How to tackle combat rooms?

BrakoV5

Hi everyone,

Been playing the predator modes for this beauty even though I sworn to throw in the towel. Truth is, is that the game is just too amazing to keep on the shelf and give a sad face to.

So far I have three predator ranked rooms left for each character. The idea is to get those out of the way and then tackle the campaign modes which I imagine is the hardest part of the game due to so few retry attempts (truly stupid move on behalf of Rocksteady me thinks).

Anyway I wanted to ask about the combat rooms as those will be a problem for me. For the likes of Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing am I best just to stick to hit, jump, hit, jump, build up combo and use two button move and then repeat?

Also for campaign mode for each character, I take it I have to try and complete it in one go, I can't play a few rounds, save and then have another go some other time?

The combat rounds are awfully easy for all the characters because the swarm attack that you can use every 5 hits in a combo (Batman has bats, Cat has the whip, Robin the stick and Night the little electrical sticks) so basically you can just hit-jump-hit-jump-swarm and repeat it, my advice is take care of the little ones first and left the big for last and if you can destroy the shields and the swords of the ninjas in the combo for don't make it fail (not that matter so much, here you can lose your combo like 3 times and still get enough points).

You mean complete ALL the campaigns in one round? that's utterly crazy but up to you. the campaigns are divided in 3 sections of 1 predator and 2 combat or 1 combat and 2 predators. In any chance, my advice doing them is this;

- ALWAYS PUT ALL THE PENALTIES IN THE COMBATS!, as said before, the combat ones are so easy that you don't need any help but the predator are hard.

- If you have 2 predators and 1 combat, make sure of be able the first predator without use any advantage, that is because as is your first place you can fail all that you want and no problem but when you beat it, you are left with 3 tries that you should use in the last predator with buffs to make it easier.

- If you have 2 combats and 1 predator, put all bad stuff in the first combat for the same reasons.

- Practice the predator stages to know it and don't frustate so much.

The predator stages can be hard and that's why I strongly recommend see a video in the extremes stages that give you troubles, when you begin to use the others characters is when you realize how godly is Batman.

Edited by Fire Emblem

See this depends if you're doing combat challenges through Campaign mode(mix of predator and Combat), or just the Combat Cycle manually.

What I would advise for the campaign modes: Use all the tough ones for Combat and the simple ones for the Predator modes.

For just the one mode: My best advice is to chain as many different combos without using any takedowns. If you use too many, it will bring down your score due to breaking your free-flow combo focus, which doubles with each hit.

Ok how do I take down certain enemies?

The big clown guys on I think the funhouse combat room. Is that the three stun move or do you hit, dodge, hit? Sorry for asking but the combat part is what I've done the least and not played the game properly since May.

So big clowns.

Shield guys I know you need the three stun or one stun and then keep hitting. What about the sword girls? I could never get that backwards counter dodge to work.

Any other enemies I should know about in the later stages?

Cheers guys.

You mean complete ALL the campaigns in one round? that's utterly crazy but up to you. the campaigns are divided in 3 sections of 1 predator and 2 combat or 1 combat and 2 predators. In any chance, my advice doing them is this;

The reason I it had to be done in all one go was because I completed a round and then it went straight to the next. I quit and then the 3 medals I got from the combat round never saved.

So its three rounds and then I can save, back out and play again later?

The big clown guys on I think the funhouse combat room. Is that the three stun move or do you hit, dodge, hit? Sorry for asking but the combat part is what I've done the least and not played the game properly since May.

So big clowns.

Shield guys I know you need the three stun or one stun and then keep hitting. What about the sword girls? I could never get that backwards counter dodge to work.

Cheers guys.

Triple stun TITAN enemies and counter weaker enemies while you are beating the crap out of the TITAN.

For shield guys, stun and jump over them, so you perform an aerial attack.

Sword Ra's Al Ghul ninjas won't be hit sometimes. You'll need to counter or jump, as your next hit will be slower than theirs. Other than that, they are not hard to beat, and I believe they are even weaker - health wise - than the other goons. Also, stunning and hitting them is a fast way to defeat them.

For sticks, jump over them and hit'em in their backs.

The reason I it had to be done in all one go was because I completed a round and then it went straight to the next. I quit and then the 3 medals I got from the combat round never saved.

So its three rounds and then I can save, back out and play again later?

Yes. You have actually 4 attempts to beat the 3 stages. Combats are far too easy, compared with some Predator. For the Predator, just take your time, and learn the main strategy like Robin's Police Brutality (Extreme). If you manage to do the hardest medal the way the video did, you will be good if you take your time. Trying to do everything as fast as in a video is not much advised here, as you have limited tries.

Just got 'Top of the World' predator maps in ranked mode to do for each character, and I think I that Robin and Nightwing have an extra predator room that has to be done... yes?

EDIT: Top of the World will have to be done another day. Takes me roughly 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete each predator room due to trial error. Not enough hours left in the day to play. Got weekend off though :D

Edited by BrakoV5

So big clowns.

Cheers guys.

I am guessing you are talking about the Titan thugs? For those guys you have to Ultra Stun them, then hit them. What I usually do is I try to get them away from thugs, Ultra Stun them, then hit them until you grab them.

While hitting them, you will more than likely have other thugs hit you, but you can counter them without messing up the Stun on the Titan. The hard part is getting the Ultra Stun in, after that it is a matter of hitting and countering :)

Can I just ask one more thing about the campaign challenges.

Lets say I beat the first contest which has three rooms, combat and preds. Ii then beat the next three challenges and have a bunch of medals.

Now on the last challenge I struggle and I fail all three attempts. Do I lose every single medal collected? So lets say I need 114, I have 111 and the fail the last challenge due to running out of restarts. I take it thats why the game is rated 8/10?

Just got to do 'Top of the World' predator challenge with Nightwing and Robin, plus there other pred room but need to find out which one that is.

Lets say I beat the first contest which has three rooms, combat and preds. Ii then beat the next three challenges and have a bunch of medals.

Now on the last challenge I struggle and I fail all three attempts. Do I lose every single medal collected? So lets say I need 114, I have 111 and the fail the last challenge due to running out of restarts. I take it thats why the game is rated 8/10?

Just got to do 'Top of the World' predator challenge with Nightwing and Robin, plus there other pred room but need to find out which one that is.

For the campaign ones if you fail 3 times say you're on your third and final room yes, you lose the medals in that campaign, and you have to restart it all over again. As for the rest of the medals earned from other challenges they don't get touched only the rooms that were on the campaign map.

For the campaign ones if you fail 3 times say you're on your third and final room yes, you lose the medals in that campaign, and you have to restart it all over again. As for the rest of the medals earned from other challenges they don't get touched only the rooms that were on the campaign map.

Surely this should have been platinum'd difficulty 10 then?

I mean anything that results in you having to start from the beginning, be it human error or the slightest adjustment in AI, this should surely rank it has being on of the most difficult games to platinum/1K?

Surely this should have been platinum'd difficulty 10 then?

I mean anything that results in you having to start from the beginning, be it human error or the slightest adjustment in AI, this should surely rank it has being on of the most difficult games to platinum/1K?

I hardly found it difficult at all tbh. I think I gave it a 5/6. The best you can do for the campaign is to use the annoying medals with the combat map's then use the ones that actually "help" you in the predator maps.

Well I've just done all the ranked predator rooms thats required for each character.

Played the funhouse combat room and quit by the 2nd-3rd room. There's just too much crap going on to enjoy. Horrible camera mode like in AA breaking the combo most of the time, so many characters that you can't tell which ones you can hit normally or have to do a stun etc.

I just can't gel with the combat rooms in any of the Batman games. Its too elite gamer driven for me. With AA there was a very short number of rooms where in about 2-3 I got the platinum due to luck. There's just way too much of it in AC to get by on luck.

Just done the first 4 combat maps with Batman, Robin and Catwoman. Can't get past round 2 of the 3rd combat room with Nightwing because his stupid double hit animation wrecks the combo meter.

Tempted to look for a trophy unlock program to get this shit out of the way.

I love each character in this game, and I wish Nightwing had more of a story section. I just don't think he's suited to the combat rooms.

Um, I think so, actually. Personally, the game is extremely easy besides NightWing and Robin, but that is just me. Just take your time with the Predator challenges, and remember you can ALWAYS get one objective done at the beginning of the stage, easy. :)

Um, I think so, actually. Personally, the game is extremely easy besides NightWing and Robin, but that is just me. Just take your time with the Predator challenges, and remember you can ALWAYS get one objective done at the beginning of the stage, easy. :)

Predator rooms aren't my problem me ol' sunbeam. I really did enjoy them by the end. My problem is and always will be with the combat rooms themselves.

Just cannot do Funhouse.

Its definitely been the decider in my not buying Arkham Knight. Both games have stressed me out when it came to the challenges. And thats what I hate, both had the most amazing single player story experiences that a gamer craves for. To then change the tempo so much that you need to be an entirely new style of gamer.

Edited by BrakoV5

Predator rooms aren't my problem me ol' sunbeam. I really did enjoy them by the end. My problem is and always will be with the combat rooms themselves.

Just cannot do Funhouse.

Just build combo's up. The higher the combo the more points you get instead of using :triangle: to block their attack evade them instead using :cross: twice. Much easier. Also try to mix moves, since you get tonne of points at the end for different amount of moves you use.

Just cannot do Funhouse.

My advice is if you are in a tight spot remember you can jump over any enemy to give you some breathing room. Even the Titans can be jumped over, but it is best you leave them until you have an open area, then Ultra Stun them, then attack. You can also break enemy weapons apart to give you an edge if you do not mind losing a few points in your combo.

My advice is if you are in a tight spot remember you can jump over any enemy to give you some breathing room. Even the Titans can be jumped over, but it is best you leave them until you have an open area, then Ultra Stun them, then attack. You can also break enemy weapons apart to give you an edge if you do not mind losing a few points in your combo.

Its the camera that f**ks me over the most mate. One minute I'm facing someone, the next the camera spins and wrecks my combo, and gets even worse when the game either does a slo-mo or just starts lagging. .

I've had enough with the game. I enjoyed it for a while because Predator modes feel like the actual game itself, but the combat challenges just make me miserable. I truly hate those modes.

Cheers for the help anyway gents.

Edited by BrakoV5

Its the camera that f**ks me over the most mate. One minute I'm facing someone, the next the camera spins and wrecks my combo, and gets even worse when the game either does a slo-mo or just starts lagging. .

I've had enough with the game. I enjoyed it for a while because Predator modes feel like the actual game itself, but the combat challenges just make me miserable. I truly hate those modes.

Cheers for the help anyway gents.

Take a break and come back. The challenge modes, especially the combat ones, can give anyone a hard time. I sounded like I was a pro or something, my apologizes, mate. Try and play another game in the meantime, then go back to it as you never know what will happen! :)

Take a break and come back. The challenge modes, especially the combat ones, can give anyone a hard time. I sounded like I was a pro or something, my apologizes, mate. Try and play another game in the meantime, then go back to it as you never know what will happen! :)

Will do me ol' mucker.

Its not that the game is bad, its so good that I keep coming back even though it stresses me out. It would be ace if I could get it done though. NG+ is a bit of a cool feature for me this time around. I love the game to bits, but its the challenges that ruin it for me.

It was the same with AA, but with that it never had a NG+, so when I got the challenges done I was just glad the game was finished. This time around I think NG+ will make it feel like it ends on a very enjoyable high.

Got to be the best, most difficult, game I've played.

Need 60,000 for Funhouse combat room. Got 59,990... Was gutted and nearly rage jumped out the f**king front window. I'm on the third floor though so glad I held back.

Got it with the next attempt though, but then failed repeatedly on the jail combat room. Need 32,000 but I can't get more than 28k due to that f**king cheap camera which destroys combo's and makes you face the wrong way all the f**king time!

Tried the funhouse with Catwoman but got as close as 45k. Was tempted to snap the disc in half.

The funny thing is though, I'm not even bothered about the BrakoV5 profile anymore. I'm certain that GTAV's future DLC is going to destroy the completion. But what I want to do is know that I can plat it so that someday I can then do it again for the KV ID.

EDIT:

There is no way I can continue this. This is beyond difficult. That f**king camera just screws me over every single time. Getting my combo broke so many times that I can't even learn and progress. No way I can purchase Arkham Knight. This is the effect both games have had on me. Going from taking part in a work of art, to being stressed out. Not good.

I know its spitting my dummy but the difficulty of this game is ridiculous.

Edited by BrakoV5

• 2 weeks later...

In combat, the points come from building up the multiplier. You can pretty much forget everything else as long as you keep your combo going, especially in round 3 and 4 where there are enough enemies to really get it high. Get the five hit combo, do a bat swarm, adjust the camera during the bat swarm to face the largest group of enemies, strike three times with good timing so you get at least two critical hits and the combo counter lights up orange again, bat swarm and keep repeating.

When you do the strikes, no one should beat you to the first one after the bat swarm unless a guy who barely got missed by the bat swarm is rushing in. Look for those blue markers that warn you about attacks and be ready to block. If you are not sure (a block without an incoming enemy attack to block breaks your combo), do a jump over somebody (or just jump away, but be careful - a jump that flips over someone keeps your combo safe, but you only get one jump away between strikes or you lose your combo).

One thing that will make the strikes safer is to look for directions where there are enemies several feet away but no enemies near you. If you are zipping 10+ feet across the room to smack somebody, none of the enemies coming where you were standing can hit you (be ready to block if one follows right after you, especially if they have a bat or pipe). During the bat swarm, try to plan out your three attacks. The third attack can be right back where you made the first one, so you really only need the second target to be a distance away.

As for the campaign, try to burn two or three of the negative modifiers during the first challenge, because that one you can restart as many times as it takes. Each campaign has three challenges - you have to beat them in one sitting. Once you get all 9 medals in a campaign, you are done with it for that character. Failing another campaign will not affect it.

For the Top Of The World predator, I have a lot of success hanging (literally hanging) from the outside of the building. From the starting platform, you can jump up to the railing (if the R1 prompt is green, you are targeting a gargoyle, which you don't want. If it is white, you are targeting something else), and then go hand over hand around the whole building. There are three balconies, each of which you can use to pull down two or three enemies (you need to far enough away from a previous victim that the warning about being to close goes away). Pull down as many as you need to thin the numbers, but leave enough enemies to get the medals (and remember with three enemies left on the non-extreme version, one enemy takes a hostage, limiting what you can do with him).

Watch out for mines - the mine guy will sometimes put them in the middle of a balcony near the railing. The mine will go off if you try to go past it while hanging and you will fall to your death. Mines are your friend though - you can detonate two with your device from a gargoyle perch for easy kills.

Getting out of the ledge is easy - R1 to a gargoyle. Getting back is trickier - you want to glide to the starting platform and climb up again. Catwoman can get an R1 prompt to jump from the gargoyle down to the ledge in places, but the others very rarely get it.

There are also two open windows to go in and out of the building from the ledge, in the long part of the ledge without balconies. One window will take you to an upstairs crawl space that you can operate from if you spot solo enemies - always watch out for mines though. The other window offers a small passageway that goes right into the main floor, which puts you in a much more exposed place.

Predator rooms were easy to be honest. Once again I truly enjoyed them. Yeah there were moments, but thats the kind of challenge I like in games. Nothing soul destroying, but enough to make you feel chuffed when you eventually do it.

I never truly got the fascination with Bat-swarm. To be it just stunned a few people and thats it. The camera still f**ks everything up. But I'm enjoying Fallout 3 too much and seeing as I have many games to play, I will not waste any more times with Batman AC combat rooms.

Took 6 hours in total to not get past the 8th map, in Fallout 3 and other games I'd have spent that nicely progressing.

As I said on many occasion, this game is truly well made, but the trophy list is built for the more elite skilled of gamers. I refuse to let one of my fav hobbies be ruined by stress.

Predator rooms were easy to be honest. Once again I truly enjoyed them. Yeah there were moments, but thats the kind of challenge I like in games. Nothing soul destroying, but enough to make you feel chuffed when you eventually do it.

I never truly got the fascination with Bat-swarm. To be it just stunned a few people and thats it. The camera still f**ks everything up.

The Predator challenges were a bit annoying to some extent to be honest. I mean, you can get one objective done right as you start, but I prefer the combat challenges. For some reason, they just seem more enjoyable to me - as learning how Batman himself, knows all these martial arts is incredible.

The Bat Swarm is okay, but I would use it to get out of a situation. The camera seems fine to me, but what is nice is the invincibility in brings if you are about to get hit - as it works on Titans too.