Battlefield 4 'Appreciation Month' (Pistol & 'Nade shortcuts) + More.

SupraGaz

To thank you for your dedication and support, I’d like to announce the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month. Starting on Saturday, February 1, DICE is saying THANK YOU to all players by hosting a month filled with fun community missions and daily giveaways that you get just for jumping into a match.

We appreciate all of the great feedback you continue to provide about all aspects of Battlefield 4. We take this very seriously, and hearing directly from you has helped to make the experience better. The latest information on our game updates can always be found in the BF4 Control Room, including a few new additions that I’m pleased to say are coming soon. First, we are further improving a number of items commonly referred to as “netcode”. This will tighten the overall multiplayer experience, and we will be able to share these items with you in detail soon. In February, we’re also re-introducing the fan favorite feature Platoons in its first iteration. In this added social layer, you can team up with your friends to create your own social space and accumulate stats together. We’re also working on other feature additions that you’ve been asking for – stay tuned for more.

Now, let me walk you through some of the initiatives that we will be launching during Player Appreciation Month. We will have more announcements to make in the upcoming weeks, but below are some of the highlights.

BF4 Battlepacks

A Battlepack a Day

Every day that you log into the game in February, you’ll receive a Bronze or Silver Battlepack. For those of you who haven’t started opening your earned packs yet, these Battlepacks contain bonuses like XP Boosts and soldier camos. Normally, it would take approximately 30 hours gameplay to earn that many packs. Every day that you log a multiplayer game during the month of February, you will receive a new Battlepack. During weekdays, these will be Bronze, and during Saturdays and Sundays we will give away Silver Battlepacks. Remember to activate your earned XP boosts in the in-game menu to accelerate your progress.

Shortcuts

We are preparing two shortcut bundles for Battlefield 4 that we will make available for download at no cost during the Player Appreciation Month. These voluntary shortcut bundles will unlock all grenades and handguns for Battlefield 4 (the base game) so you can make up for lost time. Or if you’re new to the game, they will help you catch up with players who have been on the Battlefield since launch. We will get back to you with more details once we have set release dates for these items.

For all of our Battlefield 4 Premium users, we’re adding two additional weapon shortcuts, unlocking DMR’s and shotguns. That way, if you like, you can quickly get your hands on a large portion of the weapons available in Battlefield 4.

Double XP Weekend

During the Player Appreciation Month, we’ll be running a double XP weekend for all players. If you’re one of our many Battlefield 4 Premium members, you’ll also get an additional double XP weekend during the Player Appreciation Month as an added bonus.

Community Missions

You will be able to participate in global DICE Community Missions where you will work together to unlock Gold Battlepacks. During the first of these Community-wide challenges, we will ask you to grab a set number of dog tags during a specified time. More details on this first Community Mission in Battlefield 4 to follow.

DICE Developer Talks

Increased developer interaction and transparency on how we work is frequently requested from our fans. During Player Appreciation Month, we will host a number of interviews with some of the core developers of Battlefield 4. In these interviews, you can ask them about their line of work, the effort they’ve put into Battlefield 4, or in the case of our core gameplay designer, what the balancing process of Battlefield 4 looks like. We will announce the dates and channels for these developer interviews as the Player Appreciation Month kicks off.

We’re going to have more information available on each of the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month activities throughout February. Check back here for those details.

If you are currently playing Battlefield 4, we hope you enjoy this month-long community appreciation. If you haven’t played in a little while, it’s a great time to get back in the game. Whoever you are, we appreciate the time you spend with Battlefield 4, we thank you for your support and we hope to keep hearing from you on the Battlefield 4 forums on Battlelog. Here’s to a great 2014!

Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE VP & GM

Link: The Battlefield Blog | Announcing the Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month

Just shit on everyone who had to earn 34,000 pistol points to unlock the M1911 why don't you! :mad:

Good for those who haven't unlocked it yet though.

Edited by SupraGaz

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This the best you can come up with DICE? Fo' real.

inB4 "Fix the Game" .

Hope you release the patch you've been planning for the end of the month.

Oh and more DMRS? Not like they're spammed to shit already :mad:

Also more double xp? Not like we've had enough anyway the MP will soon become un-playable since everyone will be max level by the time BF5 comes out.

Edited by Combatting

Hey, this is actually pretty nice.

I haven't actually seen DICE do anything like this before, so their community service must be coming along :rofl:

And it's nice to see they're trying to fix the "netcode"

:dance:

No mention of the 0% issue though :p Should be fixed in the end of the month patch.

inB4 "Fix the Game" .

Also more double xp? Not like we've had enough anyway the MP will soon become un-playable since everyone will be max level by the time BF5 comes out.

How can you complain about this? You're getting free stuff and we got confirmation that they're working on the net code, the most important flaw. Really don't see why so many people think this game is broken. I crash a lot less than I did on BF3 and even if I crash it doesn't crash my PS4. The only problem I'm having with the game is the net code and the rubber banding on Lancang Dam and Hainan Resort.

People need to stop their sheep behavior with all the complaining and look at all the positives in the game. I'm sure 80% of the people complaining about the net code have no clue what it means. The game is awesome. I say good job to DICE, I'm sure they'll improve the experience further and thanks for the free shit. Hope it'll unlock some nice attachments for me. No need for any shortcuts anymore, double XP and 200% boosters took care of that:D

I agree while it's free I'm fine with that :rolleyes: However DICE did say they've put everything on hold to release a patch so basically what they're doing is going against there own words. Hopefully I get more 200% booster xD. Currently got shed loads of 25% / 50%. Though some new guns would be nice.

Edited by Combatting

I'll be honest. I just might load up the game in February. Unlocking all DMRs, Shotguns, and Handguns is enticing in and of itself, and battlepacks every day is nice too - especially for those people who already got the highest level and didn't unlock all the camos/knives yet. They might not be anywhere near close to fixing a lot of the reasons why I'm not playing anymore, but at least I can prepare for when the game's up to snuff.

How can you complain about this? You're getting free stuff and we got confirmation that they're working on the net code, the most important flaw. Really don't see why so many people think this game is broken. I crash a lot less than I did on BF3 and even if I crash it doesn't crash my PS4. The only problem I'm having with the game is the net code and the rubber banding on Lancang Dam and Hainan Resort.

People need to stop their sheep behavior with all the complaining and look at all the positives in the game. I'm sure 80% of the people complaining about the net code have no clue what it means. The game is awesome. I say good job to DICE, I'm sure they'll improve the experience further and thanks for the free shit. Hope it'll unlock some nice attachments for me. No need for any shortcuts anymore, double XP and 200% boosters took care of that:D

100% this.:applause:

The only positive stuff I see in this news is that they're working on their netcode.

Considering everything else. When they release BF5, why they don't just give everyone the max rank and unlock all the weapons when you first play the game?

inB4 "Fix the Game" .

I love the game, but I agree with this.

Fix the game and get us some new content. I have the weapons I use, I don't need more BS or double XP that I don't care about

Bleh, I already died a countless amount of times unlocking all the horrible DMRs already. Why couldn't they unlock all the sniper rifles instead :confused:

because unlike the DMRs, shotguns, and most pistols, Snipers Rifles are actually worth a shit :whistle:

Well, good for DICE I guess. I want the gold packs. There's nothing else on offer that is of any use to me since I can only get what I still need via Gold Battlepack.