only on Xbox 360":

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/2/7/3/943273_96000_front.jpg

and the ironic part of the PS3 port said only on Playstation despite it being a port of the 360:

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/box/8/9/0/958890_122700_front.jpg

Speaking of Ninja Gaiden, the Wii U version of Ninja Gaiden 3 will be published by Nintendo, not Tecmo. Despite the PS3 and 360 version came out first. Also the last time I check, Nintendo didn't own Platinum Games or the Bayonetta IP, unless Nintendo bought out Platinum Game or buy the Bayonetta IP, Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive. It may end up getting a PS3/360 port in the future.

Edited by mikedo2007
adding on about Nintendo ddoesn't own Platinum Game nor Bayonetta IP

While I'm kind of sad PS3 won't be getting Bayonetta 2... I'm also happy that there will be one that I might play one day. (I don't have money to buy a brand new console and I'm admittedly skeptical of Nintendo's new console.) Plus this also means there might be a Bayonetta 3 available later. So at the very least good to know Beyonetta won't be gone forever.

Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 are just different enough to warrant a title change which means they can both claim "Only On" status since it's technically true... there is no Ninja Gaiden 2 on PS3. PS3 has Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. List of differences.

So perhaps we won't see "Bayonetta 2" on PS3 but instead we'll see: "Bayonetta 2: Ultimate Climax" version for PS3/360 in 6 month to a year's time.

While I'm kind of sad PS3 won't be getting Bayonetta 2... I'm also happy that there will be one that I might play one day. (I don't have money to buy a brand new console and I'm admittedly skeptical of Nintendo's new console.) Plus this also means there might be a Bayonetta 3 available later. So at the very least good to know Beyonetta won't be gone forever.

Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 are just different enough to warrant a title change which means they can both claim "Only On" status since it's technically true... there is no Ninja Gaiden 2 on PS3. PS3 has Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. List of differences.

So perhaps we won't see "Bayonetta 2" on PS3 but instead we'll see: "Bayonetta 2: Ultimate Climax" version for PS3/360 in 6 month to a year's time.

or "Bayonetta 2: Director's Cut" or "Bayonetta 2: Reloaded". Anyway, that's not my point. Ninja Gaiden 2 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 maybe different titles but the storyline, content, and gameplay is the same. That's why I think Bayonetta 2 on Wii U is timed exclusive, the Bayonetta 2 Wii U situation as I said is similar to Goldeneye on Wii (which we already saw getting PS3 and 360 port). If they can port Bayonetta 2 with the same gameplay and story (and maybe more content not found in the Wii U version) under a different title, then I'm happy with it. It work for Ninja Gaiden 2 and Goldeneye, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't be any different if it get a PS3/360 port.