Getting 100% with GOTY

prozendaal

When I first platinumed the game, I had the standard disc version plus the Catwoman DLC that came with.

I got the platinum and the 100% with the Catwoman DLC. :dance:

I recently got the GOTY edition and I don't have any of the progress that I had previously (turns out the GOTY edition doesn't use the same save). :(

So, I have to unlock the Riddler Challenges to get the challenge maps (so I can get 100% in the Nightwing and Robin DLCs).

But my question is how many riddler trophies do I need to get? Do I have to collect them all again? :think:

Thanks in advance :)

I'd use this guide: Batman: Arkham City FAQ/Walkthrough for Xbox 360 by oldschool312 - GameFAQs Jump to the riddle sections (if my link doesn't already redirect you to that) and look for the riddles which unlock X challenge map. It's a very detailed and comprehensive guide, should be sufficient enough for you.

Let me know, if you need anything else ;)

Edited by Gutwhip

You don't need to get every riddler trophy again. There are certain Riddler trophies that will unlock a challenge map. You just need to know which Riddler trophies that unlocks them.

The link Gutwhip posted above is a good source, but it doesn't list every Riddler trophy that can unlock a challenge map. So pick up every Riddler trophy that you see on your way even if the link above doesn't say it unlocks anything. There are more Riddler trophies that can unlock a challenge map, then the number of challenge maps. Also ignore the challenge map name that are listed in the above link since they unlocks in order.

Thanks all for your comments. I don't have to gather all of them, just certain ones that unlock challenge maps.

I remember when I played through it the first time, I used an interactive riddler trophy map (I think it ran using flash or something like that).

I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Guys, I know it's not the thread, but since you are talking about something similar...

I just bought the GOTY version aswell. My problem is that I saw in the cover 20 minutes after I left the store that the expiration date for the DLCs is 03/31/2013.

I wanna know if it really expires, or if this is something like EA's online pass, where you are guaranteed to have that, and anything happens, you just download it again?

I also read around that the DLC comes with the copy of the game, inside the disc, and the only thing you'll get by the code that expires is the movie Batman: Year One. Is that also true?

I just bought the GOTY version aswell. My problem is that I saw in the cover 20 minutes after I left the store that the expiration date for the DLCs is 03/31/2013.

Really? Where? Ive looked all over my copy and I don't see any dlc expiration date. I bought my copy 3 weeks ago and haven't had any problem accessing the dlc's.

Really? Where? Ive looked all over my copy and I don't see any dlc expiration date. I bought my copy 3 weeks ago and haven't had any problem accessing the dlc's.

Unfortunately, I bought a Brazillian version of the game. It comes written in the same red box that they announce Harley Quinn's Revenge.

I already installed the game and I saw a lot of trophies from the skins that should come with the game (Arkham City Skins Pack, I guess), and I'm assuming I have the DLCs, since I have this trophies and I think I have the Harley Quinn's Revenge, but I'm still a little confused as a lot of stuff is locked.

Can anyone confirm if the game comes with all the DLCs or if I need to download them? The game came with no code aswell, and the manual says that I can play as Catwoman if I redeem my code... Getting kinda desperate... =P

Edited by FamiliaWerneck

Unfortunately, I bought a Brazillian version of the game. It comes written in the same red box that they announce Harley Quinn's Revenge.

I already installed the game and I saw a lot of trophies from the skins that should come with the game (Arkham City Skins Pack, I guess), and I'm assuming I have the DLCs, since I have this trophies and I think I have the Harley Quinn's Revenge, but I'm still a little confused as a lot of stuff is locked.

Can anyone confirm if the game comes with all the DLCs or if I need to download them? The game came with no code aswell, and the manual says that I can play as Catwoman if I redeem my code... Getting kinda desperate... =P

You shouldn't need to download anything since all is included in the disc. Even the Catwoman DLC is included (wasn't on the original disc and probably why that text is still there).

Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC is available from the start so that will be easy to see if you have. To check the Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman DLC's you can simply find one Riddler's trophy that unlocks a challenge. After unlocking at least one challenge, you can see if you can play as one of those characters.

If you want to see if all your skins are installed, you can do it without beating campaign by entering this code: Left, Left, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down. This will let you change Batman skin in your first playthrough.

Edited by Etopiax

You shouldn't need to download anything since all is included in the disc. Even the Catwoman DLC is included (wasn't on the original disc and probably why that text is still there).

Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC is available from the start so that will be easy to see if you have. To check the Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman DLC's you can simply find one Riddler's trophy that unlocks a challenge. After unlocking at least one challenge, you can see if you can play as one of those characters.

If you want to see if all your skins are installed, you can do it without beating campaign by entering this code: Left, Left, Down, Down, Left, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down. This will let you change Batman skin in your first playthrough.

Ok, thanks a lot for the explanation. Just one last question. Won't I loose my guarantee if I play the game?

I mean, if I get a Ridler trophy to find out about the other heroes packs, won't it be considered playing?

What about the Batman: Year One movie? How do I get that?

Ok, thanks a lot for the explanation. Just one last question. Won't I loose my guarantee if I play the game?

I mean, if I get a Ridler trophy to find out about the other heroes packs, won't it be considered playing?

I thought you said you already installed the game. But yes, you need to play the game in order to see if the DLC's have been installed. If you are allowed to play the game or not (if you want to send it back), probably depends on the store you bought the game.

Don't know what you mean with the Batman Year One movie. If the store promised you that movie, you might want to contact the store. The game doesn't come with the Year One movie.

There should be a code within the box. It should be a little piece of paper about the Batman: Year One movie with a code to unlock it in the PSN store. Just have to go to the store and put the code in at the top where it says, redeem code.

I thought you said you already installed the game. But yes, you need to play the game in order to see if the DLC's have been installed. If you are allowed to play the game or not (if you want to send it back), probably depends on the store you bought the game.

Don't know what you mean with the Batman Year One movie. If the store promised you that movie, you might want to contact the store. The game doesn't come with the Year One movie.

It's the law. If you got something people promised different, you have the right to change it.

They created guarantees for that. You can change, but under some circunstances. You can't use and there's a limit date.

My problem is that the game came with no code. If I install and play, I technically loose my guarantee. But if I don't, I'll never know if I do have those DLCs in my disc or not...

Also, I don't really care about the Batman: Year One movie. But still, I paid for that, I want that. What can I be loosing too, that ain't in the disc and I should be able to download?

This is just wrong...

There should be a code within the box. It should be a little piece of paper about the Batman: Year One movie with a code to unlock it in the PSN store. Just have to go to the store and put the code in at the top where it says, redeem code.

My problem is that nothing came along with the game. No redeem codes.

That's why I wanted to know if the DLCs came in the disc or if I had to download them...

I am so grateful for the GOTY edition. For the longest time, I didn't have an efficient way to hook up my PS3 (fat) to the internet so I couldn't download any DLC. It annoyed me that I wasn't able to pick up any of Catwoman's Riddler trophies. And, if it wasn't for Iceberg Lounge, I doubt I would have been able to get the Platinum/Freeflow Trophy.

• 4 weeks later...
I'd use this guide: Batman: Arkham City FAQ/Walkthrough for Xbox 360 by oldschool312 - GameFAQs Jump to the riddle sections (if my link doesn't already redirect you to that) and look for the riddles which unlock X challenge map. It's a very detailed and comprehensive guide, should be sufficient enough for you.

Let me know, if you need anything else ;)

Following his guide will not guarantee you unlock all the challenge maps. You basically need to complete the game once and then pick up any riddler trophies that aren't preset to giving you things like character models, stories, etc. It seems you need to get to certain parts of the story in order to allow riddler trophies to unlock challenge and campaign maps. I purchased the GOTY edition to get all the DLC and wanted to unlock the challenge maps so it quickly became apparent how the unlocks work.

My suggestion if anyone wants to unlock the challenge maps quickly is to talk to the riddler at the church to unlock the interrogation thugs (to view the riddles on the map), do 4 AR training missions to enable the boost grapple, complete the game once ignoring all side missions and riddler trophies, and when you're done, just go back and pick up all riddler trophies that are quickly accessible. You'll see at the end that you can pick up completely different sets of riddles to unlock the challenge maps than what is listed in Oldschool's guide.

Alternatively, pick up any riddler trophies along the way until you pick one up that doesn't give you any rewards like character models, stories, or a challenge map. Once you pick up one of these, don't pick up any more until you complete more of the main story.

Edited by TigreBoo

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, thought I'd post this here instead of starting a new thread.

I have the digital version of this game from psplus last year, but I haven't started it yet. Seeing as it's very low in price now, would it be more beneficial to grab the GOTY edition on disc with all the DLC included, than play through the digital edition and buy the DLC seperately?