Trophy Bug "Bewildered"

Nerix

I know, most of you guys don´t have the game yet, but I just discovered the first Trophy-Bug:

Bewildered

Play a game to Stalemate (Classic Game, not Head to head)

I just did that, a classic game against the AI, and the trophy did not pop up. In the next days I will try to figure out, if there is a way to get the trophy anyhow.

Okay, it´s not really a bug, but a bad description...

Hope I can describe it in english: The AI has to set you stalemate, that means, that you don´t have any legal moves left.

It is also a stalemate if the AI can´t move any more (which is much easier to achieve), but then the trophy won´t pop up, so your side has to be the one, that has no legal moves.

Hope that is understandable...

I don´t have the trophy yet, but a very believable hint that this is the way it works.

EDIT: confirmed, it works that way.

But now the trophy "Torturer" seems buggy, it does not pop up when I set the opponent check with 5 different pieces

Edited by Nerix

I have 95 % of all Trophies, but I am not able to get "Torturer" and "Explorer", they seem to be glitched.Perhaps a mod can rename the thread to "Torturer and Explorer glitched"?

"Explorer": I tried everything, played every mode on- and offline (including the "Fog of War" Modes). This includes

- every formation in "New Game"

- every Formation in "Duell" and "Slasher"

- every game type online, listed and unlisted games (including fog of war)

- solved every puzzle, one timer, challenge

"Torturer": tried it on- and offline, even set the king check in 5 following moves with 5 different pieces (Pawn, Knight, Castle, Bishop, Queen).

I opened a thread in the publisher´s forum, there is a guy with a link to the developers. Perhaps it would be helpful, if a few guys could post there as well, if you experience the same problems: PS3 - Version: Trophies "Torturer" and "Explorer" glitched - ZuxxeZ Forum

EDIT: confirmation that "Torturer" is glitched: http://boards.topware.de/showpost.php?p=499318&postcount=5 They are working on a fix

EDIT 2: the "Explorer"-Glitch is also confirmed (I got a PM at the Zuxxez-Board). The statemant was, that they are aware of those two glitches, but they want to wait before releasing a patch, in case that there should be something else to patch.

Here is a checklist of all game-modes I have won, but no trophy appeared:

http://lnn.lima-city.de/Screenshot/BvC_Explorer.png

Edited by Nerix

• 3 weeks later...
I pre-ordered this game so I am really looking forward to it, but I hate playing games that are unachievable. Have you heard anything on this yet?

This thread sums it up quite well: PS3 - Version: Trophies "Torturer" and "Explorer" glitched - ZuxxeZ Forum

They have confirmed, that these two trophies are glitched ("Explorer" via PM, not in the thread). Like I said, they want to patch it, but they want to wait if they get more feedback regarding glitches etc. (to patch a PS3 game can be quite time-conusming, especially for small developers, because everything has to go through quality control at Sony; so they want to make sure, that they only have to do one patch).

I hope they will stick to their statement and release a patch in the next months... I have alle trophies except these two, that´s pretty annoying when you are so close to Platinum ;) Eventually it would be helpful, if someone else posts something in the above mentioned thread.

Edited by Nerix

• 1 month later...
I've just won a Classic game in less than 5 minutes and with 24 moves.

The Sprinter trophy unlocked, but the Strategist don't, hmpf... =/

Hmm, I had no problems with "Strategist". The mode was "Skirmish" and "Classic Game"? Try it again, it should work (perhaps you don´t get two trophies the same time ;))

• 3 weeks later...

FYI: I asked the publisher about the patch regarding BvC, the answer was, that it was already handed over to Sony and is awaiting verification. But they can´t say how long that will take (probably not Sonys top priority game ;))

And there is a workaround for the "Torturer"-Bug: in "Fog of War" mode, you can use the King to check the opponent, so the Tropyh is possible.

I have read that as well, I would assume it is just the PS3-Version, because I haven´t seen anyone, who was able to get "Explorer" on PS3.

But feel free to try it yourself, I would be glad if you could give us a work around ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone please provide an update if possible regarding the time of release for the trophy patch (if any), since its a shame that it can't be platted if you are already halfway through. Especially after getting golds on most campaign missions.

If the trophy glitches are not going to be fixed it would suck big time not be able to get the plat after spending so much time and effort playing this game.

I just can quote myself:

FYI: I asked the publisher about the patch regarding BvC, the answer was, that it was already handed over to Sony and is awaiting verification. But they can´t say how long that will take (probably not Sonys top priority game ;))

Otherwise I would suggest to directly ask the publisher or post in this thread: PS3 - Version: Trophies "Torturer" and "Explorer" glitched - ZuxxeZ Forum

I contacted the developers and received the following replies:

Hi

The patch is ready, but we still wait for the official release from Microsoft/Sony.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best regards / cordialement,

Hans-Joachim Saurma

Game and Technical Support

UNQUOTE

and

Hello,

We are just about to submit a patch to Sony.

Best regards,

Dirk P. Hassinger

board chairman

TopWare Interactive AG

UNQUOTE

No time frame though. I own the game so it wouldn't make that much of a difference to me.

Edited by leatherface7

• 2 months later...

Try to do it with a new save game.

The way it worked: First I made a backup of my save data, afterwards I deleted them. Then I have played and won the following modes:

- Online Ranked Game, Classic; Fog of War on and off

- Skirmish: Classic, Random, Tactical

- Battlegrounds: Duel, Slasher (one game each, classic)

- One win in Black and White campaign each

- Completed the tutorial (don´t know if that´s really necessary)

- Played and completed each Minigame once

I really don´t know why it didn´t work with the original savegame, but now it worked without a problem. But it doesn´t take long to get explorer and after achieving that, it is possible, to use the backup savegame again to keep your progress.

• 8 months later...