Assassin's Creed III Battle Hardened Pack DLC Trophy Guide & Roadmap

Darth_Krid

SjN4Uzi.png 

If you are not a registered member of PlaystationTrophies.org and have found this guide in a Google search or just by browsing the site, please

join the forums and become part of the friendliest and most helpful gaming community on the web! If you do join the forums due to this guide, it would be greatly appreciated if you would give this author, Darth_Krid, a referral.

Copyright/Rights of use

This guide is strictly to be used and reproduced on PlaystationTrophies.org ONLY. If I see it posted anywhere else, action will be taken unless full credit is given.

Credit:

GlennThomas - For the trophy guide banner.

MMDE - For the trophy guide template.

IonStorm and Cgamer48 -For boosting these trophies with me very quickly and efficiently.

Roadmap

Overview:

• Estimated 100% difficulty: 2/10 (Wolfpack skill dependent)
  • Offline trophies: 0
  • Online trophies: 4 (4 (S))
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 1 hour (if boosting), 2 hours (without)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: 1 Wolfpack, 1 Manhunt (+1 more of any match type for A New Challenger Appears)
  • Number of missable trophies: 0
  • Glitched trophies: 0
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies: No cheats available

Introduction:

The Battle Hardened Pack is the first piece of DLC available for Assassin’s Creed III. It can be bought off the Playstation Store for £7.99/$9.99 or downloaded for free if you have the Season Pass (£23.99/$29.99). The DLC gives you access to three new characters (the Governor, Highlander and Coyote Man) and three new maps (Saint Pierre, Fort St-Mathieu and Charlestown).

The four trophies available in this pack are the four silver trophies that were part of the trophy list initially released with the game. All four trophies can be easily boosted in Private matches. You will need a group of 4 boosters, as One for All is unobtainable for one player if you only have 3. If you wish to find a boosting partner, please post in the Boosting Thread here.

Walkthrough:

Step 1 - "A New Challenger Appears" and "Wolves for Lambs":

These two trophies can be earned solo in Wolfpack mode (choose "Wolfpack (Invite Only) - Standard - Extra Content Maps” in the Wolfpack Menu). You must complete a Wolfpack game on one of the 3 new maps by reaching and finishing Sequence 25. If you do this on your first or second try, start a new Wolfpack game with the other additional characters you haven’t yet used and let the time run out, which will count as finishing a multiplayer session with an additional character. This step will earn both these trophies:

(S)

A New Challenger Appears

(S)

Wolves for Lambs

Step 2 - "One for All" and "Stubborn Stunner":

These two trophies can be earned in either Public or Private matches in team-based games such as Manhunt. If you wish to boost the trophies, you will need 4 people, which can be arranged in the Official Boosting Thread here. Then, in the first 5-minute round, have the players on the attacking team earn the One for All trophy, and the defending team earn Stubborn Stunner, and earn the opposite trophy in the second 5-minute round. This step will earn you the last two trophies:

(S)

One for All

(S)

Stubborn Stunner

Edited by Viper
Editorial Sweep

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide

0B5.jpg  One for All (S)

With any of the additional characters, perform 20 ‘Revive’ actions.

To earn this trophy, you must perform 20 Revives with any of the three new characters. To revive a teammate, you must be on the attacking team in a team-based game such as Manhunt. Then, when a teammate is stunned by the defending team, you must approach them and press :circle: to Revive them before they get back up of their own accord.

This trophy is much easier to boost in Private mode. However, you will need 4 people instead of 3, as if you only have 3, the highest-levelled player will always be placed on his own in a team due to balancing. Therefore, this player will not have a partner to revive.

There is actually a way for just two players to earn this trophy. It takes a lot longer, but is perhaps less of a hassle since you only need to find one partner and not three. Thanks to Muthafodder for the method:

Muthafodder said:
The 20+ Revives can be done in a private Wolfpack game with a minimum of 2 players, this was also done on Hardcore to maximize the chances of getting stunned.

After Sequence 1, the enemies will begin to stun you, and you always have two targets.

One person will run into the two targets and kill one of them while the other player stands back at a distance and preferably out of the line of sight of the targets to better the chance the stun. The player that killed one of the targets will get stunned and the other player can then approach and revive.

The player performing the Revives can get in about three to four stuns before the time runs out, it's the average with this method.

This trophy is cumulative in two aspects: all 20 Revives don’t have to be earned in one match, and all 20 don’t have to be done with the same DLC character. Obviously though, they must all ultimately be done with the three DLC characters.

00D.jpg A New Challenger Appears (S)

Finish a multiplayer game session with each of the additional characters.

This trophy is very easy. Simply start a Solo Wolfpack game as either the Governor, Highlander or Coyote Man. It is best to do it in this mode as you can choose the characters yourself without having to worry about another member of your team choosing a different one. Once the game starts, simply let the time run out (it should be one minute). Once you’ve done that, choose one of the other two characters and do the same again. Do this a third time with the last additional character and the trophy will pop. You can also earn this trophy quickly by completing the Multiplayer tutorial with each of the three new characters (thanks to TigerLust for confirming).

Confusingly, when you are selecting your character, the game does not tell you the name of the character, which means that it is quite possible for you to select a non-DLC character. Therefore, the following images show the 3 DLC characters that you should use:

The Coyote Man

013684.jpg 

The Highlander

013685.jpg 

The Governor

013683.jpg 

474.jpg  Stubborn Stunner (S)

Stun 3 pursuers without dying, playing with any of the additional characters.

This trophy is extremely easy when boosted in Private mode. Firstly, you must choose any of the 3 DLC characters and be on the defending team in any team-based match (such as Manhunt) to be able to stun. Then, have players from both teams meet in the middle of the map and let each player on the defending team stun the attacking team three times each. This is done by approaching an enemy and pressing :square:.

This trophy should be done in conjunction with One for All, so that when an enemy is stunned, he is revived by a member of his own team to count towards that trophy.

This trophy can also be earned in Training Mode. Choose Introductory Session 3 and stun the 3 pursuers that the tutorial gives you. Thanks to DeepEyes for bringing this method to my attention and to ExodusAoA for the following video which shows this method:

5EA.jpg  Wolves for Lambs (S)

Complete a Wolfpack multiplayer session on any of the additional maps.

Depending on your skill at Wolfpack, this may be the most difficult trophy in the DLC. The description says you must “complete” a Wolfpack game, which means reaching and finishing Sequence 25. I personally found this much easier to do solo, as the number of targets and points threshold per sequence is less than with 2 players. However, this is just as feasible with a partner as long as you both understand the mechanics of Wolfpack and preferably have a mic to communicate. Do not forget that this must be done on one of the Extra Content Maps, which are Saint Pierre, Fort St-Mathieu and Charlestown.

As always with Wolfpack, maximising your score-per-kill is essential. Always look to fulfil the bonus objective for each kill, and aim to get a Focus, Incognito and Hidden bonus every time. You should also make the bonus targets that give you extra time your priority at all times.

Edited by Viper
Editorial sweep

*Reserved for future use*

All feedback and suggestions are welcomed, especially from those who did these trophies without boosting and can offer advice for those who don't want to boost.

Also, Mods feel free to move this into the DLC sub-forum once it's created :)

Edited by Darth_Krid

This video of ExodusAoA is by far the best and easy method to get Stubborn Stunner

Ah, excellent :) Thanks very much for bringing this to my attention. I had read that this could possibly work on the forum, but as I'd already boosted it, I had no way to check. Thanks mate :)

Stubborn Stunner (S)

Stun 3 pursuers without dying, playing with any of the additional characters.

This trophy can also be earned in Training Mode. Choose Introductory Session 3 and stun the 3 pursuers that the tutorial gives you. Thanks to DeepEyes for bringing this method to my attention and to ExodusAoA for the following video which shows this method:

Wow. That one can be done in the tutorial, of all places? I'm extremely surprised by that one. I never would've thought to even experiment with that. But I guess it makes sense, since last year with AC Revelations, you could get the trophy for the Greater Variety bonus on the new maps quite easily on the Training Ground all by yourself, too.

This should be good news for a lot of people, since if the ACR map DLC is any indication, there won't be a lot of people playing the new maps after the first week. Apparently, they once again have their own playlist and since not everyone buys the DLC, it will be much harder to find a match there.

Wow. That one can be done in the tutorial, of all places? I'm extremely surprised by that one. I never would've thought to even experiment with that. But I guess it makes sense, since last year with AC Revelations, you could get the trophy for the Greater Variety bonus on the new maps quite easily on the Training Ground all by yourself, too.

This should be good news for a lot of people, since if the ACR map DLC is any indication, there won't be a lot of people playing the new maps after the first week. Apparently, they once again have their own playlist and since not everyone buys the DLC, it will be much harder to find a match there.

It doesn't sound like you have to complete it on those maps though, just with the additional characters unless I misread. In which case it doesn't matter how active those map rotations are. The only one that would need to be done quickly is the Wolfpack one, but you can do that solo from the sound of it.

Edited by Shinta07

Yeah they do have their own playlist; they're under "Extra Content Maps", so they're not in the normal rotation.

You only need 4 people to boost the trophies though, so I don't see lack of activity being the problem as there's always people in the boosting threads and even people who have the trophies will help out.

Yes and I started it right away after I downloaded it. Already 2 trophies and the easiest ones (the 3 stuns in a row and play with the 3 characters). I hope I'll be able to get the complete wolfpack session (because I never was able to reach the final sequence in the past but I'll do it solo as one day I reached the sequence 24) and I don't worry about the 20 revive, it will take me a little bit of time but I already started the grind for it and I must be at around 10 or so. :)

Which one of the new maps is the easiest one to try to get the wolf pack trophy alone (Wolves for Lambs)?

Thanks! Great guide!

No worries, thanks to you for your earlier tip about the stunning in the tutorial!

Well Ion and I completed Wolfpack on Fort St-Mathieu as that was the smallest one iirc, so there was less distance to run to new targets. We only got to level 13 and 15 on the other two maps as we ran out of time.

was this a good game. Ive heard MANY good and MAAAAANY bad reviews about this game. Should I get this or revelations, im a huge fan but only have enough for one of these two.

That's a tough question. If you can only buy one, I'd get this one as it's much more important in the grand scheme of things story-wise, and it's packed to the brim with content (side-missions etc) whilst Revelations can easily be completed in under 10 hours. Revelations would be much cheaper now though.

The series has definitely lost something though; whether it's just getting stale and lacks innovation or it's something deeper, I really don't know. This game also has a lot of bugs/glitches (many of which have been patched, granted) and I have to say I enjoyed it the least of all 5 games.

was this a good game. Ive heard MANY good and MAAAAANY bad reviews about this game. Should I get this or revelations, im a huge fan but only have enough for one of these two.

Don't know if you've played Brotherhood or even II yet, but if you haven't, I would go for those first, as III isn't quite a finished product yet, and the stories are better in those games.

If you enjoy multiplayer, you should go for Revelations or III, and if you'd like a real challenge in multiplayer, get Brotherhood.

In my opinion the SP was great on II, good/great on Brotherhood, good on Reveleations, and least good on III.

Edited by Oo Ion oO
spelling

No worries, thanks to you for your earlier tip about the stunning in the tutorial!

Well Ion and I completed Wolfpack on Fort St-Mathieu as that was the smallest one iirc, so there was less distance to run to new targets. We only got to level 13 and 15 on the other two maps as we ran out of time.

Thank you! Gotta try =)

I agree that boosting the Revive trophy is the easiest and quickest way to do it, but for anyone who doesn't like boosting this is really easy to do in Wolfpack. You can choose your own character every time (which you can't do in any other team mode), and most other players in Wolfpack just rush the targets like crazy all the time. There's always that one guy who will go crashing into a group of 4 targets and get himself stunned, you just gotta hang back and pick off the revives. You're not gonna get 20 in one match, but you will after maybe 4 or 5.

I agree that boosting the Revive trophy is the easiest and quickest way to do it, but for anyone who doesn't like boosting this is really easy to do in Wolfpack. You can choose your own character every time (which you can't do in any other team mode), and most other players in Wolfpack just rush the targets like crazy all the time. There's always that one guy who will go crashing into a group of 4 targets and get himself stunned, you just gotta hang back and pick off the revives. You're not gonna get 20 in one match, but you will after maybe 4 or 5.

yeah, i have done this way....so many noobs playing!:dance:

Got all of the trophies without trying... as I tend to play a lot of Manhunt anyway and I'm usually the player with the most revives of teammates. :)

I had a lot of fun doing the solo Wolfpack maps, by the way. They are absolutely amazing and I especially love the night version of one of the maps... the one where there's buildings actually on fire. I wish more maps had such big differences between their day and night versions.

• Viper changed the title to Assassin's Creed III Battle Hardened Pack DLC Trophy Guide & Roadmap