Please need help with player match trophy glitch

brafix

Hey all, I was boosting with my partner for 100 player wins, her got the 100 w trophy, and i never did, i even went about 20 wins past him and still it never unlocked. We had a few DCs along the way, and I am aware of the glitch where a DC can reset some progress.

I have no way of checking how many player wins I have, so what should I do? Are the wins stored in the save file? Will deleting that help? Or am I still under 100? I don't think I am, as we separated the boosting into 2 50 wins sessions, the 1st went fine.

I need help please , as I really want to get plat

You need to start up a new player match every few matches to make sure your wins arent deleted. It might also be worth noting that you should have your game's autosave set to ON. I lost a lot of progress because I didn't know the game didn't have autosave on by default.

For the player matches, I always made a new room after every 10 battles to minimize player match losses. There is no way of checking how many wins you have; only by getting the trophies for the 10/50/100 wins will you know how many wins the game saved. However, as long as your player match session hasn't been disconnected, your wins should have saved (assuming you have autosave on). If you have the 50 wins trophy then that much is saved at least (AGAIN, assuming the autosave was on...this really messed my run up).

You need to start up a new player match every few matches to make sure your wins arent deleted. It might also be worth noting that you should have your game's autosave set to ON. I lost a lot of progress because I didn't know the game didn't have autosave on by default.

For the player matches, I always made a new room after every 10 battles to minimize player match losses. There is no way of checking how many wins you have; only by getting the trophies for the 10/50/100 wins will you know how many wins the game saved. However, as long as your player match session hasn't been disconnected, your wins should have saved (assuming you have autosave on). If you have the 50 wins trophy then that much is saved at least (AGAIN, assuming the autosave was on...this really messed my run up).

Thanks for the reply.

That's the weird part, I had auto-save on the whole time and took breaks every 8 or 10 games. My partner, who was the only guy I played with, got his 100 trophy, yet I haven't and have won atleast 30 more games than him. I fear I have rolled over 100 nd will never be able to get it :(. I don't know what to do, save deleting my save, but I'm not convinced that the save file contains that data. It may be uploaded to a sever online like the ranked wins are.

I once had 30 ranked wins and didnt get a trophy. On my next win though, the trophy popped. The reason I didnt get the trophy on 30 was because the 30th win was a disconnect win. So I'm pretty sure you'll get your player match trophy even if you accidentally surpass 100 wins, as long as you win one more match.

Do you already have your 50 wins trophy? if so, I'd suggest you try a bit more just in the off chance the game didnt log some of your previous wins. Otherwise you probably should reset your save file. There are no gallery images unlocked by doing anything in network mode, so you could theoretically get all the singleplayer trophies in one save, and all the online trophies on another.

EDIT: You also said there were problems trying to get your last 50 wins? If there was any disconnect at all (other than the disconnect from hitting exit after a match) then those wins are not saved at all. That could have been the problem?

Edited by NinjaSpy

I once had 30 ranked wins and didnt get a trophy. On my next win though, the trophy popped. The reason I didnt get the trophy on 30 was because the 30th win was a disconnect win. So I'm pretty sure you'll get your player match trophy even if you accidentally surpass 100 wins, as long as you win one more match.

Do you already have your 50 wins trophy? if so, I'd suggest you try a bit more just in the off chance the game didnt log some of your previous wins. Otherwise you probably should reset your save file. There are no gallery images unlocked by doing anything in network mode, so you could theoretically get all the singleplayer trophies in one save, and all the online trophies on another.

EDIT: You also said there were problems trying to get your last 50 wins? If there was any disconnect at all (other than the disconnect from hitting exit after a match) then those wins are not saved at all. That could have been the problem?

Yeah, I already have the 50 trophy and they were no problems getting it, though on the way to it there were several DCs. I'd say, along the way to 100 we racked up 8ish DCs. We found out the hard way that accessing the XMB is more prone to cause a DC. However, we just kept pluggin away, and we both got 50 at the same time. However at 100, only he got it, so to compensate I got 30 or quick so wins but was still unable to unlock my 100. If, he got 100 after all those DCs, I should have too, we only played each other. So I don't know what to do, i'm kinda thinkin bout using my bros ps3, and just speed killing him 100 times with a new save, b/c frankly I don't wanna boost with someone else again and take twice as long. But my only concern is that it won't matter, as my wins may be saves on an Arcsys server online.

Edited by brafix

The player match wins go away after a disconnect because they are saved locally. Your game doesn't save wins/losses until you exit the player match session manually. If you have the 50 wins I still suggest using that save for the trophy, but you are right in thinking that a new save is the "safer" approach. If the player matches were saved on server, then nobody would be having issues with losing wins.

Ranked matches are saved on the servers, so that's why you cant lose ranked wins. Even better, a disconnect in a ranked match counts as a win for BOTH players, so you could theoretically d/c with a person 60 times, win the 61th, and still get the trophy. I'm surprised I haven't read about this on the trophy guide tbh.

I don't know guys, this isn't making any sense. I've gone like 40 wins past my partner who got 100 wins, and still it won't unlock. I'm pretty sure it won't ever, player wins are most likely stored serverside. This game disconnects too much, it's so damn annoying. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Does anyone have any other ideas?

OK, new information report, the ranked trophies are glitched too :/ I don't get what the hell is going on , but I got to 15 ranked wins (checked in the rankings) and still have yet to get the 10 rank trophy. This game is really buggy, and should be added to the impossible plat list with an asterisk saying that it MAY be impossible, but not always. It seems like I am screwed through no fault of my own.

EDIT: LOL, disregard the above, my 10 ranked trophy popped, however 7 or 8 matches too late! It appears ranked matches can be screwed with through DCs as well, as there is a disconnect between my matches won on the rankings and matches won for trophy unlocks. Perhaps my 100 player match trophy is still attainable? Maybe one of my freezes/DCs made me lose an ass load of wins? The good news is when my 10 ranked trophy unlocked, the wins onscreen said 11, which means it is programmed to pop at greater than OR equal to 10, so hopefully, even if go over 100 PM wins, it should, in theory, still recognize and unlock.

Edited by brafix

SUCCESS :) :applause:

Closure is a good thing :) After 150+ wins and I dunno how many dcs, i got the 100 wins trophy. Some things to share that I learned on the way.

Both ranked and player wins ARE stored server side. This is why they are so fragile, as the game has poor net code. Also notice that your save will not be overwritten if you only access the network area of the game.

While the online is somewhat glitched, I don't think you will ever run into a situation when it is truly unattainable. Just keep plugging away til it dings.

Edited by brafix

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I had your luck. I played about 70 games yesterday, over 50 manually quitting without disconnects plus another 70 today while trying to get my 50 wins to unlock!! No luck so far :( I even tried to get them all in one go but it disconnected at 45!!! AAARRRGGHHH!!!! ah well, I'll keep at it I guess

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I counted all my player matches, except the ones that were followed by a disconnect.

The first 3 trophies popped fine (1/10/50) but Warlock (100) popped after 121 wins... So keep at it

My theory is that you need to save your game before quitting to XMB. I manually saved my game yesterday, I suppose at ~30 kills, then I quit when I got the 50 trophy, and continued today. Took ~70 games for the 100 trophy, so be sure you save your game before quitting.

Edited by GIONAScm2