General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 1 month later...

So here are a few trophies I figured to be worth a little explaining. This info can be used for a proper trophy guide as long as I get a mention for it. I bought the game yesterday at a local media outlet.

Difficulty: start on Admiral (hardcore). It’s not that difficult at all (especially if you’ve played COD on hardened or veteran). Just remember to use cover wisely and don’t rush 2+ enemies.

Quick Draw. From the moment the game starts hang onto the pistol. Just use it on every enemy you come across. Should pop around the end of chapter 1.

Brought a Knife to a Gun Fight? Best chapter is 3. This is the first chapter featuring a thug, and about the only part where you’ll face just one. Hang on to your pistol until after the bunker clearing section at the start. After this you will come across a small valley with a crashed b52. Here you will be shown a signature new enemy type cutscene. Switch to your pistol, dodge his charges and punches and unload about 2 clips in him.

Extra credit. Chapter 4. After defending the 3 ammo depots, you will have to destroy the 4 remaining enemy ships. A dropship will fly in dropping 3 enemies. Zoom in at the spot where the enemies will land and charge your railgun. When the three of them hit the ground unleash your charged shot and due to the area effect you should kill all three of them with one shot.

Naval Mastery. Chapter 3 Overrun. When playing through the chapter you will notice a red circle on the ‘battle command’ blocking access to the third support point. When completing the objective move all three ships on the support points and the trophy will pop.

Bombs Away! Chapter 2. When defending the weather satellite on the main platform right from the objective there will land a group of 5+ enemies. Be sure to put the USS John Quincy Adams on the support point to use the 2 missiles. Use the strike putting both strike markers a few meters apart. With the power and area effect of the strike this should take out all the enemies on the platform.

Officer of the Deck. When downing enemies there is a chance they will drop so called wild cards. Blue cards are upgrades to the ships and yellow ones are on time bonuses, repair or in this case ship control. If a ship is within 2 blocks of an enemy ship you can use ship control. This will shift the action to a third person perspective behind a ship, in wich you can fire upon an enemy ship with L1, R1 and (depending on size of the controlled ship) R2. This is pretty cool to do so destroying 40 ships will come naturally.

I’ve played till half of chapter 4 in about 3 hours, whilst also following game360tv’s video peg guide. So I don’t reckon this to be a pretty difficult game. I do enjoy my time with this one, especially the ship warfare is something fun to do.

Edited by Otaku51
Typo's

i got the platinum for this game over the weekend.

it really only takes a couple of hours to finish all chapters on Hardcore and then i'd say a few more just to go over the levels again incase you missed stuff and to do the weapon/ship/support trophies.

Hardcore isnt hard at all, unless youre ganged up on or dont take cover, then it gets get a bit messy. but theres nowhere where you'd die over and over. i actually died more on Easy, theres not much difference in difficulties.

the longest trophy is probably 200 artillery support kills, just because youre already trying to get kills in other ways over the game. but you can farm it and some other trophies in the final battle anyway. not sure if missile support attacks counted either.

'killing 40 enemies that are stunned by the LRAD' was odd as im not sure if it meant enemies that were just shooting the device (technically id say that was 'stunned'), or ones which were stunned when it actually lands (which would take abit longer).

fully outfitting a boat with all Wild Cards is best done on a smaller ship, obviously. but can be done on the biggest too.

For the (stupid) Farm Achievement "Rain of Fire" i have a Video. (x360 Version)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggTdSVUqnvg]Battleship - Rain of Fire - Feuerregen - Fastest Way Achievement Guide - HD - YouTube[/ame]

At the same Place you can farm the LRAD Kills, change the Submarine in 1 of 2 Support Blocks.

Regards

Hi, 'killing 40 enemies that are stunned by the LRAD' - can you help with this? How to stun enemies?

Edit: got it in the meantime. Used submarine to stun enemies & then killed in the mission 4.

Edited by andre van