Platinum Difficulty Rating

Woody

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv60/funkyweed/Difficulty%20Threads/plat_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.57

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am about 3 missions away from getting a gold and I will give this a 9. This game is not for the weary. I know 2 of them will come with time and a little luck but that fog of war is crazy hard.

EDIT: Got the platinum, wow this game does not mess around. I think the hardest part is sometimes you have to not think like a chess player to win.

Edited by Roughdawg4

• 8 months later...

I'm going with 7... This ones a tough one to judge. There's a lot of trophies that take maybe a couple of tries and a bit of luck to get, but are generally straight forward... Then there's the campaign. On first go I got over half gold on each campaign. The rest were cleaned up over a few turns with the exception of a couple which took quite a while... looking at pinning with a knight!!

In any case, I'm not going to give it a 10 because of a couple of campaign missions though. I think 7 sums it up pretty well.

Definitely makes you think outside the box, thats for sure! Great game

Edited by kraven_15

• 10 months later...

i give this a 9 and im decent but not great at chess in real life. i think for people who never played chess this plat is impossible. the chess itself is easy (got fritz chess as 1 of first trophies first match) but its campaign that hard. the ai is not that hard to win against but its the SPECIAL RULES that makes this freaking hard. seriously this is not chess but chess with rules that gives opponent an advantage. give me a super hard chessplayer or ai and i beat it but give me a hard chessplayer or ai with a few lame rules (mines, fog of war, demotion, promotion) and this was nearly impossible for me. the combination was very hard for me. i even give a few days up but yesterday i wanted to show i can plat it cause i always say im good chessplayer so i proved it i think now

also seriously fuck the 20 hours in trophy guide. it took me easily 70 hours. even if ur a chess god i cant see anyone plat this in 20 hours.

• 4 weeks later...

This is an obvious 8, strictly for the campaign, although the glitchiness of the trophies adds an extra difficulty element. However, I will keep my vote to an 8 based on the game itself.

I hate when people mess with the difficulty scale. I can understand the 5 vote, especially since the guide creator though this game was a 5 for himself, but no one could expect this game to rate as a 2.

When picking up this game, do not be fooled by low ratings of people joking.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Give it 5. Not hard to plat with PC chess programms

For those considering this game... this sentiment is questionable at best. As you've probably read around the forum, this is not a traditional chess game. The pieces are required to follow the legal moves of chess, but the strategy is completely different. A chess program can't help you with things like Fog of War, hidden traps, and especially the mode where, whenever you take an opponents piece, your piece turns traitor and changes sides. Believe me when I say... you cannot get this plat with a chess program alone. You also need a good amount of strategy and an even larger amount of luck (computer doesn't respond consistently).

You may indeed consider this difficulty a 5, but the challenges are not solved with a chess program.

• 4 years later...

I'm sorry but whoever voted a 5 on this is a moron. And whoever says this can be done with another chess program is also another moron.

Some trophies are easy and some can be done with a chess program if necessary.

But the campaign (order and chaos) are extremely hard. You're playing a stupid game against someone that is playing chess and by the rules. What else could be expected?

One of the main "strategies" of the game is stalling, by moving one piece back and forth. Which is really nice since you have a ridiculous amount of moves to check mate.

Getting several gold medals on the campaign are absolutely based on sheer luck. The first one will be "Gilead". Either the game will take a path that will allow you to reach the 11 required moves or it won't. And to get there it must be playing like an idiot, which is not that common. And this isn't the worse mission to get gold.

This is a solid 9, if not more.

Last, do yourself a favor and ignore the guide here, see the xboxachievements one.

Edited by cris3f

• 8 months later...

I voted a 10 as both a trophy hunter and someone who has 2 medals for playing chess, I thought the game was fun if not a bit shallow but damn the story modes were insanely unpredictable and it felt like luck more then making the right reaction.

For some reason the last trophy didn’t pop for me so I’ve never been able to cross this one of the list :( if anyone still has this game I would really appreciate someone playing one of each match type with me and maybe popping that plat! I would be happy to boost online for others too