Platinum Difficulty Rating

Woody

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/plat_30.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.22

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by olsen77

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll give it a four, most of the trophies are relativity easy and they will come naturally. but i did find the last mission a bit annoying on admiral difficulty but it is a fairly easy platinum to obtain and should only take about 10 hours or so.

• 2 weeks later...
gave it a 3, only a few dodgy moments on admiral. and the boring grind to 200 artillery kills, other than that, not to bad.

My thoughts exactly, its a solid 3. Only one part pissed me off, it was was when I had to defend the turret being hacked and I had to fight a Thug without a shotgun. Yeah and you will have to grind artillery and LARD kills which as boring as hell. My total time was about 7 hours.

Í voted with 3. It´s really simple. Just one or two parts that could be a bit annoying on admiral. I think it was the 6th mission. after you got through the tunnel-system and destroy this massive space-tower (i really don't know what i've blown up all the time). this checkpoint really sucked. after blowing up this tower you were faced with the two thugs and those rollin' mines. If you face them alone it's no problem but if they mix up, it's a bit tricky. cause most of the time I was concentrating on the thugs and got blown by the mines. so, that's why I'm going with a 3.

Edited by gulasch96

• 3 weeks later...

Give it a 4/10

Not a bad game, however extremely frustrating on Admiral difficulty thanks to a horrible checkpoint system.

trophies wasnt hard only 'Fish in a Barrel' and 'Rain of Fire' was the boring part.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted a 2. I got the plat in 1-2 days, but i didn't vote 1 cuz i did have to grind the stun(fish in a bucket) for like an hour. i didnt even need to grind artillery kills much. also i died quite a few times, but then again i was running at the enemy or airstriking myself so i only blame myself. this is no world at war, but still gotta play it smart. fun 2 day plat.

also i read the road map and didnt even see any mention of collectibles til i was half-way through the game so i had to do another easy playthrough just rushing and grabbing pegs. so 2 playthroughs in 2 days, still wasnt bad.

i rate it a 3.

compared to other fps its really easy. had some problems with the endbattle but most of them because of my own stupidity.

and during the whole campain i got only two ships sunk and so i had to grind the "down but not out"-trophy and that stupid recovery card just didn't wanted to drop. btw: what use have trophies for playing bad ??? :confused:

Edited by Darkangel2323

Whoever voted a 2-3 on this is out of their effing mind!

There is ABSOLUTELY no way this game is a 3.

If Megamind is a 1 then Hanna Montana is a 2.

If Hanna Montana is a 2 then there's ABSOLUTELY no way this is a 2 or 3.

Does anyone even understand the purpose of this rating system?

This game is DEFINITELY a 4 or a 5. There's no way everyone that voted lower than a 4 just breezed through this game with no difficulty at all.

This game is DEFINITELY a 4 or a 5. There's no way everyone that voted lower than a 4 just breezed through this game with no difficulty at all.

100% Agree with this, however most of the game was easy on admiral difficulty and would be easy for the average gamer. I rated a 5 strictly because of the ending on admiral (took me around 50 tries) and because of the stupid fucking mines placed around every corner. :2walls: Edited by rrichard86

on a scale from 1 to 10 5 is average, agreed ?

imo battleships difficulty is way beyond the average. it is a short game, you get plat in under 10 hours and as described there were only one spot, where i had my problems, so why wouldn't i rate i with a 3 ?:confused:

so yes: there actually IS a way, that this game is a 3, and yes: i breezed through the game (besides the end-battle), and yes: i do understand the purpose of this rating system :cool:

btw: until we have a rating-system that reaches from 1 to 100, let's not compare an easy game with a only slightly more difficult game and rate one of them with a 1 and the other with a 2, ok ? :o

on a scale from 1 to 10 5 is average, agreed ?

imo battleships difficulty is way beyond the average. it is a short game, you get plat in under 10 hours and as described there were only one spot, where i had my problems, so why wouldn't i rate i with a 3 ?:confused:

so yes: there actually IS a way, that this game is a 3, and yes: i breezed through the game (besides the end-battle), and yes: i do understand the purpose of this rating system :cool:

btw: until we have a rating-system that reaches from 1 to 100, let's not compare an easy game with a only slightly more difficult game and rate one of them with a 1 and the other with a 2, ok ? :o

Literally EVERY word in this paragraph makes no sense.

This game is absolutely a 4 or a 5. Why would I not compare this game to other games when rating?

If i'm in the store and I have 3 games (Lets say Hanna Montana, Battleship, and COD-MW2) in my hand that I want to play and I want the easiest platinum. So I see that both Hanna Montana and Battleship are rated the same so I decide on Battleship.

Now those two games are obviously not the same difficulty therefore the rating system has failed to provide the service I come here for.

It absolutely DOES NOT MATTER if you can blow through the whole game in just a few hours if there's a SINGLE part of the game that's hard as shit. That single part that's hard to beat means the game is hard to beat.

If Hanna Montana had a 10,000 kills online trophy like Resistance 2 would that game still be rated so low?

How is this not obvious? The rating system isn't meant to be viewed as a separate thing per title.

I come here to see what games are easier than others on the chance that I just want a fast easy plat.

So lets not comment on things we're not smart enough to understand, OK? :o

Literally EVERY word in this paragraph makes no sense.

This game is absolutely a 4 or a 5. Why would I not compare this game to other games when rating?

If i'm in the store and I have 3 games (Lets say Hanna Montana, Battleship, and COD-MW2) in my hand that I want to play and I want the easiest platinum. So I see that both Hanna Montana and Battleship are rated the same so I decide on Battleship.

Now those two games are obviously not the same difficulty therefore the rating system has failed to provide the service I come here for.

It absolutely DOES NOT MATTER if you can blow through the whole game in just a few hours if there's a SINGLE part of the game that's hard as shit. That single part that's hard to beat means the game is hard to beat.

If Hanna Montana had a 10,000 kills online trophy like Resistance 2 would that game still be rated so low?

How is this not obvious? The rating system isn't meant to be viewed as a separate thing per title.

I come here to see what games are easier than others on the chance that I just want a fast easy plat.

So lets not comment on things we're not smart enough to understand, OK? :o

I understand you're upset and why you are as well. But out of 19 votes so far the average rating is 3.2. The math doesn't lie but maybe some people underrated for whatever reason. I personally think the collected rating is spot on.

I understand you're upset and why you are as well. But out of 19 votes so far the average rating is 3.2. The math doesn't lie but maybe some people underrated for whatever reason. I personally think the collected rating is spot on.

haha. I'm not upset. I just felt what's his face was being condescending...

I would give the game a 3 or so up until the last mission, but this mission is too hard for me to give it a 3. I've tried it more than 20 times and still haven't beat it. Maybe i'm doing it wrong...

Based on this mission, which must be beat for the plat, i'd give the game a 4 or a 5.

I just keep having so many issues with this last level. I haven't voted yet i'll reserve that for when I get my plat.

I would give the game a 3 or so up until the last mission, but this mission is too hard for me to give it a 3. I've tried it more than 20 times and still haven't beat it.

thats exactly the point: for you this mission is too hard.

for me it wasn't that hard at all. i needed a few tries, but as described in my rating-post it was because of my own impatientness und stupidity and not because the level is that hard. after i postioned my ships in the right place and took my time with the alien-waves it actually was a piece of cake.

so for me there where only one place in the game, where i had to take a little more sweat into, and thats why its a 3 for me. if your complaining, that you don't agree with my quote or most of the other 2- or 3-ratings, then just read all the posts concerning the difficulty of the game and build your opinion about the game on all posts and not just on some of them or the average rating-figure.

in this forum everyone quotes on his own experience with the game and not on how a game maybe could be rated by other players or the majority.

and speaking of the majority: so far 13 out of 19 users have rated this game a 2 or 3 (and i bet there will be a lot of 2/3-ratings in the future), so think about that there may be a chance, that this game really is simple at all and that your are just an unlucky part of the minority, that has some greater problems with it. :think:

thats exactly the point: for you this mission is too hard.

for me it wasn't that hard at all. i needed a few tries, but as described in my rating-post it was because of my own impatientness und stupidity and not because the level is that hard. after i postioned my ships in the right place and took my time with the alien-waves it actually was a piece of cake.

so for me there where only one place in the game, where i had to take a little more sweat into, and thats why its a 3 for me. if your complaining, that you don't agree with my quote or most of the other 2- or 3-ratings, then just read all the posts concerning the difficulty of the game and build your opinion about the game on all posts and not just on some of them or the average rating-figure.

in this forum everyone quotes on his own experience with the game and not on how a game maybe could be rated by other players or the majority.

and speaking of the majority: so far 13 out of 19 users have rated this game a 2 or 3 (and i bet there will be a lot of 2/3-ratings in the future), so think about that there may be a chance, that this game really is simple at all and that your are just an unlucky part of the minority, that has some greater problems with it. :think:

Perhaps. I'm taking a break to play The Penguins of Madagascar: Dr. Blowhole Returns... lol. I'll come back to this effing game after this plat and try to finish this last level. I think I may need to restart the level and reposition my ships. I just can't remember if I have that option or not. I don't want to restart for nothing.

voted 6 but i think its a 5.5.....the hardest difficulty was a real bitch in like 3 spots...specially the end battle. None of the other trophies are too hard but the sheer difficulty factor makes it a 5 min 5.5 max....i liked this game alot...specially the switch between FPS and Battleship mode, cool concept