New DLC Rumor. "Close Quarters"

Lukezordz

Blackhawk nice. Another roadkilling machine :D Maybe they will add Valparaiso from BC2 since that was one of the most prominent Blackhawk maps. Don't exactly like the Close Quarters part though. I'm hoping for more open maps.

Weren't they announcing something at a games convention today? Or was this what they announced?

Turn that rumor, into truth people!

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters announced for June, two more packs incoming | Joystiq

Fucking June!!! :(

At least by taking their time hopefully it will be really good unlike certain games that rush out dlc to get their hands on as much money as possible.

Not that excited about the blackhawk though, I'd prefer a F-22 Raptor.

At least by taking their time hopefully it will be really good unlike certain games that rush out dlc to get their hands on as much money as possible.

Not that excited about the blackhawk though, I'd prefer a F-22 Raptor.

I think their intentions were transport helis, not fighter jets...

This DLC isn't a rumour, confirmed and theres a page dedicated to it on EAs website...

And here's a little treat for you people.

'Tis the Battlefield 3 Close Quaters you unleash your eyes upon to

Skip to 0:40 for gameplay.

And... I don't like it, this just defies everything was Battlefield was about, the map in this video is basically CoD running on Frostbite 2.

EDIT:

OH GOD! The video was removed a minute later after I posted the video here... no worries!

Here is the back-up you shalt unleash your eyes upon to!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfHjdjQiPko] 'Tis the Back-Up you unleash your eyes too [/ame]

WATCH IT... BEFORE IT GETS REMOVED!

Edited by InternationalGamer

Agreed. The map may look like a typical Call Of Duty map, but I'd like to see how a conquest or rush game works out on a map like this... I think it would be an interesting game to play. I can imagine the tickets would be raised for a CQ game... Not too sure about Rush...?

And even if you play TDM on a map like this... It still won't be CoD. It never will be. It will keep the tactical and realistic theme. As opposed to CoD where the gameplay seems to be sped up by x6.

Personally, I can't wait for the new expansion packs. (Even Close Quarters!)

If anyone doesn't like the idea of it... Think of the new guns. :drool:

Good grief. Theyre turning this game into CoD.

SMH :(

I don't think so, I think they have a game plan.

By having a DLC/Maps that are very CoD like, they will mostly likely attract CoD type players over to Battlefield, those players may then branch out into the medium & then larger size maps but the overall goal is to get them onto Battlefield & buy the game :D

I don't think so, I think they have a game plan.

By having a DLC/Maps that are very CoD like, they will mostly likely attract CoD type players over to Battlefield, those players may then branch out into the medium & then larger size maps but the overall goal is to get them onto Battlefield & buy the game :D

That's just more BF newbies for me to destroy :devil: