The skys have changed...

nintendo64X

Thanks to the new patch, and some of you may of read the patch notes/videos, but for us air pilots the game has changed...will it benefit you?

*Stingers can disable vehicles in one hit, but to balance, shorter lock on range and lock on time

Bad news for helicopter pilots, for jets it shouldn't seem so bad, but after all the lock ons it was only stingers that could bring me down.

*f35 centre of gravity fixed/hover mode engaged at low altitudes

Basically, for those that know, the flankers are actually weaker in movement to the f18...thanks to the patch, the f35 also beats them, no longer will ramming the breaks cause you to "stall", but to slow down...being low height or holding the breaks to far too long will cause it to land or hover...

This just makes them even more deadly in the hands of an experienced pilot who attacks infantry and tanks, rockets machine gun or guided shells, speaking of which...

*guided shells disable tanks without reactive armour, one hit, no designation

No wonder tankers are so angry...only a few survived, obviously reactive armour

*Heat seekers are ineffective

I was attacked by 2 jets and a helicopter, none of the 3 could hit me, these guys were good too, yet I swear thanks to my turtle beach headphones I can hear their missiles explode behind me...glad I stick to guided shells machine guns and air radar...oh yeah...

*Air radar no longer tracks ground vehicles

Guess I gotta use my eyes more often since it only tracks air vehicles :C

*Flares=useless

They upped the cooldown, better off with ecm, hides you on radar for a few seconds too, since only thing flares really work on are stingers and they come in hard and fast...

A bit late I know, but only today I got into a jet battle that gave me time to work out how the changes affect me...will they/do they affect...you!?

Edited by nintendo64X

I don't think it has really been made harder for anyone. Probably been made easier for people in helis, as rocket pods have more damage, Havoc has much better handling now, and tank guided missiles can be avoided with flares. If there is too many lock ons just fly low in the heli, or just fly away from that area in the Jet. No real skill needed.

I seem to do much better in choppers now as pilot. The damage increase and better mobility for the Havoc, really helped.

And fuck jets. I'm still saying they are useless :p

Hahah jets are the best. Don't fly so low next time in your heli. Go lock on to jets high up in the air or something like that! You were blocking my path two times :D

Jet gameplay sure improved since the patch. Rocket pods work nice on the cardboard tanks and dogfights are better now with the reduced damage of the main gun.

Hahah jets are the best. Don't fly so low next time in your heli. Go lock on to jets high up in the air or something like that! You were blocking my path two times :D

Jet gameplay sure improved since the patch. Rocket pods work nice on the cardboard tanks and dogfights are better now with the reduced damage of the main gun.

I didn't block, you aimed for me ;)

If that's true I've hardly noticed it, I'm still downing other jets with ease...

THESE FOOLS DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN!!!

If that's true I've hardly noticed it, I'm still downing other jets with ease...

Sounds about right.

I've found that Aircraft are more powerful then ever. Jets have been majorly buffed against ground troops. Hell, you can insta-kill jeeps, and one hit disable most heavy armor with Guided Missiles. The gun hasn't been too nerfed, and still shreds infantry soldiers, and still does it job of following up a guided missile for an instant destroy just fine.

Helicopters, while slightly more challenging to use can easily (perhaps too easily,) rape with the driver's rockets + the gunner, and destroy any vehicle in a single well placed pass. Stingers are a pain, but ECM jammer handles everything. If your gunner has flares, even better. Your a flying tank at that point. The odd shell or RPG might hit you, but thats your fault. If you get hit by one of those, you deserve to die because you were obviously flying like an idiot.

So yes, the skies changed with the patch. But to the benefit of the skilled pilots. Noobs on the other hand (who probably crash themselves anyway), will probably have issues when they do that slowly fly in a straight line thing. But to bad. That's THEIR problem.

Sounds about right.

I've found that Aircraft are more powerful then ever. Jets have been majorly buffed against ground troops. Hell, you can insta-kill jeeps, and one hit disable most heavy armor with Guided Missiles. The gun hasn't been too nerfed, and still shreds infantry soldiers, and still does it job of following up a guided missile for an instant destroy just fine.

Helicopters, while slightly more challenging to use can easily (perhaps too easily,) rape with the driver's rockets + the gunner, and destroy any vehicle in a single well placed pass. Stingers are a pain, but ECM jammer handles everything. If your gunner has flares, even better. Your a flying tank at that point. The odd shell or RPG might hit you, but thats your fault. If you get hit by one of those, you deserve to die because you were obviously flying like an idiot.

So yes, the skies changed with the patch. But to the benefit of the skilled pilots. Noobs on the other hand (who probably crash themselves anyway), will probably have issues when they do that slowly fly in a straight line thing. But to bad. That's THEIR problem.

Some of them is really lucky at times. I have been killed a couple of time by that, and I don't suck.

How can you not notice that. Bursts that before would have destroyed and killed another jet, now don't even disable it. Only downside about it is that you need more hits after a disable to destroy them which gives them more time to bail.

Some of them is really lucky at times. I have been killed a couple of time by that, and I don't suck.

Even the best pilots have moments of skill lapse ;)

Those times often are when you're banking a turn. No matter how skilled you are, you're vulnerable during a turn because you either dump a lot of speed, making you easy to lead, fly so low that everyone is surprised you lived more then a few second, or turn so tight that your basically stationary.

Its not that you suck (your a great chopper whore.) I agree, a lot of the hits are luck, but then there's people like me who blatantly exploit the slow downs of turning. I got tons of shell kills BEFORE tank shells one hit killed aircraft thanks to that.

As long as you fly outside the shell arc of a tank (Oliver doesn't get that yet apparently), your a good pilot to me. But once you pass over that arc long enough to get hit. Your automatically an idiot. AUTOMATICALLY. (Oliver)

Even the best pilots have moments of skill lapse ;)

Those times often are when you're banking a turn. No matter how skilled you are, you're vulnerable during a turn because you either dump a lot of speed, making you easy to lead, fly so low that everyone is surprised you lived more then a few second, or turn so tight that your basically stationary.

Its not that you suck (your a great chopper whore.) I agree, a lot of the hits are luck, but then there's people like me who blatantly exploit the slow downs of turning. I got tons of shell kills BEFORE tank shells one hit killed aircraft thanks to that.

As long as you fly outside the shell arc of a tank (Oliver doesn't get that yet apparently), your a good pilot to me. But once you pass over that arc long enough to get hit. Your automatically an idiot. AUTOMATICALLY. (Oliver)

Not sure what you mean :whistle:

It seems to me that regardless of whether or not they pop flares, those Heat Seekers blow up right behind them - doing no damage. Instead of shortening the lock-on time of Stingers, they should have increased it. Last time I was in a chopper I swear their whole team was locking on with Stingers :rant:

On the upside, I'm scoring a lot more in jets after the patch than before :think: