XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > B (PS3) > Battlefield: Bad Company

Old 10-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Unable to connect online - Please Read

Okay I know I'm late on the bandwagon for this game but I have been busy with RL and also trying to platinum other games, I would like to get Platinum on this before if any closures of the servers I've been reading about..

Here's my Dilemma...

I am unable to connect to 'any' online games.

I select Multiplayer -> Quick Match -> Ranked Quick Match

I get the following message(s)

Searching for games please stand by -> Please wait Joining Game -> The game appears to be unavailable ->

My network is set to NAT type 2, Unpn is disabled and I have my PS3 in a DMZ and I have also port forwarded all the specific ports for this game just for the sake of it because I was couldn't think of anything else.

I have also had other people try to invite me into the game with no success on my end yet they can play no problems (Go Figure), I don't have any issues with online play with any other game or connecting to anyone else for that matter, this is the ONLY game I am unable to play online.

Would like to get platinum on this before I miss out on a great game, so any helpful suggestions or assistance will be apreciated.

Cheers.

tewdric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Have you tried reducing the number of friends on your list? I used to have a similar problem as yours until I found out that the number of friends on your list affects your chances of joining a game.
Abuebao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuebao View Post
Have you tried reducing the number of friends on your list? I used to have a similar problem as yours until I found out that the number of friends on your list affects your chances of joining a game.

I'll try this and see what happens, I can't understand how reducing people on my friends list affects me trying to join any game period as I've never played online as yet ever...

Old 10-30-2010, 05:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

I removed a tone of friends but this made no difference to me trying to connect online

Old 10-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   The Silver Lining   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Word of Mouth - Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Rockets Must Have Died   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Submission   Bright Idea!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

It happens some times I don't know if it will help but don't go via quick match but via custom match if you can't get a match try a bit later
ZOLANTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOLANTON View Post
It happens some times I don't know if it will help but don't go via quick match but via custom match if you can't get a match try a bit later

I tried going via custom match too but the same thing but I guess I will keep trying

Old 10-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Tried the above mentioned several times now but alas no go... I really didn't think it would make much difference, I've also posted on the ea forums about this... It's got me baffled as to why this is the only game I can't play online all other EA games I own are absolutely fine.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:57 AM   #8 (permalink)

Okay good news guys, I can now finally get online... I feel like an idiot now but I am sure you will all appreciate why.

Because I have no other issues with connecting online to any other game or connecting to other people in a game because my NAT is setup correctly, Today I decided to disable my modem/routers firewall and the second I did now I can now play online... it's really strange that this game is very specific to not having a firewall to play online yet any other game will tolerate this?

Just wanted to mention this in case anyone else has the same issue.

Happy days!

Old 10-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Contribute View Post
Just saw this thread. As mentioned, you need to lower your firewall settings; however, you do not need to disable them completely.

I still don't understand why this is only game that I've come across so far that I have to do this for, any other game I can get online with.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewdric View Post
I still don't understand why this is only game that I've come across so far that I have to do this for, any other game I can get online with.
I don't think it's the firewall btw!
I had this problem tons of time, anoying little pest it is!
for me the best solution was to re-booth your router.
thats pretty much resets the problem (might have to do it twice to work)
but as an faster fix try logging out (without quiting the game) and logging back in. try it like 3 times, if that doesn't work re-booth your router

and yeah, a firewall has to be pretty intence to block this out, I doubt using the internet on your PC intencely is posseble than... (I got an good mix, so I can do whatever I want, and block out as much as posseble and than have another program search and delete whatever gets trough...)

Donkey-er is offline   Reply With Quote