Game of the Year Edition problem

Dinos

As a huge Batman fan I bought this edition immediately when it came out but never went after the DLCs due to new games constantly coming out.

Today I decided to start B:AC using the GOTY edition, problem is that right after the five first minutes when the cutscene with Catwoman begins the game gives me the following message: "The Game Data is corrupted. Delete it to play the game."

No matter what I do the game won't work, I tried Google Search but came up with nothing..

I really don't know what to do.:(

Unfortunately this is a common problem and Rocksteady couldn't give a big enough damn about it to fix the problem :mad:: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/batman-arkham-city/249652-game-data-getting-corrupted-museum.html there are a few links in the above thread that may help but all you can do is pray it fixes itself :(.

I remember when this game first came out that there were a lot of complaints about this issue and Rocksteady said they'd look into it but nothing came of it :(. Here's a couple of threads from the week this first came out:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/batman-arkham-city/129863-game-data-corrupted-you-must-delete-game-data-play-game.html?highlight=Data

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/batman-arkham-city/130006-corrupted-data.html?highlight=Data

• 4 weeks later...
It's common enough to be a problem :(.

Damn. That's moderately depressing. Although I've been pretty lucky with other games having game-breaking bugs and me not getting them. So maybe I'll luck out again *knocks on wood*

It probably won't keep me from playing the game, especially since I loved AA

Damn. That's moderately depressing. Although I've been pretty lucky with other games having game-breaking bugs and me not getting them. So maybe I'll luck out again *knocks on wood*

It probably won't keep me from playing the game, especially since I loved AA

I did not experience any issues with my GOTY edition, so perhaps I lucked out. I did not know this was an issue until I saw it on here. The worst that ever happened was the game would freeze in certain areas, but not enough to stop the game. So, my guess is that it depends on your luck and the copy you pick up.

I did not experience any issues with my GOTY edition, so perhaps I lucked out. I did not know this was an issue until I saw it on here. The worst that ever happened was the game would freeze in certain areas, but not enough to stop the game. So, my guess is that it depends on your luck and the copy you pick up.

I picked up a new copy so the disc should be in pristine condition. Hopefully nothing happens. Minor freezes I'm fine with

• 4 months later...