"Demolition Man" Trophy Information Guide

Alright, due to the fact that there has been a lot of posts about different tips and ways to get this trophy, I have gotten Funkyweed's permission to create a thread to combine all of them. If you have any other tips you'd like to add to this list, please PM me and I'll make sure to add it to the list and give credit.

Thanks. :)

NOTE: No, this trophy CANNOT be attained in a private match.

Okay, lets start.

First you need 8 people, all to have to be on Battlefield Bad Company 2 and to be in the Text Chat

4 People (with headsets) will set up a squad ready to find a game. The other 4 will add one of the 4 in the squad (for example the leader of the squad) then highlight his name in the 'Play with Friends' section

The Squad of 4 will find a game of Squad Rush. Now, if the opposing team is full, this is what the squad have to do:

If Attackers, camp in spawn base

If Defenders, just let the Attackers blow up both MCOMS

While this is going on, one player from the squad will be in the text chat, while another player will watch the scorecard. If a player leaves from the Opp Team, the person in text chat will notify you to join quick. You repeat the above step till you have all 8 in the match

Once all 8 are in, you decide who is to go first on each team, as you have to do it like this:

Only the Attacking Team is to get the Demo kills, as the Defending team has unlimited respawn tickets.

Also, only the person on the attacking team who is getting the Demo kills is permitted to carry explosives, (C4, RPG's, whatever), no one else. NO ONE IS TO ASSIST IN BLOWING UP BUILDINGS

Also the only weapon you can use is the Tracer Gun (if you have one). I know everyone has an urge to kill someone or just shoot them for fun but this can lead to complications. Since the Tracer Gun can't kill it is acceptible, and it nets you extra points too.

I urge people not to leave after getting their trophy, please stick around and help others get theirs. The whole point in boosting is to help each person get what they want, even if that means stayting for an extra 2 hours or so

-LAClennell

Have 1 person who pre-ordered and received squad rush create a squad and invite 3 ppl. As soon as he starts a game of squad rush, have 3 others join him to fill out a room. If someone is in the room, see if he will help, or ask him to leave. If he will not, start again.

Once you get the room, it is trophy guaranteed. Continue to take turns. Everyone be assualt with ammo refill and use 40 mm to take down houses.

-joab777

Best way to have a demolition 2.0 kill with each thing you can use:

UAV: you will need fast recharge and explosive V2. Just shoot Hellfire rockets, keep moving for avoid snipers or other shots and shot everyone you see with minigun ( pressing R2 )

Helicopter minigun: i recommend to don't use that until the pilot is good and fly slow. Shoot with minigun at houses, is alot hard and need some luck too.

Tank: you will need fast recharge and explosive V2. Stay away from the war territory, stay in a covered position for avoid mortars, or keep moving. Shoot with rockets, is better if a friend help you and shot with the tank minigun.

RPG: this is probably impossible to do, but if you aregood with RPG, read that. You need explosive V2 and explosive +. Stay in a covered position and shoot to houses, is better if someone give you an ammo box.

Mortar: those are the best for do that. Explosive V2 needed. Stay away from enemies! Go in rush mode and use mortar for destroy houses. Try to shot near walls, so you can easily destroy the houses.

-Lenigola

I recommend the house with the first Bravo M-com station in Nelson Bay, and the first Alpha M-com in Arica Harbour.

Be patient, don't get too annoyed when someone steals demo kills from you or your team destroys the M-com too quickly. If there are no other opportunities and you failed on the only realistic target, quit and find a new game.

C4: lots of skills required. Explosive V2 and explosive + needed. Plant in strategic point of an house. Recommended a map without tanks. When you see someone in the house, press R1 with C4 and you will destroy it.

-Catcas93

Requirements:

1) You must be assault or recon.

2) You must use C4 and this extras (Improved Demolitions and Explosives Leg Pouch)

3) You must play in Squad deathmatch and the map Arica Harbor.

Instructions:

1) The first thing to know is that this map is full of houses and also the majority of players are snipers. The houses of this map are small and can be demolished with only 5 C4, almost all are also upstairs.

2) Like most players who play this map are snipers, they almost always go up to the second floor to kill other players, that is where this trick comes.

3) Most of the snipers neglects his back, then it is conducive to plant the C4 in the first flood and make it explode.

Process:

1) You start the game, and going house to house looking for if anyone on the second floor. When someone is on the second floor, do not realize if someone comes down the stairs.

2) If you find someone on the second floor and did not see you, then lower the first floor and plant the C4, you need 5 C4 in the four corners of the house and 1 near the stairs.

3) Plant the C4 and leave the house and do exploit. You will have Demolition 2.0 kill

4) How you spent 5 C4 if you'd have to kill yourself if you are recon or reload if you are assault.

5) Then you go to another house and keep looking.

-factor747

-play White pass

-Play as sniper or assult (don't use a rifle) and equip C4, extra demo and improved explosive specs

-At start of map HAUL ASS to flag B. Use 5 C4 in the house that is right on the flag. Put 1 charge in each corner and last under the stairs. then go hide.

-Use the motion sensor to help locate the enemy. Once you have 1 or 2 on the 2nd/3rd floor pop the charges. the house will come down and S P L A T!

-Other building to use in White pass are 2 story house just across from flag B, The barn & house at flag C.

-best to use the 3 2 story houses due to the fact 5 charges will drop it and it's a bitch for the prey to get out from the 2nd/3rd floors.

-Dragonwraith

kira]1.) Join a Rush Mode on the map "Isla Inocentes"

2.) Wait for your turn to be attackers.

3.) Destroy first base

4.) On second base, hop in a Helicopter with a Squad Mate, make sure your the gunner.

5.) Blow down every houses walls on the second base.

This works for me perfectly. One time had 4 kills in a single building. Everytime I play, I get atleast 1 kill. Also, you get points for destroying "A". :)

-[PS3T]kira

1.) Join up in a text chat with whoever you are boosting with. You'll be doing a lot of communicating.

2.) Join into a match of "Squad Deathmatch" on either Arica Harbor, or White Pass by yourself. and have your partner do the same. Those two maps have the most abundant amount of buildings by far in the SDM playlist.

3.) Once you or your partner(s) finds a game where your squad is full (4/4 players), invite the person(s) you are boosting with to the game as long as their is enough room in the server for them to be invited (16 is the max number for SDM, so 4 full squads of 4 is a full server). They will automatically be placed into the enemy teams after joining.

4.) Have everyone select the *ASSAULT CLASS AND WIELD SHOTGUNS*, which will cause the Assault to equip C4 by default. By doing this you'll be able to resupply your C4, and not have to continuously suicide/die like the Recon. Also have your boost partner(s) wield pistols (M1911 is the best in the game), that will make it slightly easier to tell who is friendly and who is not. Furthermore if you constantly are jumping you'll know who NOT to shoot, and vise versa. If you have upgraded explosives ammo and/or damage, select it in your spec because it will make this a hell of a lot easier.

5.) Find a smaller sized building (until you run out of them), and have your boost partner(s) navigate their way there. The best way to navigate is to press and simply say where you are. I suggest doing buildings in the corners, so you can say "Bottom left corner, small orange house", and then work your way out from that waypoint.

6.) In order to drop the building you will have to drop all of the bottom floor walls. Place C4 on all of the interior walls, because it will do more damage when it detonates. Some buildings are unique and you have to do mild damage to the upper floors, as well as taking out all of the bottom floors. Those are few and far between but just be prepared for them.

7.) Make sure your boost partner is near enough to run into the building before it collapses, but far enough away so that the initial blast won't kill either of you.

8.) If the building doesn't collapse and you're out of ammo, have you and your boost partner(s) hide somewhere far out of view until you can replenish your C4 to full with a supply crate.

9.) Repeat above steps until you are no longer able to collapse the building on your boost partner without getting the "You committed suicide" message. After you get that it means you need to go to another room/map, because you won't be able to collapse anymore buildings on them. This should happen after 4 or 5.

-F8L Fool

Edited by kirapwns

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using this method in the space of 3 or 4 matches I got 7 Destruction 2.0 kills.

Kit:

Recon

A sniper

Mortar Strike

Improved explosives

Mode:

Squad deathmatch

Arica Harbour

Method:

1. Join a match

2. Run into a building with a good view

3. Now start damaging the buildings with a couple of mortar strikes

4. From here it should be damaged enough that the buildings should go down with one mortar strike

5. As soon as you see any activity through your sniper scope unleash a mortar strike.

6. This should get you at least Destruction 2.0 kill

7. The chances are you will get more than one kill, because the other team may do a squad spawn on the person your targeting.

8. If there is no activity you may want to try randomly destroying buildings

9. Be patient

10. Good luck!

-manga13

(Too short of characters apparently. O.o)

Edited by kirapwns

i fin this trophy not so hard :p

Here is a tip : Play Rush, MAP: Nelson Bay, Be a Defender, Kit Assult ( C4 )

Go to the left house in the beginning( Alpha i think) And that house is not strong, you need only to have do place 4 C4, for , behind , right, left.

if u gonne blow it up the house drops in.:confused: NOT GOOD!:mad:

First do one c4 for one c4 right blow it up, wait to people come in or if objective bravo is under fire, than trow the other c4 to left and behind the house , Blow it up the house drops in you got demilition kills abot 2-6 :applause: ( Sorry for Bad English )

kira;662531']@Dragon & goe: Do you want me to add that to OP or what...? Because if so' date=' you techincally didn't follow the rules in the OP. -_-[/quote']

Sent a PM with my tip. Sorry but for some reasonm my DSI didn't show the top 1/2 of the page and post.

Just finished getting it. All I can say is even with us owning both teams on squad rush it still took a while for everyone to get it. Don't even bother trying to boost this on other modes, it'll just take 200 years and you'll end up frustrated. Get 8 people together and do the Squad Rush method.

EDIT: Also, I recommend going into it knowing how to destroy buildings quickly and knowing what you're going to do. We lost a lot of time to people blowing up the wrong buildings, accidentally stealing others collapses by putting C4 on the buildings after being told not to, putting C4 on the floor and internal walls instead of exterior walls... that wasted a LOT of time.

Know what the heck you're doing before trying to boost the trophy.

Basically: Assault + Shotgun + C4 + Extra demo charges + extra explosive damage.

Edited by CaptFrost

The snowy level on squad DM worked for me. Get a fast shotgun, some C4 and blow up everything you see:D. Arica is too frustrating. Everyone is on some mountain, too bad you cant blow up that too. Would recommend doing it this way. Had some real fun seeing people trying to jump out but most of em were too late. Another tip: Plant the C4 low on the walls. I killed alot of people on the floor above.

Thanks for this helpful thread. I tried several methods to get the trophy without boosting and I would recommand doing this in Nelson Bay with recon (as an attacker). I used mortar strikes (with improved explosions) on the first 2 Mcom and it worked well.

But it's all about luck: I could play 5 rounds without making demo kills, and do 8 demo kills in one round.

What I currently do is this.

1) When I'm playing SOLO, I choose Isla Inocentes Squad DM. If the glitched building is still intact, I try to lure people into it by going inside and shoot with "I'm here!" attitude, then I go at the back and demolish the house. Then I leave the room and search for a new one

2) When I play with a friend of mine, we get to the same map and mode as opponents and I stay in the glitched building and my friend shoots it down and then we quit or maybe try some houses with bricks that fall easily, if there aren't many squads. Otherwise we quit and search again.

Currently i have 15 kills, and hoping to get them all today