Gachi Battle List and Story Completion

ChaosBound

Gachi Battles and Story Completion

To obtain the platinum trophy in Battle Fantasia, you must complete 100% of all 12 stories. Completing every story will unlock all alternate costume colors as well as most photos in the gallery. There will be a percentage posted, telling you the progress for each person, on the character select screen.

To finish each story you have to lose and win against every opponent you battle (on both paths and in all Gachi battles). You must also complete every path in the game and complete every Gachi Battle.

Each story has two different scenarios to complete. I will refer to them as paths. In order to change the path of your current character, you must first complete a Gachi Battle.

A Gachi Battle is a fight that can change the outcome of a story. You have to complete certain tasks during a Gachi Battle to unlock a new path or just a different scene and a picture. Note: you must go back and defeat the opponents in Gachi battles again if you complete the conditions. The reason is because you will get a different scenario for completing the Gachi conditions, meaning you missed part of the story.

Below is a list of Gachi Battles and what to do. If there are consecutive Battles, you should try to complete them all in a row.

Steps:

1. Complete path 01. 2. Complete path 02. 3. Complete all Gachi Battles. 4. Clean up. If your missing any progress go back and make sure you LOSE to each opponent.

Note - Percentage Awards: 50% (Each Character) - Costume one. 90% (each character) - Costume two. 100% (all characters) - All story related gallery pictures

Urs:

Gachi:

Path 01: Olivia – Win by Time Out. Just make sure your HP is higher than Olivia’s by the end of the time limit. This will unlock path 02.

Path 02: NONE

Marco:

Gachi:

Path 01: Ashley – defeat with Dyna Rush (DCFx2+A/C)

Olivia – defeat with Dyna Rush (QCF+A/C). Olivia’s fight will put you on path 02.

Path 02: Freed, Donvalve, Face, Urs, and Odile & Dokurod – Defeat every listed character with Dyna Rush (QCFx2+A/C).

Cedric:

Gachi:

Path 01: Marco – change Cedric’s glasses, press QCB+R2 (appeal/taunt) five times during battle. You will then be put on path 02.

Ashley:

Gachi:

Path 01: Coyori – successfully use Appeal/Taunt (R2) in battle. This will put you on path 02.

Olivia – perform Steal Your Heart (close range HCB+A/C) once. You must NOT complete Coyori’s Gachi battle in order to get to Olivia’s.

Path 02: Donvalve, Cedric, Watson, Marco, Face – Defeat each opponent with any super move (QCFx2+A/C or QCFx2+B/D).

Urs – defeat using Air Romance Wing (heat up, QCF+A/B/C/D)

Olivia:

Gachi:

Path 01: Coyori – Attack Coyori with any standard D attack at least ten times; then, defeat her with a standard D attack. Completing this will unlock path 02

Path 02: Cedric, Odile & Dokurod – perform Shall We Dance (HCB+A/C) five times and defeat each enemy with any super move (QCFx2+A/C or QCBx2+A/C).

Watson:

Gachi:

Path 01: Cedric – defeat with Hip-de-bunny (jump then, Down + B). This will unlock path 02.

Odile & Dokurod – Defeat the duo with any super move (QCFx2+A/C or QCFx2+B/D). Do not complete Cedric’s Gachi battle if you want complete Odile’s Gachi battle.

Freed:

Gachi:

Path 01: Marco – Perform Magnum Jitter (hold back briefly, then forward + A/C) at least five times. Doing this correctly will put Freed on path 02.

Path 02: Donvalve, Urs, Cedric, Deathbringer – Defeat all enemies with any super move (QCFx2+A/C or QCFx2+B/D).

Donvalve:

Gachi:

Path 01: Coyori – Perform Hip-de-Don (QCB+B/D) at least once and defeat her with any super move (QCFx2+B/D or two 360 degree turns on the directional buttons + A/C then continuously rotate the directional buttons) or win by "time out". When this is done correctly, you will move to path 02.

I SUGGEST YOU WIN BY TIME OUT INSTEAD OF PERFORMING SUPER MOVES>

Coyori:

Gachi:

Path 01: Freed – Perform Throw (L1 or A+B) at least five times. This will unlock path 02.

Marco (Marco’s Gachi Battle Occurs on both paths) – Get a 15+ hit combo with Cat Storm (QCFx2+B/D). You must NOT complete Freed’s Gachi battle if you want to complete Marco’s.

Path 02: Marco (Marco’s Gachi Battle Occurs on both paths). - Get a 15+ hit combo with Cat Storm (QCFx2+B/D).

Face:

Gachi:

Path 01: Urs – perform Texas Knee (FDF+B) at least five times. Complete this to go on to path 02.

Olivia, Ashley, Face, and Freed (these Gachi Battles occur on both paths) – Defeat all enemies with Quick Shot (heat up, QCF+A/C or QCB+A/C).

Path 02: Olivia, Ashley, Face, Freed (these Gachi Battles occur on both paths). – Defeat all enemies with Quick Shot (heat up, QCF+A/C or QCB+A/C).

Deathbringer: To obtain 100%, you'll need to beat path 02 at least 3-4 times (Thanks, Rafael)

Gachi:

Path 01: Watson – Defeat with Final Inferno (QCFx2+A/C). This will unlock patch 02. Do Not complete Watson’s Gachi Battle if you want to do the other Gachi battles on path 01.

Donvalve – defeat opponent with Final Strike (heat up, three individual sword attacks).

Urs and Marco – Defeat with a Time Out.

Odile & Dokurod:

Gachi:

Path 01: Coyori – Perform Appeal/taunt (R2) directly after you defeat her. If you do it quickly enough, you will be put on path 02.

That's all! I hope it helps you achieve your goals. If there are any errors or suggestions, please let me know via private messege...Special thanks to GerckSid and Rafael

Edited by ChaosBound

you forgot to mention ashley in one of face's as a gachi battle, i'm not sure which path cause I seem to go against him in both..

Crap, I'll fix it soon. Thanks bud, keep finding those errors. I still have to add the one alternate we found for donvalve yesterday.

(beat coyori with timeout instead of super)

Edited by ChaosBound

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are you sure about the time out method win Donvalves story mode? I keep trying to do it that way but keep ending up on path one. Does anyone understand why that would be ? Unless time out means something other than time running out and the player having more health at that point.

Edited by Puppet Master

Are you sure about the time out method win Donvalves story mode? I keep trying to do it that way but keep ending up on path one. Does anyone understand why that would be ? Unless time out means something other than time running out and the player having more health at that point.

Time out is def. when the clock runs out and you are the winner. That's how it's done, I tested it two times (seperate accounts). did you ever do QCB+B/D before the time ran out? I usually use that move to run down the clock.

These story mode objectives are fairly tricky. Donvalve and DB were the hardest to get for me.

thanks for this guide, but I realized there wasnt any gachi battle in Freed´s path 2. anyway thanks.:)

It's been so long, I'd have to play through again. I wrote the strategies as I found them, so, Just beat those enimes mention in Freed's path two with a super move and see if you get a better percentage.

Ill try to play later and see if I find a better soution.

Time out is def. when the clock runs out and you are the winner. That's how it's done, I tested it two times (seperate accounts). did you ever do QCB+B/D before the time ran out? I usually use that move to run down the clock.

These story mode objectives are fairly tricky. Donvalve and DB were the hardest to get for me.

I'll try that later mostly just did as much damage as I could without killing the opponent than ran away till time ran out.

Yeah I missed doing that move that was my fault thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There is no Gachi battles on path 2 for Face.

Olivia and Ashley do show up on path 2, but no Gachi.

As for Freed and Face, they dont appear at all on Path 2.

Since I totally forgot to check it out... Thanks. I'll fix it sometime soon.

• 3 months later...
Ashley:

(...)

Urs – defeat using Air Romance Wing (heat up, QCF+A/B/C/D)

You made a little mistake here. QCF+A/B/C/D must be done Mid-Air. If you do it on the ground, it's a simple Romance Wing :)

To get 100% on Deathbringer's story you need to complete his second path more three times, you don't need to lose and win again... just win!

Deathbringer: To obtain 100%, you'll need to beat path 02 at least 3-4 times (Thanks, Rafael)

Gachi:

Path 01: Watson – Defeat with Final Inferno (QCFx2+A/C). This will unlock patch 02. Do Not complete Watson’s Gachi Battle if you want to do the other Gachi battles on path 01.

Donvalve – defeat opponent with Final Strike (heat up, three individual sword attacks).

Urs and Marco – Defeat with a Time Out.

To sum it up, here's what I did to get 100% on Death Bringer :

1st playthrough : I defeat everyone spamming HCB+:triangle:. Don't forget to lose & win every battle.

> Completion : 50%

2nd playthrough : I defeat Donvalve with Final Strike (heat up, 3 individual sword attacks), Urs with Timeout, Marco with Timeout. I defeat all the other characters spamming HCB+:triangle:. Don't forget to lose & win every battle.

> Completion : 90%

3rd playthrough : I defeat Watson with Final Inferno (QCFx2+:square:/:triangle:) then all the other characters spamming HCB + :triangle:. Don't forget to lose & win every battle.

> Completion : 95%

4th playthrough : same as 3rd. Now no need to lose, just win every battle !

> Completion : 96%

5th playthrough : same as 3rd. Now no need to lose, just win every battle !

> Completion : 98%

6th playthrough : same as 3rd. Now no need to lose, just win every battle !

> Completion : 100%

That's all and thanks for your great guide ChaosBound :)

Edited by superpj

• 8 months later...
To sum it up, here's what I did to get 100% on Death Bringer :

1st playthrough : I defeat everyone spamming HCB+:triangle:. Don't forget to lose & win every battle.

> Completion : 50%

2nd playthrough : I defeat Donvalve with Final Strike (heat up, 3 individual sword attacks), Urs with Timeout, Marco with Timeout. I defeat all the other characters spamming HCB+:triangle:. Don't forget to lose & win every battle.

> Completion : 90%

3rd playthrough : I defeat Watson with Final Inferno (QCFx2+:square:/:triangle:) then all the other characters spamming HCB + :triangle:. Don't forget to lose & win every battle.

6th playthrough : same as 3rd. Now no need to lose, just win every battle !

That's all and thanks for your great guide ChaosBound :)

actually you dont need to make a separate playthrough for the non-pathchanging gachis SO to save you a playthrough here:

1st playthrough : I defeat everyone spamming HCB+:triangle: EXCEPT: defeat don with final strike, urs and marco with timeout. Don't forget to lose & win every battle.

> Completion : ~54%

2nd playthrough : I defeat Watson with Final Inferno (QCFx2+:square:/:triangle:) then all the other characters spamming HCB + :triangle:. Don't forget to lose & win every battle.

3rd playthrough : same as 3rd. Now no need to lose, just win every battle !

:)

ALSO tip for donvalve gachi vs coyori: it never worked for me until i tried BOTH the b AND d versions of hip de don so hopefully that helps

Edited by nickyboy909

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A small note: you can absolutely do the Gachi battles at the same time that you complete paths. With the sole exception of Deathbringer, you need to play each story path only once, so you only need to complete a character story twice.

Also, I think you need to use Hip-de-Don 5 times in order to unlock Donvalve's second path (in addition to a finishing move/time out). I experimented with 1,2, 3 and 4 with time outs, and always was on path 1.

This is a good guide, though.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...