Few more tips for "You want me to WHAT?"

NinjaSpy

I'm pretty close to platinuming this game now, and I figured I would explain the infamous "You want me to WHAT?" trophy for this game. I haven't really found any good write-ups about this trophy except for the two videos posted on the trophy guide.

The way I got this trophy was basically by copying the strategy used on the trophy guide video ([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKed_rrLUQs&feature=related]BattleFantasia: I Gotta What... - YouTube[/ame]). This means you must learn to parry two of Deathbringer's attacks. If you've played 'Patapon' then the parries should be fairly simple after practicing them: Just tap the R1 button rhythmically. (If you're really having a hard time, a metronome may help, but that's pretty desperate). The hardest part of the parries is really the first parry, since in theory once you get the first parry the rest should just come from memorization of the rhythm. To parry the first hit of Deathbringer's charging attack I wait for him to say (EEH KU ZOH). Press R1 in the middle of the ZOH, or just right after it and the parry should come out. For the infamous Super that gives people the most trouble, I watch Deathbringer's hands to help me parry this attack. If you watch carefully, you'll notice that the screen freezes just when his second hand grabs the hilt of his sword. Press R1 the moment before his hand grabs the handle, wait on the animation of the super starting up, then continue with the parry once you see the flame pillars.

Trying to get this trophy with the in-game SFX may be more difficult to some people. Maybe it's just me, but I sometimes get the rhythm of the super confused while I'm parry the super. This is because I keep hearing the 'dings' of the successful parry, and my mind automatically wants me to press the R1 button at the sound of those dings. in reality, the "dings" noises are actually coming about a fraction of a second after you press R1; your R1 button presses should be coming a little before the dings for the parry to be successful. But this is just a preference things, and I still managed to parry his super (quite easily, after a few warm-up attempts) with the sound effects.

To practice getting used to parrying these two moves I suggest you put the game settings on Infinite time and at least more than 1 round. That way, you can keep practicing the parry timing without being bogged down by the timer or selecting a character over and over.

Speaking of character, I suggest using Urs for this trophy. He has a basic combo that is really easy to learn for getting this trophy, which is HEAT, Down+C, QCFx2 +C. Just like in the video, after you parry the charge attack, immediately HEAT, then just wait for Deathbringer to fall back down to the ground. The moment his feet touch the ground, finish off the combo. This is to ensure that your QCFx2 + C gets all of its hits on him. If you parry his charge attack you should always have 3 meters for which to pull this off. This combo also has the nice benefit of working even if you miss the QCFx2 + C timing. If you dont do the full 2 QCF's, sometimes you'll get Urs 'shoryuken' move, which also does a lot of damage while Urs is in HEAT mode.

Finally I should note here that Deathbringer's charging attacks can range anywhere from being a 7 to 9 hit parry. This is completely dependent on the spacing between you and Deathbringer. If Urs is positions at the complete opposite end of the screen, then you'll only need to be parry 7 hits. However, if you're even just a step away from the opposite end of the screen, it becomes an 8 hit parry; a few more steps and its a 9 hit parry. Just keep that in mind because there is a slight delay after his first 5(or 6, or 7) hits of the "charging" portion of this attack, as this attack transitions into a "shoryuken" portion. The delay is small, but significant.

Most of this information is in the video, so try watching that some more if you are getting lost (theres a lot of info in that video, just not in text). Again, if you want to go the "metronome" route, here is a free online metronome METRONOME ONLINE - free!. The super seems to be around 208 bpm, but you should experiment to make sure. Good luck to the two of you still trying to get this trophy.

I did it on hard just to have an easier time getting to Deathbringer, but I think some people suggest very hard just to make Deathbringer's attack pattern more exploitable? In the video he seems to use the charge attack right after he gets back up, and that may be because the person is backing up as soon as possible. In my experience (playing on hard), Deathbringer didn't spam that attack as much as in the video, but still quite a lot if you spaced yourself far away from him.

• 3 years later...