Touch And It Will REALLY Hurt Tips?

ARandomWelshGuy

I've spent over 3 hours trying to do this on the Prologue and I've done it 3 times (I think).

Can someone give me some other tips on where to do it?

I've already got the Bat thing from Gates of Hell :/

Thanks for a reply.

I did it on the graveyard in both the PlayStation and the X Box version.

Train a bit, defeat all enemies but 2 or 3 and you should be able to do it.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6411/bayonettatrophe4.jpg

Edited by Cetra

I did it on the graveyard in both the PlayStation and the X Box version.

Train a bit, defeat all enemies but 2 or 3 and you should be able to do it.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6411/bayonettatrophe4.jpg

Which controls did you use for the PS3? I tried just using the left analogue stick but nothing would happen. I used the Triangle and left analogue stick like someone suggested in a Youtube comment :)

Rather than find new ways of saying old things, I'll just copy/paste the same answer I gave to this question the last time it was brought up (and re-iterate my bafflement about where people get it into their heads that :triangle: has anything to do with countering...):

Don't press triangle for starters. And do you know that you have to have the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa equipped? I'm not trying to treat you like an idiot by asking that question, it's just that I'm not sure why you're pressing triangle, so I'm making sure you know about the accessory required for the move...

Anyways, you just need to flick the left stick in the direction of the enemy attacking you, and if you get the timing right you'll perform a counter. And you don't really wait until after the enemy has hit you; what you should do is watch the enemy's weapon closely, and once it looks like it is actually touching you but before you go through the "Ouch, I've been hit!" animation is when you want to flick the stick.

As for where to get this, I would say against the first Beloved you face in chapter 1: you'll beat several waves of enemies in a plaza, then Beloved (the giant with the axe) will spawn: he'll be the only enemy you face, so you can just stand perfectly still and work on countering his attacks; he's big and moves slow and only has two attacks - overhead swing and sideways swing - so you don't have anything to worry about other than the timing; also, if you play on Normal difficulty or higher he'll have enough health that he can withstand many counters in case you're able to pull off one or two but not three in a row. I'm sure everyone will have a different idea where this should be done, but after I figured out the timing on Beloved's attack for the first time I never had a problem blocking him afterwards.

• 1 month later...
Rather than find new ways of saying old things, I'll just copy/paste the same answer I gave to this question the last time it was brought up (and re-iterate my bafflement about where people get it into their heads that :triangle: has anything to do with countering...):

Haha, Thanks so much man :D

After giving up on it before, I decided to come back to it today and after reading your advice, I got it within 10 counters

+Rep or whatever it is to you :D

• 4 months later...

This one almost felt glitchy a bit. I did it three times countering three times in a row before the trophy popped. The second time I did it the one for countering popped and I was like sweet, but it didn't pop right after that. Third time it finally popped. I just used the Bat Within test to get it.

• 1 month later...

Another great place to do this is an alheim portal, i think the 2nd or 3rd, not sure, where you need to defeat a lone beloved. The good thing here is the fact that you can try it as as much as you like as long as you dont complete the challenge. This is where i did it. And i dont know why people try to push triangle, it does not work like that

• 3 years later...