Hoping for a good game!

TheRealClayman

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm... i only heard of this a couple of minutes ago... it was on preorder for the 19th or something? US$40. Might pick it up along with Fritz chess since I cant find Fritz anywhere except one place on amazon... chess is awesome... I hope this one will be good :D

A trophy list might be nice too aye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It looks like it might of been canceled for the states, Everyone that did have it for pre-order has taken it down. Now in the uk it looks like its going to be out in march, Amazon.uk and zavvi have it for a little under $30.

Yep its coming in march just ordered for £15 less 15% discount so around £12.74 not bad for a new release. I hope it's easy like fritz chess.

• 1 month later...

The reason for all the delays is a trademark problem with the games name "Battle vs Chess", which is very similar to "Battle Chess" (Interplay still have the rights). So I wouldn´t be too sure about end of march, we haven´t heard anything official about that release date or the lawsuit...

Form 8-K for INTERPLAY ENTERTAINMENT CORP

26-Oct-2010

Other Events

Item 8.01OTHER EVENTS

INTERPLAY ENTERTAINMENT CORP. FILES TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT

AND OBTAINS PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION TO PROTECT ITS BATTLE CHESS MARK

The Company filed a lawsuit against TopWare Interactive, Inc. to enjoin infringement of the Company's federally registered Battle Chess trademark and to recover damages. On October 21, 2010, the United States District Court, Central District of California, determined preliminarily that TopWare's use of "Battle vs. Chess" in conjunction with a chess video game is confusingly similar to Battle Chess. The Court issued a preliminary injunction prohibiting use of "Battle vs. Chess" by TopWare, its officers, directors, affiliated companies, and those acting in concert with the foregoing. "Battle vs. Chess" was to be co-published and distributed in the U.S. by SouthPeak Interactive Corporation. Following the ruling, the Company will continue to protect its intellectual property rights in the Battle Chess trademark against TopWare and others who are or may be contributing to the alleged infringement.

Interplay wins injunction against Battle vs Chess - NeoGAF

• 2 months later...

In Germany the game is out since the day before yesterday. But I can´t see it in UK or US stores (probably still legal reasons).

The game is quite fun so far, I just began playing it. If you have it, you are welcome to add me (ID: Nerix, "BvC ps3trophies" as subject)