EA Reveals Battle Plan For Toppling Call Of Duty

Khriz360

A hasn't been shy about wanting to see its flagship Battlefield franchise beat Call of Duty. So how does the publisher plan to make this happen, besides spending $100 million in advertising? In a recent interview, Battlefield 3's senior director of marketing Lincoln Hershberger laid out DICE and EA's plan to take back the FPS crown from Call Of Duty.

Speaking with Industry Gamers, Hershberger detailed three ways the nine figure advertising budget is being spent. The first is using social networks to spread word of Battlefield 3, including a Facebook tool that will allow players to unlock special content (we're guessing in a way that works similar to what EA did for Battlefield 1943 and Bad Company 2). The second is Battlefield 3's Limited Edition extras, which we found out today contain four classic Battlefield maps. Finally, the company plans to create an online Battlefield portal that will unify the various Battlefield brands and help "ensure FPS fans find what they’re looking for."

I don't really care about the social networking aspects that much, but if EA and DICE keep the maps coming, I'll be happy to spend my online FPS time on Battlefield 3's...er...battlefields.

Source:EA Reveals Battle Plan For Toppling Call Of Duty - News - www.GameInformer.com