Is it a good game?

Packie21

All bias aside,

while it treads pretty much on the same footing that Arkham city took, I thought that Origins turned out to be the better game of the entire series. Its not without it faults, of course (frame rate issues, poorly designed map legend, or rather, the lack of it etc) But I'm assuming the worst of the problems will be fixed via upcoming patches.

The reason I enjoyed this game so much is due to the story and presentation. Batman is done really well in this game...They didn't just explore the do-gooder caped crusader but they sprinkled in some hints of the turmoil and mortality that reminds us of his humanity. Its subtlety is what makes his character all the more powerful.

The Joker steals the show in this one to be honest. This isn't a roid raging joker or a deathly and feeble one. This is the dark, psychotic, sucidial and uncomfortable joker. They portrayed him the way he should have been portrayed in the other two games. Maniacal and scary living on his own twisted world as a victim and not a villain

[spoiler=951] really appreciated the nod they gave to the red hood and its presentation. Obviously an Ode to "the killing Joke"

Boss fights are the best overall in origins than the other two games.

and speaking of bosses. Am I the only one who was happy to see Bane get some respect? In the previous games he was nothing but a giant sized idiot ramming head first into walls...granted it still ended up turning out that way in the end: they have to justify what will happen in AA and AC I guess,

[spoiler=159]but you can tell that, with all the focus being on the joker, Bane is actually the biggest threat of them all

Nothing to mention about multiplayer since I haven't tried it at all,but I'm guessing there won't be anything worth mentioning.

All in all the game isn't the most convenient when comes to trophy hunting and I guess that will leave some people flustered and others denouncing it all together and have them laying blame on it being developed by an alt group. But, when all is said and done I actually think its equal, if not better, than Arkham City. Granted its not a giant leap in quality but its great. When, or if, they patch it then it will become that much more of a solid game.

Edited by VindictivePotato

I'm having an incredible amount of fun with it. Only a few hours in and from a storytelling perspective, it's really engaging. There's a pretty crazy twist early in the game. The gameplay feels just the same with enough new stuff to keep it fresh.

I like the Dark Knight system which rewards you for certain actions and challenges. The entire gameplay feels like it got a refreshing coat of paint and is more streamlined. Visually, the game looks about the same as the other two, maybe a little better. As far as the voice acting, I've already gotten used to Roger Craig Smith as Batman, and holy shit, Troy Baker's Joker is almost spot on for Mark Hamil.

My only complaint is without the Riddler trophies and challenges and stuff, the city feels a little empty. There are "Enigma" extortion data packets, Anarky tags, and more to collect though, so it makes up for it somewhat.

I've not run into any of these so called "bugs" people keep complaining about. The game has run perfectly fine for me.

it might be worth it once its patched, but I'm thinking that it shouldnt have been released yet until some things were resolved.

I've yet to manage an hours worth of play time because of what people are calling "frame rate issues" - i'd go so far as to say for me, it will run at anywhere between 1-8 fps, rendering it basically unplayable.

I'll come back to it after some patches have come, but even that has left a sour taste in my mouth.

not going to look at the multiplayer just yet.

I absolutely love this game in spite of all the framerate drops.

I really can't see why people wants to nitpick on every single little minor flaw this game has. Multiplayer aside, the single player part is really well written and as potatoe wrote ealier, the portrayal of the joker in this game is absolutely badass.

The combat system is amazing and everyone saying otherwise needs to learn to play properly in my opinion.

I love the amount of stuff to do with side mission and once you learn not to fast travel the game doesn't freeze either and if you are forced to fast travel, simply press start and reload the game and framerate issues are gone. This does require some patches though, but i don't see why this game is getting so much hate. Sure it's impossible to live up to the masterpiece arkham city was, but this game isn't bad at all in my opinion.

Edited by Obie83

Getting this 4 xmas and cant wait but cant understand how I keep hearing its like the other 2 games but then I see reviews and I gets a 4 out of 10 and other reviews say its not great,

I was the exact same man. How can City get high reviews and then Origins even though it's almost the exact same get lower reviews :think:? I'm enjoying it a lot, I think City is still my favourite but I still love this game and I'm confident you will too :applause:.

It's great so far. i'm loving the more badass batman and better boss fights. Basically if you loved the last 2 you'll love this game too. All multiplayer trophies can be boosted too, some are way too hard legit :(.

And to think I got Predator Paragon naturally without trying :whistle:

Fun game but very buggy. Not as good as the last two either - especially from a story perspective. Make no mistake - this is Arkham City reskinned.

Looks an easier plat then the other 2. Is there no fighting mode trophy like the last 2?

Trust me it isn't easy, challenge maps, campaigns, custom challenge maps and then really tricky predator and combat challenges to do in the main game. New game plus and I am the night mode.

That's not even mentioning the multiplayer...

I personally liked both Asylum as City more, but it's still a great game. I haven't tried the MP though, because I can't seem to be able to find a match. I'll try to find people online once I have actual time to spare (not willing to find boosters like on this forum, just play online and use my actual skill).

Edited by Lowie Kobalt