BC2 Maps vs BF3 Maps

DIWxricky93x

I'm opening this post to generalize this one http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/battlefield-3/151031-operation-metro-vs-cold-war.html and talk about all the maps in both BC2 and BF3. Which game do you think has the best maps overall?

I personally think that BC2 has many better maps in many ways, and I liked all of them (apart from Nelson Bay, hate that one) alike. Starting from the environment, I think everyone is characteristic somehow (Isla Inocentes, Arica, Valparaiso are the best regarding this IMHO), there are plenty of ways to play them and there aren't as many corridors of death (actually, the only one I can remember was the one between the first and the second base in Valdez Rush). That's the thing I miss the most about BC2, probably.

In BF3 instead, maps are a lot less "beautiful", there is less variety and they are a bit bad designed IMO (god I hate clusterfucks and death rows in some maps)...

I'd love a DLC which allowed me to play BC2 maps :D

This is what I think, what about you guys? :D

:bow: Arica Harbour :bow:

BC2 had amazing and memorable maps, with fights breaking out all over the map. In BF3, there seems to be main fight points only, such as the alley on Grand Bazaar etc..., and don't even get me started on OP metro :facepalm:

I do like some of the maps on BF3 more than certain maps on BC2. I like Caspian border and Kharg Island, but nothing for me beats the layout and design of maps such as Arica Harbour, Port Valdez and those Lake maps. All in all, BC2's maps were better. Oh, and Isla Inocentes' gameplay was so awesome.

I have favorites in each game. The thing with BF3 maps though is even maps that aren't my favorite are still decent enough for me to play. Even Metro.

In BC2 there was maps I loved, and maps I just flat out didn't play.

In BC2 I loved Arica(Rush/CQ), Isla Inconcentes(Rush), Valparaiso(Rush), Oasis(Rush/CQ), Heavy Metal(CQ), Panama Canal(CQ), Atacama Desert(CQ) and all 5 Vietnam Maps on Conquest.

But I hated the remaining maps. I hated both Laguna's. Especially Alta. Presa was alright, but the players ruined that map. Nelson Bay and White Pass made me immediately quit to the menu because 1) Snow maps suck, and 2) They were setup horribly. I remember the parachute spawn rape......Those were dark days.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I hated Port Valdez. On CQ players would always leave you to walk. On Rush it was damn near impossible to attack against a team of snipers because you'd get shot out of your parachute. Then theres the base rape on CQ. Really, Base Rape is what ruined a lot of the BC2 maps for me.

So in BF3, theres a few great maps, but everything else is a playable "meh".

In BC2 there was mostly great maps, but the other maps were god awful trash in my opinion.

So no, I don't want a BC2 DLC. Leave that for Bad Company 3. Besides, Armored Kill is bringing Quadbikes back. So I don't need a BC2 DLC.

BC2 maps win hands down. Arica Harbour by far my favourite BC2 map. I hate how unbalanced some BF3 maps are. The RU has major advantage on Metro, Canals and so on.

I don't get how putting RU base closer to B flag on metro makes it balanced. Not to mention that RU base is on the same level as the B flag while US have to take either clusterfuck stairs or claymore escalators. :facepalm:

In BC2 you get much bigger variety of maps. Also,

[spoiler=54444]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16554979.jpg

That being said, I hear PC servers for BC2 are still pretty active and it's only like 10 Euros in origin store :think:

BC2 maps win hands down. Arica Harbour by far my favourite BC2 map. I hate how unbalanced some BF3 maps are. The RU has major advantage on Metro, Canals and so on.

I don't get how putting RU base closer to B flag on metro makes it balanced. Not to mention that RU base is on the same level as the B flag while US have to take either clusterfuck stairs or claymore escalators. :facepalm:

In BC2 you get much bigger variety of maps. Also,

[spoiler=54444]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/16554979.jpg

That being said, I hear PC servers for BC2 are still pretty active and it's only like 10 Euros in origin store :think:

I have always hated snow maps. Paired with the fact that the ones in BC2 were terrible (nelson bay especially), doesn't help the matter. Nelson Bay was a rape trap, White Pass was a Carl G spammer death trap with spawn camping abundant, and Port Valdez suffered from a dickish community, especially on Conquest, and Cold War...... Oh god no. Please no. FUCKING NO. GODDAMN SPAWN KILLERS AND TERRIBLE MCOM PLACEMENT.

Snow maps are to first person shooters what underwater levels are to every other genre.

BF3 maps suffer on Console because they were designed for the higher player count on PC, and then scaled down for console. Trust me, maps like Canals are much more balanced on PC. Not Metro though..... Thats just FUBAR.

That said, I still want BF3 to get a snow map or two just for the variety. So far the variety entails Brown, 2 maps of Pale Blue, 1 map of green, and a mediocre nighttime map, and Wake Island.

I have always hated snow maps. Paired with the fact that the ones in BC2 were terrible (nelson bay especially), doesn't help the matter. Nelson Bay was a rape trap, White Pass was a Carl G spammer death trap with spawn camping abundant, and Port Valdez suffered from a dickish community, especially on Conquest, and Cold War...... Oh god no. Please no. FUCKING NO. GODDAMN SPAWN KILLERS AND TERRIBLE MCOM PLACEMENT.

Snow maps are to first person shooters what underwater levels are to every other genre.

BF3 maps suffer on Console because they were designed for the higher player count on PC, and then scaled down for console. Trust me, maps like Canals are much more balanced on PC. Not Metro though..... Thats just FUBAR.

That said, I still want BF3 to get a snow map or two just for the variety. So far the variety entails Brown, 2 maps of Pale Blue, 1 map of green, and a mediocre nighttime map, and Wake Island.

Bro, you must have had bad luck with snow maps in BC2 cuz I experienced nothing from what you mentioned in first paragraph. Okay, I'll admit I absolutely hated Port Valdez CQ. That map was just dreadful.

Also about Nelson Bay being rape trap - yeah there were moments like these but it was the case in ALL maps not just this 1 specifically.

Bro, you must have had bad luck with snow maps in BC2 cuz I experienced nothing from what you mentioned in first paragraph. Okay, I'll admit I absolutely hated Port Valdez CQ. That map was just dreadful.

Also about Nelson Bay being rape trap - yeah there were moments like these but it was the case in ALL maps not just this 1 specifically.

Ah yes, but in most maps you have a chance to at least fight back.

In Nelson Bay you either spawned in a Parachute Death Trap, or you spawned in a deployment practically made out of camping locations.

The Carl G's in White Pass tended to be worse than say... Arica, because Arica had other cover aside from the buildings, like the garages, and indestructo crates. On White Pass, those houses fell, you were screwed against a competent team. The end.

I won't even detail Cold War. I dislike Rush. That map made no effort to change my mind.

I might of had bad luck, but that luck was consistent. I can't judge a map better if 99% of my time was crap, just because I had a good game that one time. If that was case, I'd have to say Call of Duty has teh best mapz evar.

Not counting the Karkand update, BF3 only has a few really good maps. So BC2 hands down had much better maps. Much better variety imo. And Cold War was definitely a pain in the ass (that last mcom on the backside of that build was the worst), but man it felt good to win as attacker on that map cause you really had to earn it.

Only map I can recall that I truly did not like was Heavy Metal, atleast the first part in Rush. If you weren't in a tank and died, holy shit that run to the mcom blew big time. Unlike BF3, I rarely played Conquest so I dunno how certain maps were on that mode. Even though I don't like Rush in BF3 much at all, I'm glad they got rid of that crap of putting the mcom in destructible buildings. So annoying when some guy sits in spawn with tank and drops mcom buildings.

Edited by SchumiF1

Not counting the Karkand update, BF3 only has a few really good maps. So BC2 hands down had much better maps. Much better variety imo. And Cold War was definitely a pain in the ass (that last mcom on the backside of that build was the worst), but man it felt good to win as attacker on that map cause you really had to earn it.

Only map I can recall that I truly did not like was Heavy Metal, atleast the first part in Rush. If you weren't in a tank and died, holy shit that run to the mcom blew big time. Unlike BF3, I rarely played Conquest so I dunno how certain maps were on that mode. Even though I don't like Rush in BF3 much at all, I'm glad they got rid of that crap of putting the mcom in destructible buildings. So annoying when some guy sits in spawn with tank and drops mcom buildings.

I think you might be a bit confused there. Heavy Metal didn't have a Rush version. You might be thinking about Harvest Day, that map was a terrible run between each base, especially the first base. How DICE screwed that map so hard from BC1 to BC2 is beyond me.

In BC2 I liked the maps Arica, Valdez and Isla Innocentes the most. Valpasomething was also fun so now and then.

In BF3 I like only a few maps. In my opinion is Kharg and Caspian border too big. When you've taken a flag, the moment you're gone it is in the hands of the enemy again. Metro is fun if you're on a good team (saw many times that the russians or the americans had taken all the flags or the B flag was changing hands all of the time).

The map I like the most on this time is Bazaar.

But yeah, BC2 had more fun maps. It's funny: In BC2 I always played rush, but in BF3 I always play CQ (most of the time, only play Rush if a friend is online and he wants to play Rush).

BC1>BC2>BF3

Even BF3s best maps (IMO) Caspian (Conquest/Rush) and Kharg Island (Conquest) are garbage compared to Par for the Course/Crossing Over/ End of the Line ect.

And BF3's infantry maps are so fukn bad! eg. Op Metro, Grand Bazaar compared to BC1 having Oasis, Ascension, Ghost Town, Over and Out ect.

With BC2 I basically only played Rush so I can't say much about that except I liked all the Maps apart from Laguna Alta (Defending) and Cold War, and White pass was sometimes a bit over the top with Destruction 2.0.

BF3 Rush is just bad, Op Metro, Seine Crossing, Grand Bazaar, Kharg Island, Damavand Peak, All Karkand Rush maps = :sick:

If this game had better maps I would play it for something other that Scout Helis, anything apart from that BC1&2 does better imo.

BC1>BC2>BF3

Even BF3s best maps (IMO) Caspian (Conquest/Rush) and Kharg Island (Conquest) are garbage compared to Par for the Course/Crossing Over/ End of the Line ect.

And BF3's infantry maps are so fukn bad! eg. Op Metro, Grand Bazaar compared to BC1 having Oasis, Ascension, Ghost Town, Over and Out ect.

With BC2 I basically only played Rush so I can't say much about that except I liked all the Maps apart from Laguna Alta (Defending) and Cold War, and White pass was sometimes a bit over the top with Destruction 2.0.

BF3 Rush is just bad, Op Metro, Seine Crossing, Grand Bazaar, Kharg Island, Damavand Peak, All Karkand Rush maps = :sick:

If this game had better maps I would play it for something other that Scout Helis, anything apart from that BC1&2 does better imo.

^This.

BC1 maps were fuckin' amazing. Oasis, Ghost Town, Acta Non Verba and End Of The Line are still the best and funniest MP maps I've ever played in any FPS. Many of BC2 maps were also very beautiful, but not as good as BC1 maps. BC2 Vietnam maps were incredible too. Sadly, compared to the maps from the Bad Company series, BF3 maps just plain suck.

Well I never got angry at a map playing BFBC2 but whenever I see Operation Metro I either leave the map or pass the pad to a mate as I refuse to run into that cluster-**** of a map.

But to be fair, this is the only map where DICE have truely made a mistake, either a combination of weapon mods (12g Frags) or the maps just not having enough options. I have always wanted to roll up with an IFV inside the tunnels. So could be done.

I think you might be a bit confused there. Heavy Metal didn't have a Rush version. You might be thinking about Harvest Day, that map was a terrible run between each base, especially the first base. How DICE screwed that map so hard from BC1 to BC2 is beyond me.

Ah yes, my bad. Guess that happens when you haven't played a game for well over a year. I'm still not 100% on BF3 with map names lol.

@Gnyg I played BF2 a ton back in the day, 24/7 Karkand servers ftw.

Edited by SchumiF1

The advantage of BC2 maps were that some were specifically designed for Rush or Conquest. Some maps were large and long supporting the Rush design element, some maps were more... 'Circular' supporting the Conquest game mode.

I have to say, BF3 has a really good set of maps, mainly the large ones, but, BFBC2 seems to have better maps. Valparaiso and Isla Innocents were my overall favorite.