I don't fucking believe it

ZOLANTON

So I was at the end of the first playthrough and I was finishing the side missions. I have found all 400 riddles and stuff. So when I was finishing the Identity Theft mission after the encounter with the surgeon and when he locked the gate, I quickly hacked it and exited the building. Nothing happened so I decided to go back and saw if anything happened. The scene played again and I was locked once more. But this time I can't hack the gate. Nothing happens when I point my gadget there.

Have I encountered a game-breaking glitch? I cannot 100% the mission now unless I open that gate which I can't. And this means I can't go for Perfect Knight 2.0. Is there any way to fix it, other than starting from the beginning and doing everything again??

EDIT: Searching and searching the Internet this appears to be a game-breaking glitch. Nothing that I have tried works to restore this problem. Reloading the checkpoint, exiting the building, restarting the game, going to do another mission and then coming back, nothing, I still can't use the cryptographic sequencer. This is not just a bug, it's a game-breaking glitch, one that can fuck up your game and throw away 40-50 hours of gameplay that you have by that point, not only trophy-wise but also for the in-game 100% that I always aim for. I am giving up on this game and in the Batman series after this, just deleting this piece of shit and never dealing with it ever again. I will not waste another 50 hours of my life to do those 400 riddles again and do the story + side missions not once, but two more times in total. I tried to start again and came up to the part where you go to the huge furnace to interrogate Joker and then I realised that it's just a big waste of time.

Edited by ZOLANTON

The game does feature too many risks of being corrupted to not have its own individual manual save option.

What happened to you, happened to me on the Arkham Asylum which was no where near as bad. But if you do try this again at some point. Have 2-3 memory sticks, and that way you can sort of create your own manual save files to prevent stuff like this happening again.

Yes, this is exactly what I do during this second attempt. I have been back-up'ing my save data every time I quit the game. Even that, however, almost didn't fully work since the game data was getting corrupted each time I was entering the museum.

For now everything is fine, I am almost done with the New Game Plus leaving only the combat and predator challenges until the platinum. I can't wait to finish this buggy/glitchy game for good.

Yes, this is exactly what I do during this second attempt. I have been back-up'ing my save data every time I quit the game. Even that, however, almost didn't fully work since the game data was getting corrupted each time I was entering the museum.

For now everything is fine, I am almost done with the New Game Plus leaving only the combat and predator challenges until the platinum. I can't wait to finish this buggy/glitchy game for good.

Ouch, sorry to hear about that buddy, hopefully you can finish it up with no more problems.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread title sums up my feelings perfectly as I discover that in order to get the Perfect Knight Day 2 trophy, all the requirements have to be on a single save slot. I have all the Batman Riddler challenges and campaigns done, painstakinginly, in the first save slot, which was on Easy. Meaning I can't start NG+ on it. I'm about to shit my pants in roaring rage.

What the fuck, Rocksteady? Why do you keep doing this shit?

Edited by Antiristus

• 6 months later...