XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

View Poll Results: What do you think about the quality of the patch?
Very Positive 17 25.00%
Positive 17 25.00%
Neutral 12 17.65%
Negative 12 17.65%
Very Negative 10 14.71%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #71
fradet

one thing i have noticed that i hate is 1 rocket to take down air craft.

Also they slowed the repair weapon down when fixing things.But someone can blow you up with it faster than rockets c4 or anything now.

I think they need to get this fixed asap.
fradet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:38 AM   #72
RobMUFC1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradet View Post
one thing i have noticed that i hate is 1 rocket to take down air craft.

Also they slowed the repair weapon down when fixing things.But someone can blow you up with it faster than rockets c4 or anything now.

I think they need to get this fixed asap.
If you can hit a moving Heli with a RPG, you deserve the kill. If you're hovering around and not moving around alot, you deserve to be killed..

IMO
RobMUFC1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #73
andybm

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I downloaded a patch after not playing this for a while last night, had to totally redownload and install Karkand, after about 2 hours I finally got to play.

Now I can't find a CQ match to go into as a random without them all being super high tickets. And I can't find the back to Karkand map at all in the server browser. How the hell can I find a "normal" CQ match, with "normal rules", no offence but I don't want to join FLY THAT SH*T or MURDER MADNESS, I just want a normal 20 - 30 minute CQ game ffs

As for game play, no issues - just wished they hadn't made getting into normal matches so f'ing difficult.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #74
Brandon_2535

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMUFC1987 View Post
If you can hit a moving Heli with a RPG, you deserve the kill. If you're hovering around and not moving around alot, you deserve to be killed..

IMO
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybm View Post
I downloaded a patch after not playing this for a while last night, had to totally redownload and install Karkand, after about 2 hours I finally got to play.

Now I can't find a CQ match to go into as a random without them all being super high tickets. And I can't find the back to Karkand map at all in the server browser. How the hell can I find a "normal" CQ match, with "normal rules", no offence but I don't want to join FLY THAT SH*T or MURDER MADNESS, I just want a normal 20 - 30 minute CQ game ffs

As for game play, no issues - just wished they hadn't made getting into normal matches so f'ing difficult.
It's definitely harder to find a normal server now. DICE said they may add the option to only search for DICE/EA servers. I'd like that too.

When you use the server browser, just look for a server with a normal name. Select it and on the info page, check to see who the owner of the server is. If it's an official server, it should say the owner is DICE or EA. It should say that in the server description section too. Hope that helps!
Brandon_2535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #75
fradet

no i mean like the heat seaking rocket launchers
fradet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #76
andybm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_2535 View Post
I agree.

It's definitely harder to find a normal server now. DICE said they may add the option to only search for DICE/EA servers. I'd like that too.

When you use the server browser, just look for a server with a normal name. Select it and on the info page, check to see who the owner of the server is. If it's an official server, it should say the owner is DICE or EA. It should say that in the server description section too. Hope that helps!
Thanks for your reply, but even servers that say DICE seem to be owned by non EA/DICE! Anyway, I appreciate there are other threads on this topic, but one thing I have definitely noticed since patching is the absence of CQ Strike at Karkand map???? Now that's a big shame as for me its personally favourite CQ map of the game

Love this game, but since this change and literally 30 mins ago being kicked out of a game for absolutely no comprehendable reason I am very downhearted since this patch/change.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #77
null45

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   1,000 Posts

Overall I think I like the patch changes. Although for me not really much has changed, I still can't shoot

I have found the longer games and playing different game modes (due to the multi game type setup of the official servers I've found) has meant I've got more ribbons, some of which I didn't think I'd ever get, like the nemisis one.

It is a pita trying to find a good with the game mode / map you want to play on though.
null45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #78
[DIW]xricky93x

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

Finally after some days I found some good weapons to use, and the MP7 rocks also, the M240b when firing with the bipod has almost no recoil even in prolonged bursts, and at very long range. Lol, I've taken out like 4 snipers from 130+ meters in a burst with it

My favorite match in BF3, and probably ever.

Not DIW anymore. Since, like, 2011.

[DIW]xricky93x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #79
andybm

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, but even servers that say DICE seem to be owned by non EA/DICE! Anyway, I appreciate there are other threads on this topic, but one thing I have definitely noticed since patching is the absence of CQ Strike at Karkand map???? Now that's a big shame as for me its personally favourite CQ map of the game

Love this game, but since this change and literally 30 mins ago being kicked out of a game for absolutely no comprehendable reason I am very downhearted since this patch/change.
My rant about Strike at Karkand is that you have to look for CQA (CQ assault) as apposed to normal CQ. My bad, but useful if anyone wondering lol
Old 04-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #80
Brandon_2535

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission

Quote:

I know what you mean. They do that just to get attention to their server or whatever. It's definitely annoying. The only way you will really know is if you use the server browser to see who the actual owner is. It's very annoying though, I agree. I couldn't find any DICE or EA servers last night. If I did find one, it was in a different region and was usually empty anyway. I suppose I don't mind the large ticket matches that much, but I definitely don't want the server owner to be kicking me or switching me to the other team for no reason. That's the part I really dislike.
Brandon_2535 is offline   Reply With Quote