PS4 beta out now.

Blessorship

The beta is out already? As a premium member for the last 3 battlefields i would have expected to get access but i dont see invife anywhere. Anyone have any info on this?http://http//m.imgur.com/BiMdWlj

http://m.imgur.com/BiMdWlj

My mistake. My buddy has only played battlefield a few times and he still somehow got the invite to the closed alpha via email. Didnt mean to cause a stir.

Edited by Blessorship

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only played Rush so far. Liked what I have played so far.

The horses will take a little getting used to for me, but then I never was one for the smaller vehicles in the modern BF games anyway.

The tank with the space for 6 players is pretty cool. Not too sure how quick they are to take out because I haven't tried to take one on yet.

In relation to that, the reshuffling of the classes is nice. I haven't tried Support yet (I guess this might be the anti-tank class?). Quite like the medic (as always), and the scout isn't too bad either. What is strange is that despite it having an automatic weapon I didn't find the assault class all that enjoyable.

I will say, I was quite stunned at how nice the game looks. I haven't played Battlefield 4 for well over a year, and that was a cross-gen game anyways, and I only touched the Star Wars beta for a few hours, but that current gen focus seems to have created a decent leap in visuals from what I remember of BF4.

Also, that sandstorm! :o

Edited by InjusticeReborn

Guns sound awesome when the sound actually works. FPS drops like crazy atm which ruins it for me. Desert map seem so bland. As far as vehicle goes I only tried the horse which felt awkward as hell to ride.

Also they better fix the magic bullets that can randomly curve around the corners like in BF4.

Hot damn, I lost so much interest in this so fast, though I think that's due to the map. Tried Rush (my favorite game mode) and couldn't believe how open it was - no cover, just a few rocks to hide behind, a real sniper's paradise. Tried Conquest, and it was more of the same - spawn at one of the flags you have, get sniped or picked off by a tank. I really hope it's just this map that I'm not caring for.

So here's my impressions from Day 1, mostly Rush, some Conquest.

First Off: This is a terrible Conquest map. The flag layout is terrible, and there's way too much dead space in-between objectives. It's a giant no-man's land between points and the 3 outermost points might as well not even exist once they're captured, and then on the points they're just locked down by vehicles because anti-vehicle options are just too shitty if there isn't 3 or 4 guys focusing the tanks.

Balance wise the guns feel fine. Snipers are clearly the dominant class, but that's obviously the map since they become a non-issue inside the denser towny areas of the map. I'd imagine the full map roster will have some variety in that respect. I'm really loving the majority of the weapons, personally. They're just really fun to use and directly cater to the weapons I love in video games. Although the default LMG is completely worthless, had to immediately spring for the other one to even hit anything past 10 feet.

As I mentioned, Anti-Vehicle is just shit. I get wanting to have multiple people work together to kill vehicles, but you have to get way too close and use too many resources to do it. Bump the giganade capacity by an extra charge, and either let TNT stick or increase its throw distance. At the moment, vehicles can completely dominate due to their insane effective range and instant kill power. I've seen multiple matches where a tank across the map can go 30-0 or better. Just because nothing can reach them.

Planes don't seem to have a purpose other than to populate the sky. Didn't get much time with them though. As Conquest was just a shitfest of snipers and locked down objectives. The map is way better suited for Rush, and even then it's not perfect, but I was able to succeed with every class there and not just a vehicle or sniper.

I'm interested in this if it goes public, first ever time a Battlefield game has piqued my interest though i must admit.

Goes public tomorrow.

Wow.. I'm interesting to look forward it via my email tomorrow. I watched a short time for gameplay that same copied the map mw and massive map. The map is an unique fade out/in camera of screen after someone kill anyone.

My favorite are bfbc2 and bf hardline games because I sometimes kill someone on the map as easy , but I am bothered of deploy timer.

Edited by Tigerz_bone_21

Really liking the sniping in this battlefield. I didn't enjoy it much before, but the scopes just seem so much better. Enjoying it so far :D

As I mentioned, Anti-Vehicle is just shit. I get wanting to have multiple people work together to kill vehicles, but you have to get way too close and use too many resources to do it. Bump the giganade capacity by an extra charge, and either let TNT stick or increase its throw distance. At the moment, vehicles can completely dominate due to their insane effective range and instant kill power. I've seen multiple matches where a tank across the map can go 30-0 or better. Just because nothing can reach them.

Planes don't seem to have a purpose other than to populate the sky. Didn't get much time with them though. As Conquest was just a shitfest of snipers and locked down objectives. The map is way better suited for Rush, and even then it's not perfect, but I was able to succeed with every class there and not just a vehicle or sniper.

Can confirm. Tank OP.

http://i.imgur.com/JDJSTjm.png

So here's my impressions from Day 1, mostly Rush, some Conquest.

First Off: This is a terrible Conquest map. The flag layout is terrible, and there's way too much dead space in-between objectives. It's a giant no-man's land between points and the 3 outermost points might as well not even exist once they're captured, and then on the points they're just locked down by vehicles because anti-vehicle options are just too shitty if there isn't 3 or 4 guys focusing the tanks.

Balance wise the guns feel fine. Snipers are clearly the dominant class, but that's obviously the map since they become a non-issue inside the denser towny areas of the map. I'd imagine the full map roster will have some variety in that respect. I'm really loving the majority of the weapons, personally. They're just really fun to use and directly cater to the weapons I love in video games. Although the default LMG is completely worthless, had to immediately spring for the other one to even hit anything past 10 feet.

And here I was going to write up some big review, you basically did it all for me. I completely agree with every single point said here. So yeah, that's my review too lol.

On a side note, how do you spot people in this? I'm sure I saw it in the tips but can't figure it out? Also cba to actually look at the controls.

And here I was going to write up some big review, you basically did it all for me. I completely agree with every single point said here. So yeah, that's my review too lol.

On a side note, how do you spot people in this? I'm sure I saw it in the tips but can't figure it out? Also cba to actually look at the controls.

Same as Battlefield 4, R1.

Managed to get some Conquest going last night. Will completely agree about the objective placement - F, G are alright for the British spawn, A for the other side. E, I don't think I have actually ever captured that point.

I pretty much spend the entirety of a Conquest game running between D and C, sometimes B. Partly because of my class (Medic), mostly because of them placements of the other objectives.

I STILL haven't discovered any anti-tank options yet (other than a Grenade option for the Medic), but honestly, I have found myself on teams where a tank will be taken out more often than not.

I did go on a little spree in one though, which at the time I felt like I wouldn't have gotten away with in BF4 (as an example). I did eventually lose the tank to heavy fire and bailed. The AT Mines are just as gruesome as ever though as a tank driver, especially as at the moment I have no idea what to look out for. XD

Will also agree about the planes. But I do think a fair amount of my 'meh' attitude towards them is because I am useless with them. Only time I am killed by a plane is when I am in a plane. I personally haven't been killed by one on the ground, unlike in other BF games (but they were also supported by helicopters, that added to the aerial threat). Managed to kill one person on the ground during a brief moment as a passenger in a plane.

Still liking it. Not having too much trouble with snipers despite the map and considering it being an occurring theme as I read other impressions.