Worst Gun in the Vietnam DLC?

Xerios

Which is the worst gun in the DLC?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the worst gun in the DLC?

• Assault: M16A1
    • Assault: M14
    • Engineer: Mac10
    • Engineer: Uzi
    • Medic: RPK
    • Medic: XM22
    • Recon: M21
    • Recon: M40
    • Recon: SVD
    • Other: PPsH, M60, AK47

Vote..

im voting for the SVD... i hate the crosshair, and 3 shots to kill someone with magnum ammo is absurd... the M21 is almost as bad.. the M40 is my baby in the Sniper class though.

Edit

Since you can only have 10 options (Fail ps3t.org) in a poll, i took the 3 better guns of different classes and lopped them into 1 vote, if you vote in that category just post which one you're voting for

Edited by Xerios

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for the M21 only because I have less kills with it than the SVD. But I'm not going to sugarcoat it, they are both total crap. More times than not when I am trying to get some kills with them for the trophies I just end up pulling out my handgun out of frustration.

I hate the SVD with a passion. Everywhere i look/listen everyone is all SVD>M21. Obviously they both suck, but the SVD has a small tunneled scope (IMHO) cluttered with to many measures, especially since bullet drop isnt a heavy factor in Vietnam, which screws up my shots. At least the M21 is good enough to have an open sight, and is literally the m14 from the base game, M21 = m14 fitted w/scope and match grade ammo.

Also, in terms of LMG's, i never understood the love of the m60, it fires slow, has a hell of an annoying recoil, and personally (from a personal stance) is just plain ugly

M60 < XM22 < RPK

On Bigger Maps (Phu Bai/Hastings): M60 < RPK < XM22

I seem to have one major problem in this game. I can't aim. When I hit an enemy, chances are I'll be hitting their feet instead of their head. Therefore, I always favour the guns with the most damage. To this rule, there's only one real exception, - yes, that's the SVD. I agree that is has way, way too little damage, but used agressively it can be real good - as long as there aren't any top M40 snipers on the other team. (And yeah, guess there always are).

On topic: I go for the Mac10. At first I kinda enjoyed this one, but after a while - things changed big time. It's nice in close combat, almost as good as any assault rifle, but oh boy, for long distances it just sucks. I have a horrible KPM with it, even though I still have a decent accuracy. Then there's the XM22. It seems just as bad as the G3 in BC2, but I haven't really used the XM22 that much yet, and I doubt it's more useless than the Mac10.

for me its a toss up between the m60 bad sight and the ak47 for some reson i had a hard time killing with it all my guns took about 2 hrs to gold star ex the snipers m40 1 hr svu/m21 1hr 25 but the ak was 2 hrs 45. the thing with the sniper hs are 1 hit kills and i get the about 80%of the time

Btw Xerios, surely the M60 doesn't beat the XM22?

the XM22 has power, but the recoil PLUS the crosshair how it bridges across the top means i cant see through it.. it was just hard for me.. i hated the m60 in the original game while everyone else uses it as an auto sniper almost lol

gold starred the M21.. all i have left is the SVD then i can submit the 2 trophy tiles to PS3T lol

I would definitely say recon sucks. nothing really useful except tnt+. None of the sniper rifles are that useful. The svd and m21 are pretty much medium range sniper rifles. The M40 is like the base sniper rifle for recon in bfbc2. But you guys should already know Battlefield BC2 and Vietnam are not sniper friendly since "camping" is not that useful...

may aswell pick what i think is the worst gun from each kit

Assault - M16 - Sure, it's better than it is in the main game, but i think it has terrible stopping power and can't see through the sights very well.

Engineer - M10 - Crap range, crap accuracy, crap power, just can't stand it, managed to get the gold star for it (eventually)

Medic - M60 - Fires way too slow for my liking, and the recoil is quite high, just not as good as the RPKand the XM22.

Recon - SVD - Yep you guessed it, i just hate this weapon, the scope is terrible, the recoil is just massive, i struggle to hit people right up close, i prefer the M21.

may aswell pick what i think is the worst gun from each kit

Assault - M16 - Sure, it's better than it is in the main game, but i think it has terrible stopping power and can't see through the sights very well.

Engineer - M10 - Crap range, crap accuracy, crap power, just can't stand it, managed to get the gold star for it (eventually)

Medic - M60 - Fires way too slow for my liking, and the recoil is quite high, just not as good as the RPKand the XM22.

Recon - SVD - Yep you guessed it, i just hate this weapon, the scope is terrible, the recoil is just massive, i struggle to hit people right up close, i prefer the M21.

Lol M14 is worse and M16 is outstanding in main game (Exellent fire rate & accuracy and damage is ok if you use magnum ammo and know how to pull R1 fast)

I would say overall at this point the M21 is my least favorite, I'm just not a big fan of the scope. Though, I'm sure I'll get used to it when I spend more time with it. But since I have been going through and trying to get 100 kills with each gun, I realized I have to alter my play style with each weapon within a kit. The M14 is my least favorite for assault as the clip size is horrendous. M10 would be my least favorite for engineers, don't bother going for kills over 10 feet away the accuracy sucks on this. I would say the M60 for medics just because of the fire rate and I don't like the sights.

• 2 weeks later...
I havent used them all yet, but I cant kill shit with the M60 so that would get my initial vote. I'm gonna play for a couple hours after watching Cheers. I'll go through all the guns and then give my vote afterwards. I am dreading the SVD though.

Afterr putting about 20 hours in Vietnam I've got to agree with a lot of people and say the SVD is the worst gun. The crosshair is hard to see against dark backdrops and the recoil is insane.

SVD gets my vote.