Servers gone?

I was doing some nosing around on PSNP after hearing a rumour that the servers for this game weren't working but it looks like EA/Dice may have sunk to a new low and turned them off without warning: "No Games Available ATM" - Battlefield: Bad Company - PSNProfiles Forums

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

I was doing some nosing around on PSNP after hearing a rumour that the servers for this game weren't working but it looks like EA/Dice may have sunk to a new low and turned them off without warning: "No Games Available ATM" - Battlefield: Bad Company - PSNProfiles Forums

Wouldn't surprise me. Funny enough I was going to get back into this game and try to finish it off considering it's about 7 years old.

Same for me, produces that message.

EA seem to be giving people the cold shoulder on the forums too.

I'm hoping it just down for a short time Potent. That was one I was going back to.

It seems odd that they would fix the Catch the Bad Moment Trophy then shut em down, odd, very odd indeed.

Did get this one done luckily before.

Edit: Just tried to log on again and no luck. Please let us know if/when they come back up.

Edited by kfree7

Customer support seems to be purposefully ignoring questions regarding this game. Have been several instances where a user asked something about this and something about another more recent game like Madden and they only reply to the Madden enquiry. Like OP stated, this would be a new all time low to shut it down with no warning.

Still up for Xbox which is good news I guess. It it comes back up, this scare really should push all of us to finally finish this game that has been in everyone's backlog for years :p who's with me?

Edited by Platt

Some EA representative actually replied on one of BFBC threads on their forums, saying the following F***ed up BS:

"Battlefield Bad Company 1 Termination Announced last fall. Gamespy withdrew, and BF BC was supposed to have closed in June of 2014, having been on borrowed time more than a year"

He also gave a link to this article that actually doesn`t have any mentioning of BFBC1 servers closure. *What a surprise*

Cant stop wondering of how ignorant EA is -____-

It would be great if you guys help us to wrap their heads around of what is right to do in such situations. Here is that forum thread: link

But why would they bother bringing back the picture server if the game was on "borrowed time"? Makes absolutely no sense. Something about this whole thing doesn't sit right with me. I think they meant to shut down the servers for the two battlefield games mentioned on the EA site (both PC I think) and somebody thought "oh yeah while we're here lets just shut this other BF game down too, nobody will notice"

New info!!!

Looks like EA will not look into this issue until at least 40 people sign under it. So all we must do is just press "Me too' button under the first post in this thread

Apparently that "Catch the Bad moment" trophy was fixed exactly the same way after our french community created similar thread on EA forums and asked for support across different web-sites (http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/battlefield-bad-company/260406-trophy-catch-bad-moment.html example) and got over 35 people signing under it just before EA fixed the issue.

So guys, the situation is not hopeless. Lets storm that "Me too'' button:)

Also guys, it will not do any harm if you ask them briefly about the problem on EA Support twitter

Edited by item112z

Lmao!!!Then why is he posting that crap...?Is he trying to troll?

He's probably severely misunderstood. The game wasn't even on Gamespy.

New info!!!

Looks like EA will not look into this issue until at least 40 people sign under it. So all we must do is just press "Me too' button under the first post in this thread

Apparently that "Catch the Bad moment" trophy was fixed exactly the same way after our french community created similar thread on EA forums and asked for support across different web-sites (http://www.playstati...bad-moment.html example) and got over 35 people signing under it just before EA fixed the issue.

So guys, the situation is not hopeless. Lets storm that "Me too'' button:)

Also guys, it will not do any harm if you ask them briefly about the problem on EA Support twitter

Sounds like bullshit to me. MADDEN didn't get 40 "me too"s yet they responded. Also...the photo trophy was fixed due to myself and another user who is actually American talking to developers about it, not a french guy getting 40 me too's.

If it does somehow work....we'll have to make a post about Army Of Two masks and get loads of people to "me too" it.

Well, you will never know until you try it. That "French thread" was also created right before the trophy fix. EA is just checking how many people are still intrested in the 7 year old game till they make the final decision i guess. Nothing odd about it

Edited by item112z

I wouldn't worry. This already happened before with the servers, it's probably just maintenance.

Looks like EA will not look into this issue until at least 40 people sign under it. So all we must do is just press "Me too' button

Yeah? Who told you that huh? Send this post to 40 friends tonight or a ghost will come and kill you and your dog.... sound like Myspace all over again.

Edited by DarkByke

Yeah? Who told you that huh? Send this post to 40 friends tonight or a ghost will come and kill you and your dog.... sound like Myspace all over again.

My friend received this statement from EA. There is no reason for me to not trust him.

You wanna get your servers back, show some support. Its pure logic. Knowing that something like that happend just before ''Catch the 'Bad' Moment" fix also says something.

No need to be difficult mate. Thats not something that requires a lot of effort to do. Try it and we will see what happens

Edited by item112z