How to get out of the Royal Hotel (post-story mop up)

freakydan

I'm mopping up Enigma Datapacks after the end of the story, and have gotten to the Overview Bar. I'm done collecting in the Royal Hotel, but I can't seem to get out. The other door out of the room is blocked, and when I try to go back through the ballroom, the jack in the box is down, so there's no tight rope to walk on, and when I try to jump down, the game treats it like I'm falling too far, and auto-batclaws me back up to the platform I started out on. Anyone know how I can get out of here?

Having same problem- can't get out thru locked door or backtracking to elevator area- any ideas how to get out? I'm so mad Wb Montreal you suck and you are no rocksteady- had to start over- an when I get back here I'm doing all collectibles thru main story instead of going back later any help would be nice or is it a bug and you can't get out

So how did you get out- this is after doing the mission here- is it bugged or is there a way out in elevator shaft area room

Is there a way out after doing the main mission where you fight bane the first time?

You have to glide down to the rollercoaster and walk out the way you came from, it's just hard to see with the camera angle and it kinda makes you panic :D

Yes I can get out of roller coaster room- if you can't go forward you have to go back the way you came- how do you get out of elevator shaft room going toward parking garage-the way you went in- I can't get out from going forward to locked door after coaster room nor can I backtrack my way out to parking garage area- so I'm screwed

...I can't get out from going forward to locked door after coaster room nor can I backtrack my way out to parking garage area- so I'm screwed

Yeah that door is locked after the story stuff that takes place there, but why can't you get back to the elevator shaft? I had no problems going back - backtrack to where you zipline out the hole in the building, use the zipline to go back to the other tower, and the elevator shaft is readily accessible, and the elevator you rode up resets itself, so you can just drop down to it, and from there it's smooth sailing back to the hotel and the garage.

I do not remember zip linning in this area- I'm going to try an get them all thru main missions- should be able to get all with glue grenade an shock gloves- if the elevator resets I can't find a way to get down the elevator to it cause some fans are spinning an batman just grapples back up to the top- I think the game is bugged - so I started another annoying play through- WBM sucks - there no where near rocksteady- played asylum an city 25 x each- with no bugs!!!

I do not remember zip linning in this area- I'm going to try an get them all thru main missions- should be able to get all with glue grenade an shock gloves- if the elevator resets I can't find a way to get down the elevator to it cause some fans are spinning an batman just grapples back up to the top- I think the game is bugged - so I started another annoying play through- WBM sucks - there no where near rocksteady- played asylum an city 25 x each- with no bugs!!!

You release jack in the box to get the second ziplinethingy to progress further

Ok I can get out of that room backtracking to elevator area- everytime I drop down it automatically shoots me back up- can you get all the data packs when doing the main mission in there the first- that is what I'm going to try an do on a new playthrough- get them all at once - because it's either bugged or I'm very stupid at this point- spent 2-3 hrs trying to back track my way out

I do not remember zip linning in this area

You release jack in the box to get the second ziplinethingy to progress further

I'm not talking about the roller-coaster room. There are two towers in the mission, and in order to even get to the roller-coaster room you have to zipline between the towers using one of your gadgets.

Ok I can get out of that room backtracking to elevator area- everytime I drop down it automatically shoots me back up-

The elevator you charge resets and gets dropped back to its starting point when you progress through the level; when I went back, I was able to either drop down to it or glide to a point somewhere in the shaft - can't quite remember which, sorry. I had no problem getting out of the shaft though.

As far as getting the datapacks during the mission in NG+, if you have all your gadgets from the start it shouldn't be a problem - the datapacks are all on the way to the fight at the end and you should be able to access them all.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm collecting the rest of the data packs and I'm stuck in the lobby since I could not get out through the bar and I can't get to the elevator shaft. I seriously do not want to restart the game.:mad: how do I get out of the hotel lobby I'm gonna lose it if I don't figure this out.

Edited by ashleysweetie

I'm collecting the rest of the data packs and I'm stuck in the lobby since I could not get out through the bar and I can't get to the elevator shaft. I seriously do not want to restart the game.:mad: how do I get out of the hotel lobby I'm gonna lose it if I don't figure this out.

If you're in the hotel lobby (where the security office that lets you access the security cameras, earlier in the story, is), then you just backtrack and take the elevator back down to the garage, basically going out the same way you went into the hotel the first time.