Opinions about the patch.

mmike

What do you think about the quality of the patch?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the quality of the patch?

• Very Positive
    • Positive
    • Neutral
    • Negative
    • Very Negative

On Battlelog the opinions seem to be divided a bit. The tanks seems to be the biggest complaint people have. Only played one (very long) game on Metro so far so I don't know everything yet. Must say the map feels very different without frag round flying everywhere.

The guns seem less accurate now which makes it more fun if you kill someone and the 870 is still very good at close range, maybe even better than before. It's worse at longer ranges now though. I like the custom servers, since you can now really play the thing you want. Also like the changes to the ribbons/medals. The suppression one is a lot easier now with only 4 assists needed and the higher suppression. Got 3 assists when I missed 2 shots with the .44 Magnum. The .44 Magnum can also fire faster now which requires some adjusting but it feels a bit like the Desert Eagle from CoD now and I like that one very much.

So I'm pretty positive about it so far, but I'll wait with voting until I've tried vehicle maps aswell. Well vote if you like or dislike the new patch and tell why or why not.

Edited by mmike

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its taking me a while to get use to. My aiming is all over the place since I turned the anti-alising off but I'd definitely say its more responsive, that's why i'm going to keep it turned off. I'm neutral on it at the moment, just hope I start to adapt to the change

Edited by love_handles1987

I still need to get used to it a bit more... I like bits but I dislike others... It will take me some time to get used to the changes. But overall I'm quite positive about it :D

Haven't seen a single Frag or FAMAS yet :D

I got killed by a frag today. guy killed himself though because he was too close.

But like before, less people are trying to steer away from them, now more buckshot usas12's are appearing.

I voted Positive. I'm pretty happy with most of the bug fixes. The guns definitely handle a little differently now, but for the most part I don't have any issues with the changes. The one thing that I noticed still doesn't work is joining a game as a squad. In a squad based game, that's a bit annoying. But other than that, I'm happy with the patch.

Haven't seen a single Frag or FAMAS yet :D

I've still been using the FAMAS quite a bit since the patch. :p

Other than a bit more recoil, it seems pretty much the same to me.

Don't worry they'll patch it soon.

Soon being part of the update for the CQ DLC coming in June :rofl:

I only played one game on Gulf of Oman and I can definitely tell a big difference in the overall game physics - from planes to tanks to guns, even throwing med kits is different. It'll take a while to get used to it all, but I think it's all for the best.

On the other hand, taking this long to 'fix' everything is downright insulting and, yes, UNNECESSARY. We all played, and got used to, the 'broken' game mechanics. Sure there's plenty to hate, but would you want to buy a car, be used to the handling/gas mileage etc only to have the dealership force you to install new parts that completely changed how the car drove?

I voted "Positive" by the way.

-the lmg´s initial recoil makes it harder to manage, now to get a kill I need to basically burst fire with them or be at close range.

- I still laugh at op metro now

-supression ribbon is the one of the easiest to obtain now

wtf did all the noobs come from, I used to have matches with almost everyone being a coronel and now its mostly noobs?

PS: I dont know if they had already but it seems some lmgs with the patch have gotten the heavy barrel, I noticed it on the MG36

I'm downloading the patch as I'm writing this so I'll have to report back later after I've played it a bit.

As long as they didn't f*ck up my jets then I should be happy.

the cannon has been nerfed a bit, i heard someone say by 30% but i wouldn't take that as gospel and lock time for aa is almost instant,like 3 beeps, so you need to be on your toes.seems like your being locked onto constantly.it'll take some adjusting.

the cannon has been nerfed a bit, i heard someone say by 30% but i wouldn't take that as gospel and lock time for aa is almost instant,like 3 beeps, so you need to be on your toes.seems like your being locked onto constantly.it'll take some adjusting.

Didn't they also change the Stinger damage to a 1 shot disable?

Yes, Stingers are one hit disables.

Well, didn't would be so bad for jets, they can always flare and run way and below radar now stops lock ons from Stingers, but Helicopters getting disabled in a single hit is kinda of bull and I didn't really find the flares more reliable now, still got hit by those pesky stingers, fairly close shot singers still will most likely disable you.

In my opinion, I'm positive on this patch, but some additions were bad, mainly the tanks armor against infantry and the javelin being on hit disable without the tank being Laser Printed.

Also, not a big issue, but now we'll probably have more annoying helicopter pilots trying to faking dogfight a jet, because Helicopters AA missiles now lock on instantly.

Overall pretty positive. In some respects it's almost like a totally different game. And it will take some getting used to with how different the recoil is on most guns. I too, was shocked when I got a suppression ribbon first game playing. I was like "wtf, I didn't think I got 7 suppression assists" lol.

I very positive about the patch.

Weapons have been changed for what I think is the best. I've always burst fired, so I have a natural advantage. :whistle:

The fact full auto spraying will fail (especially with Carbines the recoily bastards), and each weapon has different recoil makes them all feel different. Each gun has more of an identity now. Makes the game more balanced too. You can have your F2000 that shoots extremely fast, but its going to kick like a mule, or you can have the slow AK-74m that can maintain accuracy and control even in sustained fire.

Dunno why people are saying tanks are weak. I think MFVillin watching me on Oman last night would beg to differ.

I know I hit choppers with unguided shells, but they don't get OHKed like they're supposed to, and they can still definitely clear a flag. They are still powerful, more balanced since locks no longer break from the flares, but arguably more powerful in the patch because flares reload waaaaaay faster, and driver rockets do more damage.

People are gonna bitch because they have basically relearn the game, but I think its for the most part, all for the best.

the game is broken now. This is what they only needed to do:

-nerf famas

-nerf frag rounds

-nerf repair torch

-nerf AA damage to infantry

instead they went overboard and made tanks & AA gun completely useless, even with reactive armor

Thank god the LAV is still usable because the reactive armor saves it from total nerfmadness

Try rush on caspian border attacking. You are better off taking a jeep then using a tank. everybody goes on foot now, cause tanks are giftboxes for 2 javelin engineers. Might as wel giftwrap myself when i hop in a tank for a free kill. I thought tanks were the armoured spearhead of an assault, with infantry following to mop up? Now we got infantry going first, and tank following carefully behind, hoping infantry can mop up for it. WorldWar 1 tactics in an abrams???:confused:

Conquest is for infantry & air only now. Little birds have become overpowered now. Below radar prevents stingers from locking on it, tank shells suck against it now, can be flared or ECMd. Only soflam + javelin helps, or try get a lucky shot with a rocket. Yes I think tanks were OP somewhat before with the repair beating of rocket damage. But this is retarded

Another thing that sucks is suppression has become much worse. It throws of your accuracy if you get suppressed. So whoever misses first in a 1on1 and has high ROF on his gun wins. Cause if you get suppressed your gun turns rubber. Try F2000 or PDW weapons up close.. You win cause high ROF. No skill involved, just whoever sprays fasted...

This game has become retarded now, and alot of people on my friends list agree

the game is broken now. This is what they only needed to do:

-nerf famas

-nerf frag rounds

-nerf repair torch

-nerf AA damage to infantry

instead they went overboard and made tanks & AA gun completely useless, even with reactive armor

Thank god the LAV is still usable because the reactive armor saves it from total nerfmadness

Try rush on caspian border attacking. You are better off taking a jeep then using a tank. everybody goes on foot now, cause tanks are giftboxes for 2 javelin engineers. Might as wel giftwrap myself when i hop in a tank for a free kill. I thought tanks were the armoured spearhead of an assault, with infantry following to mop up? Now we got infantry going first, and tank following carefully behind, hoping infantry can mop up for it. WorldWar 1 tactics in an abrams???:confused:

Conquest is for infantry & air only now. Little birds have become overpowered now. Below radar prevents stingers from locking on it, tank shells suck against it now, can be flared or ECMd. Only soflam + javelin helps, or try get a lucky shot with a rocket. Yes I think tanks were OP somewhat before with the repair beating of rocket damage. But this is retarded

I agree with what you said about the vehicles. I'm mainly gunna play infantry maps till Dice fixes that. If you have 2 enemies with javelins, even if you have smoke, your fucked. :(