Demolition 2.0 - easiest way

skroq

Hello,

Not sure if I should write this message in another thread but I'd like to post few tips I wish I knew before I was going for demolition kills. I know that everyone has his / her own method that they claim is the best. All i want is to tell you method I used that got me 16 demo kills in 3-4 hours time. True story :)

Warning: using this method is not fair to other team mates since while on defenders team you will be destroying your M-Coms. So you may hear some bad words towards you. But if you want to play fair, it's possible too.

1. Do not go for this trophy until you have unlocked explosives mk2(lvl 17), it will only make you waste too much time trying to do this, while you should be playing normally getting XP to advance to 22nd lvl. Let me repeat you need to be level 17 to avoid any frustration.

2. I had to buy additional map pack (Cold War - Rush is what you need).

3. [Dark side] Defenders, in this map there are two M-Coms that are placed on the 2nd floor of building. At the beginning of the game run fast and place C4 on the ground floor of the building (I used Recon, C4, Improved explosives, ExMk2). Perfect C4 placement is shown here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AFzWFoITnM]Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Demolition Man Achievement (EASY way) - YouTube[/ame]

House layout is the same, so use this method on Cold War map.

4. Once 6 x C4 has been planted run to the back of the map, where your opponent doesn't have access and observe M-Com you just sabotaged. The moment you hear that the other team planted C4 press R1 and .... Demolition 2.0 is yours. Usually you get 1-2 kills. M-Com destroyed because house collapsed mute your Tv not to hear people calling you *bleep*.

For the people that want to get it fair and square be on attackers team, sneak past the enemy lines and do the same. Use recon motion mine spotting to see if you are in the clear.

I hope it helps to get this annoying trophy. Now all I need for plat is to reach 22lvl.

Skroq

Edited by skroq

• 2 weeks later...

I just ran around sqd deathmatch on arica harbor and waited till i saw people enter the house I had rigged. Took a while, but I eventually got all the needed kills and without having to sabotage my own team.

Also, there's an entire thread about this method and a couple others.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/battlefield-bad-company-2/89332-demolition-man-tips-non-boosting.html

• 4 weeks later...

Why the hell can't I get this stupid trophy ?! I swear I already did it almost 20 times , some with boosting , and some legit , but only 5 of them counted for the trophy , because on the other times , instead of getting a 2.0 Kill , I get "Player xx comited suicide" ! This is the only trophy I need before platinum , and I'm desperate because of this stupid glitch !!! :@

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!! Will give this a try. Was about to smash my controller over this one, it's the only one before platinum too! I have the worst luck. Even if I randomly fall of a cliff, it gives other kids demoltion 2.0 kills!!!! Why can't that ever happen to me?

Or I'll go a whole game blowing up a house with C4/mortar, only to have one kid randomly run by and place the last C4 and get a house kill of 4....

Beyond rage.

Wow, I got this trophy nearly 2 years ago yet it feels like just yesterday. The method I used was to pick assault class with extra C4s, plant them all over the bottom floor of those houses where you can go up in the attic. When you're in the attic, shoot out the windows to get the enemies attention. As soon as you see their heads coming up from the ladder, detonate your C4.

The house will collapse and you'll suicide but you'll also kill any enemies in there too. My K/D ratio plummeted but I got 20 kills within 4-5 hours.

• 2 years later...

Found it easier and faster blowing down a house and hope the stranger inside stays for the kill. rather than trying to boost with friends which yielded me only one Demolition 2.0 kill maybe I went about it wrong but hey worked for me. For those still trying to get it Squad deathmatch on white pass worked for me bunch of houses remember to use improved explosives and extra explosives helps a bunch