What the F**K?

I've never seen such a bulsh*t combat system ever. It's not the fighting that bothers me, I actually love it. But the goddamm bullets. No matter what the hell I'm doing I get killed near instantly, is there no bullet repelent or something that Wayne has, he is smart enough.

Sorry to rant but honestly, how to survive against people shooting?

First stealth, one by one silent takedown. If not possible...

Second, use the weapon disruptor, 2 armed enemies will become blue as their weapons jams. If too far for it...

Third, any noise takedown, like Glide Kick or anything that instantly kill - like a ledge takedown. Now that you attracted attention...

Fastly immobilize any blue enemy to not waste time (freeze grenade is great for it) and keep pressing :cross: to close gap to gunners.

Use any gadget avaiable to disarm when at range, batarang or claw usually.

If all above fail, drop smoke and fly like hell away :D

First stealth, one by one silent takedown. If not possible...

Second, use the weapon disruptor, 2 armed enemies will become blue as their weapons jams. If too far for it...

Third, any noise takedown, like Glide Kick or anything that instantly kill - like a ledge takedown. Now that you attracted attention...

Fastly immobilize any blue enemy to not waste time (freeze grenade is great for it) and keep pressing :cross: to close gap to gunners.

Use any gadget avaiable to disarm when at range, batarang or claw usually.

If all above fail, drop smoke and fly like hell away :D

/End Thread

• 1 month later...

Much like Batman himself states at many times, guns are an inevitable worry, since he's no supernatural being. This meaning most of the times you're not supposed to leap on armed guys in the first place, so you should try to silently hunt them down one by one. Which sometimes takes an incredible amount of patience, due to the enemy disposition and the almost too perfect synchronization between their movements.

But even if you end up fighting armed thugs, there are plenty of ways to disarm them: throwing those almost homing batarangs, :l2: + :triangle: for that quick batclaw disarming technique, that other combo when Batman completely wrecks a gun, preemptive disruption of up to two weapons with the device Mr. Freeze gives you... And on top of that, enemies are awfully slow when loading a weapon, making an absurdly loud noise in the process, which is clearly meant to make it possible to notice them beforehand. Most of the times, just hitting :square: in their direction will do the trick, as Batman will magically fly backwards over 15 meters and stomp the face of the poor guy.

• 3 months later...
I've never seen such a bulsh*t combat system ever. It's not the fighting that bothers me, I actually love it. But the goddamm bullets. No matter what the hell I'm doing I get killed near instantly, is there no bullet repelent or something that Wayne has, he is smart enough.

As well as advice given by others, you also have to remember what the suit is made of.

Did you watch The Dark Knight? In that he needs a suit that is more flexible, but this sacrifices the likes of kevlar armour. You could sort of imagine the same being the case for the games, as in the games he moves even more in combat.

Also the suit was only for a visual protection to conceal his identity, and work as visual scare to his enemies.

As well as advice given by others, you also have to remember what the suit is made of.

Did you watch The Dark Knight? In that he needs a suit that is more flexible, but this sacrifices the likes of kevlar armour. You could sort of imagine the same being the case for the games, as in the games he moves even more in combat.

Also the suit was only for a visual protection to conceal his identity, and work as visual scare to his enemies.

I totally agree with you but watch again the Arkham Knight demo from E3, his suit is made out of steel now.

What part are you at? Have you tried Knocking them out via Stealth Takedown? That is that only thing I can think of. :think: Plus, my advice for guns in combat is they are priority #1 when they come into the field!

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...
On 4/4/2014 at 1:13 AM, franchiseboy83 said:

my problem isn't necessarily the guns, it's with batman being slow as fuck. he will walk up to someone and can't punch them first, unless he is countering. the whole counter thing is gimmicky and shitty imo. you ARE button mashing, it's just that you are mashing triangle rather than square...