Battle VS. Chess

krafty831

So I see this game on the trophies list and I have a fairly new interest in Chess as a whole and I would like to learn more about it. But from what I understand, they cancelled production on this game. I did hear that copies of this game were released, but I'm not sure if they are for US PS3's or not. Plus, I'd like to hear anyone's opinion on Fritz Chess to see if it is a suitable sub for the game I want.

Good luck on finding it. I got a copy on the way and it seems they will keep getting harder to find.

As for the gameplay, from what I gathered, its much harder than Fritz Chess but that's not saying alot either. Fritz Chess is fun, and you will enjoy it. Sadly these are the only two chess games so you will have to make due.

I kept seeing the release date for that game was getting pushed back. Seems they've finally released it now.

You can buy it from Amazon.co.uk (they don't ship to the US though) Zavvi don't have it and play.com still have it as a pre order.

Like Roughdawg said, it will keep getting harder to find in the future. It doesn't seem a very popular game.

I am not sure about the popularity part, but I do know they ran into legal trouble in the United States. The problem was their name was really close to the chess game Battle Chess and they won in court.

I have yet to play the game and I should be receiving it this week so its hard to tell but as one of only two chess games available I cannot imagine how bad it could be. Then again, I could be eating my words :)

I am not sure about the popularity part, but I do know they ran into legal trouble in the United States. The problem was their name was really close to the chess game Battle Chess and they won in court.

I have yet to play the game and I should be receiving it this week so its hard to tell but as one of only two chess games available I cannot imagine how bad it could be. Then again, I could be eating my words :)

They could have just done like Namco USA did with Tales of Eternia on PS1. There was an IP conflict on the title or something like that, and so they just renamed the game as Tales of Destiny 2(not to be confused with the actual Tales of Destiny 2 on PS2).

I got the plat on this game. It is a very nice chess game that will challenge you and hone your chess skills while playing the campaign mode.

There are two campaign modes (Order/Chaos) which translate into (White/Black) that are unorthodox chess matches where you have to achieve a certain goal within a certain number of moves. For example, some of the missions your opponent will have no queen, while others you have to checkmate with bishop or night. The degree of difficulty for some of the campaign missions is quite high, and you will find yourself redoing the same mission for quite some time.

However, you will learn certain patterns of the AI, and how aggressive it plays, meaning you have to adjust your usual method of play to counter the AI's.

There are three ratings for each mission (bronze, silver, and gold). One of the trophies requires you to get a gold rating on every mission and that won't be too easy.

There are a total of 30 missions (15 on each campaign mode), and another mode called Battleground in which you have to BATTLE the opponent with either a button mashing game or actual battle(i.e, not your usual chess match).

There's also an online mode where you can play classic ranked matches with a feature called fog of war (can be turned ON/OFF), where your opponent is invisible on the board. You can only see the opponent's piece if it's threatened by one of yours.

The last mode in this game is minigames, whereby you have to complete challenges and puzzles.

I recommend this game to any chess enthusiast, trophy collector with chess knowledge. It is a worthwhile plat which you will be very proud of.

P.S This game is much harder than Fritz Chess.

I would like to know it's if you use any program to help you :S

I'm having trouble getting the gold in the chaos campaign

and in the order campgain in this ones

- Rage (checkmate - but my pieces attack whenever they can) - only got bronze

- Smite Thy Foe (checkmate with bishop) - only got bronze

- Enemy Territory

- Heart of Darkness

I got some good chess programs but there is any program where we could simulate this options? like rage, attack whenever they can?