Should I get this?

Lord Tony

Yeah, if you have PSN plus it's free currently, so check it out. It's honestly a pretty terrible fighter, even if you're a 2d enthusiast, and the trophies aren't exactly easy to get. I tried to get the online trophies yesterday when I downloaded it and have had zero luck finding even one single person online. I figured with it being free at least someone would be on there lol.

Yeah, I would have thought having it free on Plus would make the online be alive, but it's not. Perhaps we could organize a day that is "BattleFantasia" day and we just get people to play on that day. I'd suggest something in the middle of the week like Tuesday or Wednesday (weekends seem to be more taken by more popular games).

I like the game, but mostly because of the parry system. I can see this game being very fun to play in local multiplayer because of the parries and the stupid-easy flashy combos.

It has its charm, but the online multiplayer is really terrible. Not only is it lacking people playing, the netcode is so bad that most of my games seemed to have had about a half second or more of delay, and random lag spikes.

In my opinion, this game seemed tailor made to be an introduction to fighting games (it was developed by Arc System Works, the developers of Guilty Gear and Blazblue), and it does an okay job at it. If you have a friend interested in this game as well, regardless of your friend's or your skill level, I would suggest trying this game out for some laughs.

I'm only playing it because I like fighting games, and I wanted to get this "impossible" platinum.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this way more than I thought I would. I'm not huge into fighters like this but it brings me back to the street fighter 2 days on SNES which I played forever. so I guess thats why i'm not into any of the new remakes, so as far as that goes it's really reminiscent of that in terms of play and combos and timing.. all timing.. and luck, lots of luck..

so short answer, FREE on PSN+ for US members, definite YES. this is exactly what makes the plus worth it... actually a ton of good ones this month.