Why does the guide recommend Cat Woman?

RJPX

Catwoman can access to places where Batman can't and she can help to get some of the riddles of the Dark Knight (necessary for the platinum).

When you finished the game, it unlocks a new mode called "New Game Plus" where you keep all the gadgets, upgrades and riddles of the main story but it is a harder story besides you have to do ALL the side quests again (yes, you have to do it twice).

If I get, that should answer your question, otherwise just ask again and I'll try to help.

I mean by what the trophy guide describes mostly. It says its best to take advantage of cat woman for plat. and that you need to do all the side quests for both play throughs. Yikes. Will this be a difficult plat.? Had some trouble with AA as far as the predator challenges were concerned. I think they kind of pushed my limit and really forced me to learn the game, definitely.

Catwoman can access to places where Batman can't and she can help to get some of the riddles of the Dark Knight (necessary for the platinum).

When you finished the game, it unlocks a new mode called "New Game Plus" where you keep all the gadgets, upgrades and riddles of the main story but it is a harder story besides you have to do ALL the side quests again (yes, you have to do it twice).

If I get, that should answer your question, otherwise just ask again and I'll try to help.

That definitely answered my questions, but IS Cat Woman necessary, or just beneficial?

So far really loving this game, its like AA mostly, but better slightly thus far. I really like the open world Metrovania aspect, if I ever get around to platting this, it will certainly be a very satisfying one.

For what I remember, it is mostly benefical but not necesary (don't sure).

If the predators of the AA make you suffer and not the combat ones, then bad luck dude because in AC the combat are a lot easier and the predators are harder than the original.

It is a longer platinum than AA (even more if you want the 100%, not only the plat) but personally I felt harder the Asymum, maybe because it was the first time playing a game like that.

I was wondering if I should start my new game + playthrough yet, I have 326 of the riddles. Haven't needed cat woman, but do you need to do the riddlers hostages twice as well? So say I started new game + now, the 3 hostages I've saved so far do I have to save again, or would the remaining 3 be in new game +? I just have Amusement Mile, Industrial, and Steel Mill to complete. Plus like 7 physical challenges.

Also, can I do some of the challenges like the campaigns and all that while playing new game +, or after?

The NG+ is a "new" file, which means that you will have to rescue the hostages, the physical challenges, the phone thing, the red stalkers and all the side quests.

You can do it in the order that you want, which mean that you can 100% the NG+ and then the "normal" and it will be fine.

Holy... the physical challenges in the Riddler section off the collection stuff? UGH! They aren't hard but that is super annoying, there's at least another hour... Now I can see why not everyone plats. this in one go. >.<

Is there a way to bypass Cat Woman story or will that be included in NG+ as well? I was going to do Harley Quinn's revenge but. Maybe not. XD

Hold on a second, the fighting challenges and the predator challenges that you play outside the story are NOT mean to do it twice for the plat, with once in enough (but you will have to do it 4 times for the 100%).

I think that was a way for don't do the story of catwoman in the main story but can't remember how of if was possible at all.

Harley's revenge is awesome, play it, don't think about it.

I may to get a break from all the other nonsense do HQs Revenge, cause I never knew what the campaign maps were... OMFG now I know, these intimidate me. Not the combat portion since I completed all the regular combat challenges with relative ease, but I am so bad with predator... Even in the story I am. Yikes... I might not be able to plat. after all, I need probably 4 more hours with NG+ at this point with it all, but I may not be able to complete the campaign maps I'm afraid. The only combat challenge that had me retry 4 times was the one you needed 60,000 in extreme. Idk how I will force myself to improve with predator at this point cause I feel so bad with that part of the game.

I completed two of the campaign maps just to test it, but don't know if I can do it tbh like I've overly stated already. XD

I'm also afraid to take a break from this at all, in case I forget the way the game works. Like, AA I played late last year and had already forgotten everything going into this game.

Edited by RJPX

Tips for the campaign maps;

1.- Combat maps are easy because of bat swarm, put all the bad things on it.

2.- Predator maps are hard, practice in them before try it in the selection until you be able to do it, LOOK FOR guides in youtube, you can be surprised of the powerful that is Batman (even more when you compare him with the other characters)

3.- Put all the good stuff to the Predator challenges like the instakill batarangs, the faster crouch, the no mines and things like that.

4.- Don't give up.

In a former post of yours did you say something on how you have to do campaign maps and combat/predator twice or did I read that wrong?

Yeah, predator will be a pain in the ass I think there were some tough ones in AA like one was zip lining 3 enemies or something. Uh, I wonder if there will be any time limited predators? If so... yikes! XD

Right now it looks like my total progression is 89% or 90%. I have a few side quests to wrap up in NG+. Then I have like 7 ordinary predators, then 9 more campaign maps I believe.

Maybe after doing all the side quests I'll just do HQs Revenge stuff. I play this mostly sober, but my last few hours I have a few drinks so those hours I try to focus on the easier stuff so I don't get disoriented or frustrated during the harder tasks.

What I said is what you only need to do the campaign maps and combat/predator once for the platinum.

If you want the 100% of this game, you will need the campaign and combat/predator 4 times (Batman, Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing).

There is no timer in the most of the predator challenges for what I remember, I think it was 1 or 2 where is but don't sure

What I said is what you only need to do the campaign maps and combat/predator once for the platinum.

If you want the 100% of this game, you will need the campaign and combat/predator 4 times (Batman, Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing).

There is no timer in the most of the predator challenges for what I remember, I think it was 1 or 2 where is but don't sure

I have 3 more predator maps normally. As well as 2 campaign maps. Seems like the bottom 4 on the predator list will give me most hell. Natural Selection I tried following from PYXs guide seems to fast and I get gunned down quick was real hard to do. The other two as well, really don't know how I'll do it.

I got for campaigns: Double Jeopardy, and Predator Master.

For predator I have: Natural Selection(e), End Of the Line(e), Lost City(e).

For this all I extremely doubt myself in being able to do it. I could only do NS on campaign from one of the challenges cause I got a free medal. I cant seem to do the shock wave in that small room.

Edited by RJPX