XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #1091
IngoBlaze

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Silver   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheat1328 View Post
Brake while turning. Boost if your trying to get away quickly.
And what button is brake? I can't figure it out?

IngoBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #1092
Wheat1328

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngoBlaze View Post
And what button is brake? I can't figure it out?
L2 I think. Can't remember for sure - I'm not much of a jet guy. R3 or L3 is boost
Old 02-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #1093
Totoyeahwhat

Send a message via Yahoo to Totoyeahwhat

Awards Showcase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Tournament Champion   10,000 Posts   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   Community Gaming Event Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Yeah L2 to brake. Also going for tanks is a nice strategy, if jets ain't you. I usually rain them with rockets and then finish 'em off with the machine gun. Choppers are easy targets too
Old 02-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #1094
IngoBlaze

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Community Gaming Event Silver   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Call of Duty 4 Birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheat1328 View Post
L2 I think. Can't remember for sure - I'm not much of a jet guy. R3 or L3 is boost
Thanks I'll give it a try. Yeah L3 is the afterburner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoyeahwhat123 View Post
Yeah L2 to brake. Also going for tanks is a nice strategy, if jets ain't you. I usually rain them with rockets and then finish 'em off with the machine gun. Choppers are easy targets too
You can't use heatseekers on tanks right? Just want to double check as they don't appear to lock on.

Last edited by IngoBlaze; 02-17-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #1095
DaFaztFingaz
Graphics Team

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Silver   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Guide Supplement Bronze   SOTM Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
You can't use heatseekers on tanks right? Just want to double check as they don't appear to lock on.
Heatseekers only work on Helis and Jets. If you want to target ground vehicles like Tanks, LAVs, Jeeps, even MAVs then use the Guided Missile.

Best strategy to start using it is in Rush on a map like Kharg Island. Gain some altitude, begin a slow decent and switch to the GM. Once you find a target stay locked onto it and fire as soon as the beeping stops. After you fire immediately switch to the machinegun and spam the button a few times so you can spot the target you fired the missile upon. Once you know where the target is fire the machinegun at it until it is destroyed (make sure to compensate for movements of the target and the angle of your jet.

Once you get good at it you can take out enemy vehicles like nothing. The Guided Missile is also really good for spotting enemies so you can strafe them with the machinegun.

If you do this in Rush remember that the A-10 does NOT register kills as a Jet.
DaFaztFingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #1096
Totoyeahwhat

Send a message via Yahoo to Totoyeahwhat

Awards Showcase Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Tournament Champion   10,000 Posts   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   Community Gaming Event Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Thanks I'll give it a try. Yeah L3 is the afterburner.

No I use rocket pods. Works like the rockets on attack helis
Old 02-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #1097
IngoBlaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFaztFingaz View Post
Heatseekers only work on Helis and Jets. If you want to target ground vehicles like Tanks, LAVs, Jeeps, even MAVs then use the Guided Missile.

Best strategy to start using it is in Rush on a map like Kharg Island. Gain some altitude, begin a slow decent and switch to the GM. Once you find a target stay locked onto it and fire as soon as the beeping stops. After you fire immediately switch to the machinegun and spam the button a few times so you can spot the target you fired the missile upon. Once you know where the target is fire the machinegun at it until it is destroyed (make sure to compensate for movements of the target and the angle of your jet.

Once you get good at it you can take out enemy vehicles like nothing. The Guided Missile is also really good for spotting enemies so you can strafe them with the machinegun.

If you do this in Rush remember that the A-10 does NOT register kills as a Jet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoyeahwhat123 View Post
No I use rocket pods. Works like the rockets on attack helis
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try to put them to good use.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #1098
DaFaztFingaz
Graphics Team

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Silver   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Bronzer Than Nothing   2,500 Posts   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Guide Supplement Bronze   SOTM Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)

Quote:
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try to put them to good use.
No prob. If you ever need a good Wingman then just send me a FR
DaFaztFingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #1099
null45

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

People who take my tank when I get out to repair it are annoying enough. But people who take the tank when I get out to repair it and then don't PTFO with it are just dickheads.
null45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #1100
Mikhail

Quote:
Originally Posted by null45 View Post
People who take my tank when I get out to repair it are annoying enough. But people who take the tank when I get out to repair it and then don't PTFO with it are just dickheads.
I agree to this and also, when you're repairing your teammate's tank and he doesnt seem to notice, just drives away