Which Batman game is harder to platinum?

I have Arkham Asylum on the way to my house from Gamefly and I already own Arkham City (although back when I bought and played through it, I wasn't really a trophy hunter yet) and I was wondering which game is harder to platinum? I would like the add both to my trophy collection eventually but I would like to know which one I should try to tackle first.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asylum is harder.

City is a joke and is just time consuming.

Yeah, I just read your thread of the same title(this is a joke) and after reading around both on this forum and the Arkham Asylum forum. I have reached the obvious conclusion that everybody seems to have more trouble with Batman AA rather than AC. I keep reading about this infamous Shock and Awe Extreme challenge and it seems pretty daunting. Batman AA is sure to arrive here at my home tomorrow from Gamefly and although I've heard so much about it being a difficult platinum to obtain. I'm going to go ahead and go for it anyway. Although it does sound like I would have been better off buying rather than renting this particular title.

Edited by DeathMask Divine

Arkham Asylum was harder for me. Mainly the challenges though, whereas both stories are pretty easy. Arkham City challenges felt pretty easy after doing Arkham Asylum, but that might be because I got used to the combat system etc.

I'd advise you to start with Arkham Asylum.

Arkham Asylum was harder for me. Mainly the challenges though, whereas both stories are pretty easy. Arkham City challenges felt pretty easy after doing Arkham Asylum, but that might be because I got used to the combat system etc.

I'd advise you to start with Arkham Asylum.

Gotta agree with Nille here start with Arkham Asylum purely because the story line and gameplay from both are truly amazing. For me definitely Asylum was the more difficult. and I think it was only because of the challenges.

Some of the challenges in City weren't a cake walk some of them were pretty unforgiving although definitely easier than asylum

AA is much harder. I keep meaning to go back and try the challenges again, but from what I remember of replaying the game is that your combo can break much easier.

Yes, it seems to be very easy to break our combo multiplier, basically if you mistime a counter or strike at an enemy and miss, your combo is gone. Obviously, if you get hit that also breaks it. It's pretty frustrating, I'm still struggling with the freeflow combo of 40 trophy. Best combo so far is 35.

Yes, it seems to be very easy to break our combo multiplier, basically if you mistime a counter or strike at an enemy and miss, your combo is gone. Obviously, if you get hit that also breaks it. It's pretty frustrating, I'm still struggling with the freeflow combo of 40 trophy. Best combo so far is 35.

You are better off ignoring the counter prompt in that game. Sometimes it does not even tell you when the enemy is attacking so you are best off watching the enemies' heads for those signs of an attack. I also think when you counter you have to move the :ls: in the direction of the attacking enemy as you press :triangle:. Been too long to remember.

I just knocked out Arkham Asylum. Shock and Awe (Extreme) was a bitch, but, I'm done now and about to re-visit Arkham City. I've already beat the game once before, but, that was before I really got into trophy hunting so I guess I'm going to start on New Game + and hopefully I'll be able to complete everything from that point forward.

I just knocked out Arkham Asylum. Shock and Awe (Extreme) was a bitch, but, I'm done now and about to re-visit Arkham City. I've already beat the game once before, but, that was before I really got into trophy hunting so I guess I'm going to start on New Game + and hopefully I'll be able to complete everything from that point forward.

If you beat Shock and Awe (Extreme), then now you will most likely see how piss easy Arkham City is.

Arkham City. Just because there's much more to do, not necessarily harder.

If it is not necessary harder, why did you answer Arkham City being the harder game to his question? Time consuming =/= difficult.

After loading Arkham City up I realized the I wasn't familiar with some of the mechanics in AC and kept trying to revert to all the combos I used back in AA which were only effective part of the time. So, now I've decided to go ahead and completely start fresh on my AC quest for platinum and started a new game on normal difficulty. It kind of sucks, playing through this game and already having all the story trophies unlocked from the first time I played it, but, since it's been a year ago. Everything feels pretty fresh. The sheer amount of content here is staggering in comparison to AA. Still frustrates me that these games only have one gold trophy.

If it is not necessary harder, why did you answer Arkham City being the harder game to his question? Time consuming =/= difficult.

Touché. Sorry about the misunderstanding, it's hard to switch from one language to another while replying to multiple forums. :p

So yeah, that's what I meant: in my opinion, Arkham City is more time consuming than Arkham Asylum, but not any harder. :)

After loading Arkham City up I realized the I wasn't familiar with some of the mechanics in AC and kept trying to revert to all the combos I used back in AA which were only effective part of the time. So, now I've decided to go ahead and completely start fresh on my AC quest for platinum and started a new game on normal difficulty. It kind of sucks, playing through this game and already having all the story trophies unlocked from the first time I played it, but, since it's been a year ago. Everything feels pretty fresh. The sheer amount of content here is staggering in comparison to AA. Still frustrates me that these games only have one gold trophy.

I understand that feeling. I remember having to restart a few games because I forgot the mechanics, controls etc when I tried returning to them, but at least on the second run you will do alot better.

Ok, I'm really starting to wonder if Arkham Asylum is indeed the harder of the two. In Arkham City I have knocked out the story mode, all the side missions, the combat challenges, the riddler grid and half of the predator maps. I only have the other half of the predator maps, the campaign maps and new game plus left to do. I've already gotten started on NG+ and knocked out a couple of the campiagn maps also. I agree wholeheartedly that the combat maps in AC are much, much easier than in AA, but, the predator maps however are definitely harder in AC. I have been stuck on Police Brutality (Extreme) for about an hour now and now those campaign maps are starting to look very daunting. A couple of the combat maps were kind of tough also like the first Funhouse Brawl which took me probably 15 tries before I was able to milk a score of 60k out of it. So, my concern is if it takes me 10 tries to get through a combat challenge and I can't hardly get through a extreme predator map with the ability to retry as often as I want. How am I going to get through three extreme maps back to back limited to only 3 tries with modifiers working against me? I mean I'm sure I'll do it eventually, but, I fear this is going to take more attempts than Shock and Awe (extreme) ever did. I mean at the end of the day there were only 8 combat maps and 8 predator maps in AA in the first place. I can definitely see why the combat maps were made a little easier in AC with the implementation of the campaign maps. If you had AA level difficulty in the campaign map format this game would be a 10 on the platinum difficulty scale. So, I will still reserve my final judgement until I'm finished with AC but right now it's looking like they are at least equal in platinum difficulty and AC may even be harder, in my opinion(which is pretty valid being that I've got a fresh perspective by playing them back to back). Achieving Freeflow Perfection is also much harder in AC than it was in AA as are finding and solving the all the puzzles needed to get all the collectibles I.E annoying remote batarang puzzles.

Remind me. What are the required medals for Police Brutality (Extreme)? The only time I had a problem there was with Nightwing.

As for Funhouse Brawl, how is that hard?

I got a score of 200k striking and bat swarming. Robin did raise concerns for me when I did that map with him though. I barely made the scores everytime for him, but still only spent 1 try each time.

The campaign challenge maps are boring. They seem daunting, but in reality, it is a useless mode (a chore).

I don't even remember what the medals were now because I've spent almost all night stuck on Natural Selection (Extreme). Funhouse Brawl was just tough for me for some reason. That lieutenant henchman was still relatively new to me and the earlier rounds have so few enemies it was hard to produce big scores from them. Funhouse Brawl (Extreme) however I got on my first try and like 20k more than I needed. I got most of the combat challenges in my first two or three tries and some I got on my first try. Funhouse Brawl and Rooftop Rumble(Extreme) were the only ones that gave me any trouble at all. I've gotten better though. I got Perfect Freeflow 2.0 tonight and now I'm starting to score like 100k on combat challenges now so I'm not worried about the combat sequences in the campaign maps. The predator aspects however are concerning. I stand by my statement that AC is as hard as AA. Although there are areas in which AA is harder. There are just as many if not more areas where AC is harder. Really so far, the combat maps are the only thing in AC that is easier than AA.

The predator maps may be harder, but they are not hard enough to equal AA's difficulty. If you are trying to complete them quickly, then you are giving yourself an unnecessary challenge. I usually spent 10-15 minutes on each map patiently waiting for perfect opportunities to strike and the only one that was a minor problem was Lost City (Extreme) I think.

As for the Lieutenants, hit them three times, jump over (jump sooner if you are about to be hit by a different enemy) and repeat. A 50 hit combo gets rid of them and you can suck at the first three rounds and solely achieve the required score on round 4 for each map (except for the one that takes place where you met Two Face and its Extreme version, you need to do well on the last 3 rounds).

I've finished up all the challenges now. The campaigns were the hardest part but only a few of them gave me any trouble as with Arkham Asylum, I got much better over time. Now, I can go back and knock out any challenge with Batman with almost no problem at all. I've finished NG+ and I'm just mopping up the last few side missions now. My final ruling is still that they are equal in difficulty. AA has much harder combat challenges. AC has harder everything else. Plus getting the platinum for AC takes about 4 times longer than AA which makes going for platinum in AC much more of an endeavor in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...