Day 2 idiocy.

Jooles

Do I really want to get shot down by OP-guncarrying thugs on the FUCKING WORLD MAP when I'm just going through the motions getting that grind-trophy, e.g. going for a Zsasz-phonebooth or searching for assault-victims? I fucking think not.

I loved AC the first time around, but I wanna fucking break the disc at the moment. It's not fun at all. I don't mind being forced to fight Bane at the higher difficulty, for example, but when I get shot down or get swarmed by thugs that for some fucked-up reason think they can best Batman so that I have to "Secure area to continue", then I get thoroughly annoyed. Badly executed, fucksteady. Don't do this shit in Arkham Knight.

Do I really want to get shot down by OP-guncarrying thugs on the FUCKING WORLD MAP when I'm just going through the motions getting that grind-trophy, e.g. going for a Zsasz-phonebooth or searching for assault-victims? I fucking think not.

I loved AC the first time around, but I wanna fucking break the disc at the moment. It's not fun at all. I don't mind being forced to fight Bane at the higher difficulty, for example, but when I get shot down or get swarmed by thugs that for some fucked-up reason think they can best Batman so that I have to "Secure area to continue", then I get thoroughly annoyed. Badly executed, fucksteady. Don't do this shit in Arkham Knight.

Its an 8/10 difficulty rated game mate. I totally understand your point of view, but you have to understand that Rocksteady seem to aim the Batman games towards the more hardcore gamers with high end gaming skills.

And if you think story mode can be frustrating, wait until you try the combat rooms. The game is near impossible to 100% and only a few have it on all platforms.

I don't see what the problem is. You can avoid the gun thugs or any thug when going for assault's and I'm sure you can answer phone's even if there is thugs coming at. Do you have batman fully upgraded? If you do then taking them down should be very easy & if you don't then you should be fighting as much as possible. Are you in NG+? because the higher difficulty & no counter icon's can be a pain at first.

The point I was trying to make that I was done with everything in NG+ except a multitude of sidequests, and by then, I'm just REALLY not in the mood to fight some fucking mobs on the world map because I gain literally nothing from it, nor do I feel like being shot down by thugs with guns (because again, I sure as hell am not planning on stopping to fight those either).

But yeah, AC is really fucking hard. I truly hope they get rid of the campaign challenges, though, because those are like playing a game that checkpoint-fails hard (like Alice: Madness Returns).

I didn't mind Shock & Awe (Extreme) in AA, but that was because I could try and try and try and try again. But in AC, I'm forced to go through the motions on the earlier stages in the set because I'm having trouble with the last one, and that's not okay.

I reiterate. I DO NOT MIND it being difficult (i.e. Ranked); I DO MIND when my time is being wasted. (i.e. Campaign)

Edited by Jooles

Patience is the key. By taking them out and saving the game (by entering a building, for example), they will not respawn (until the story is progressed). I believe they'll only respawn after the final boss, but don't quote me on that because I haven't started the New Game+ yet.

It's certainly true in the Main Game's case; I know because I've dealt with every thug in the game, whether they were in my way or not. I'm going for Level 100, so the extra experience is nice! :D