Easy Way To Finish End Game by mr-jvoorhees

mrjvoorhees

Hello fellow trophy hunters,

Here an easy and quick way to finish off the alien ship on End Game.

First of all the alien ship start off with a shield that you have to destroy with your Missouri ship, just bring another one of your ships close to the alien ship so it does attack that one instead of the Missouri, then destroy all the little enemy ships with the ship control perks on the Missouri, when there gone use the Missouri to destroy the shield on the alien ship.

In the mean while kill the ground enemies to gain more ship control perks, when the shield is disabled move the Missouri to the attacking spot and use a ship control perk to destroy the alien ship in 1 try!!

PSN ID: mr-jvoorhees

Edited by mrjvoorhees

• 3 weeks later...
So i'm thinking about restarting this level to see if I can stack my Missouri with better weapons and maybe place it closer to the top where the attack position seems like it's always showing up. Maybe that'll help me finish this damn level. :)

use your sub to lower the shield of the mothership. it does the most damage against the shield, when it is positioned just one square directly beside the mothership (5% damage per hit, the other two ship only do 1% damage per hit).

position the mo north of the isle and let it support you against the alien troops.

after the sub has lowered the shield, get the mo in strike-position and use a direct controll-card to bombard the mother ship. after the shield is up again, get the mo back to support-position again (it will just be a few squares back to the island and the mo should get back after a short time).

do this 4 times and the alien ship is down.

get the third ship (the one with the tomcats) to the support-position south of the island, because it does not do any real damage against the shield and is much more useful at supporting you against the alien trooper-waves.

equip the big mo with radar- and leadership-cards. the radar-cards are most important, because at a certain level, you have most of the alien ships in range of the mo (in direct control the mo sinks every alien vessel (besides the mother ship) in one try). use the big mo with direct control and take out the alien vessels with healthpoints 20.000+. the rest can be taken out by the uss reagan, which is pretty effective against the small alien vessels and can sustain a lot of damage before going down.

in the meantime take your time with the alien waves and rush out of cover and collect cards only when you are sure, that there are actually only a small amount of enemies in your surroundings and where their positions are.

a remember always: patience is the key :)

• 1 month later...

then i come to the last checkpoint the boss fight my mo has 58% life left and exaktly then the battel starts there mother ship fire on my mo and even if i tell the sub to get reall close the mother ship to take the hits from it. the mother ship countinus to fire on my mo so then shild is down and i can start fire on it from the location points my mo allways has around 10-15lifes left.. is there any other way to get the mother ship to focus on the sub or the other ship u have so i can compalte whitout haveing to play the level from start agien,,

Im very sorry about the poor and bad writing there but i hope there is someone out there that understand what im asking:)

then i come to the last checkpoint the boss fight my mo has 58% life left and exaktly then the battel starts there mother ship fire on my mo and even if i tell the sub to get reall close the mother ship to take the hits from it. the mother ship countinus to fire on my mo so then shild is down and i can start fire on it from the location points my mo allways has around 10-15lifes left.. is there any other way to get the mother ship to focus on the sub or the other ship u have so i can compalte whitout haveing to play the level from start agien,,

Im very sorry about the poor and bad writing there but i hope there is someone out there that understand what im asking:)

Move the Missouri away.

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant tips in this thread - managed this on the third or fourth attempt so thanks for the help guys. That is definitely the best layout for the ships.

Perhaps I got lucky, but having hoarded a load of direct action cards and an already upgraded MO from earlier in the level I found that I didn't necessarily have to keep killing the waves of aliens. If one or two get stuck behind a rock (a common occurrence) it's possible to hide at the top of the ridge behind the large rock formation, though you obviously still have to watch out for pin bombs etc. That way the dropships won't keep endlessly spawning either.

Finally I found that the MO was taking an absolute pounding even when I followed the instructions above and that was causing my failures. On my first couple of tries I wasted health on the USS Reagan. Don't! That's more than capable of looking after itself so save it all for the MO.

Edited by amplifiedAnt

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@DarkAngel2323, that's the sickest looking profile I've seen yet bro!! Goodshit!! How do I get mine up so everyone can see my progress & my info? I'm a member but for some reason when I post, it only shows my name & nothing else.. But when u guys post, it shows ur PSN profile & trophy progress!! What do I need to do to changeine so I can do that as well? I'm new to this but I'm already Platinum'ing quite a bit of games.. I'd like to have mine up too lol.. Would appreciate any help/advice, thx for ur time!!

Maximussplatter

• 2 months later...
@DarkAngel2323, that's the sickest looking profile I've seen yet bro!! Goodshit!! How do I get mine up so everyone can see my progress & my info? I'm a member but for some reason when I post, it only shows my name & nothing else.. But when u guys post, it shows ur PSN profile & trophy progress!! What do I need to do to changeine so I can do that as well? I'm new to this but I'm already Platinum'ing quite a bit of games.. I'd like to have mine up too lol.. Would appreciate any help/advice, thx for ur time!!

Maximussplatter

Maxi.....there are several sites that offer Trophy cards(PlayFire, PSN Profiles, etc.) that monitor the PSN for trophies, just have to generate a card, get the http address and paste in your signature, you can even put the sig card in a Spoiler tag.

PS3 Trophies has a series of profile maintenance posts with detailed instructions, just search for them on the Forum home page.

Brilliant tips in this thread - managed this on the third or fourth attempt so thanks for the help guys. That is definitely the best layout for the ships.

Perhaps I got lucky, but having hoarded a load of direct action cards and an already upgraded MO from earlier in the level I found that I didn't necessarily have to keep killing the waves of aliens. If one or two get stuck behind a rock (a common occurrence) it's possible to hide at the top of the ridge behind the large rock formation, though you obviously still have to watch out for pin bombs etc. That way the dropships won't keep endlessly spawning either.

Finally I found that the MO was taking an absolute pounding even when I followed the instructions above and that was causing my failures. On my first couple of tries I wasted health on the USS Reagan. Don't! That's more than capable of looking after itself so save it all for the MO.

Curious, you state you wasted health wildcards on the Reagan. That is the only ship in the fleet you can't apply wildcards or control to.....hhmmmm???

• 2 years later...

I platted the game in around 12 hours but at least 2 hours of that time was spent on this final mission. I finally realised that you have to start positioning your ships in preparation of the final battle as soon as the mission starts, do not wait until the final battle has already begun. I assumed that all of your ships would start with full health etc for the final battle but how wrong I was. It also helps if you speed rush the entire mission until you reach the final battle as the quicker you run through it naturally the more health your fleet will have. Crap battle, crap game, glad to be done with it