Battalion 1944 - The Next World War II Shooter

Think of it like a more updated version of both CoD and Medal of Honor classics.

There is also a debate if this will have health/medic packs instead of regenerating health. :p

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Edit: Stretch goals video

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

My wishes have been answered. :D I really wanted a next-gen WWII game!

As long as it has a campaign mode too. What they showing looks like a multiplayer beta for their kickstarter. It's going to reach their goal for the funding.

here the link to their kickstarter page

And they're based in Derby. :cool:

I hope this has a single player/ story aspect and not purely multiplayer.

Same here. I won't be getting this if it's just competitive multiplayer.

A new single player campaign, hopefully somewhere we haven't seen before, would be great. This has been my issue with WWII shooters. Call of Duty had us raising the Soviet flag over the Reichstag in two separate games. :rolleyes:

I hope this has a single player/ story aspect and not purely multiplayer. I miss WWII shooters.

Yeah, same here, if it has a single player story, then I'd be all for it. I mean I enjoy Sniper Elite 3, and that's set in the same sort of time as well. But we'll see on what it brings before I decide on if I want to play it or not.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'll be sticking with Day of Infamy for the time being. I highly recommend you guys check it out if you need something to scratch your WW2 itch.

I've watched dev videos for Battalion 1944 and it's just awkward. I don't trust the team, I don't trust the game, etc. Will likely pass unless there's massive praise during its official release.

Edited by Tussell

• 5 years later...

Cancelled for consoles on August 2022 ending their partnership with Square Enix and is now just a F2P game for PC. This was probably too big and ambitious of a project to try and compete with EA's Battlefield and Activision's FPS juggernaut Call of Duty.  It is just a shame that the failure to launch on consoles despite the backing ruined the team behind the start-up studio.

Bulkhead Studio was acquired by Splash Damage on December 2022.

The project ended up being very controversial after the developers failed to launch the promised console versions despite selling keys for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One digital copies during the Kickstarter campaign. The development focused fully on the PC version and thousands of console gamers were left out of pocket with no game and no communication from Bulkhead.  The console version was officially cancelled on August 9, 2022, with the PC version going free to play.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battalion_1944

I am surprised the former studio was not investigated for fraud. Kickstarter's grey area apparently.