564 Medals

Lazo87

I love this game but the added 564 dlc medals are fucking redundant!!! and for JUST SIX damn bronze trophies :eek:

After doing batman's 108 medals and getting plat i had had enough of those challenges only to get to do the SAME shit again with Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman :mad: and to make it worse they SUCK!!!!

I got plat in 2011 and didnt attempt the catwoman until Feb 2012 and after 72 i had enough of her. I played off and on during 2012 but made very little progress besides completing the Harley dlc. I was stuck with 5 bronze trophies for the medals keeping me from 100%. Now in 2013 i started again and got 78 medals for Robin and a bronze trophy yay.... so now i need 4 bronze trophies for 100% and im trying to hang in there and get it done but fuck Nightwing is garbage and add to that some glitchiness im experiencing were i get hit from guys miles away from me or Nightwing not responding correctly not to mention some cheap ass shit that always fucks me up. Grrrr...

I just think that its cheap to add new inferior characters to do the same challenges as Batman and more for just 6 damn bronze trophies.

Edited by Lazo87

Well they couldn't make the characters exactly like Batman or else there wouldn't be a point for them. Plus the trophies are optional and something to work towards if one desires, they're supposed to be challenging.

Just practice with the characters on easier maps until you get their own controls down and you'll breeze through the rest. It's only "harder" because they don't have 100 different gadgets like Batman does.

I love this game but the added 564 dlc medals are fucking redundant!!! and for JUST SIX damn bronze trophies :eek:

After doing batman's 108 medals and getting plat i had had enough of those challenges only to get to do the SAME shit again with Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman :mad: and to make it worse they SUCK!!!!

I got plat in 2011 and didnt attempt the catwoman until Feb 2012 and after 72 i had enough of her. I played off and on during 2012 but made very little progress besides completing the Harley dlc. I was stuck with 5 bronze trophies for the medals keeping me from 100%. Now in 2013 i started again and got 78 medals for Robin and a bronze trophy yay.... so now i need 4 bronze trophies for 100% and im trying to hang in there and get it done but fuck Nightwing is garbage and add to that some glitchiness im experiencing were i get hit from guys miles away from me or Nightwing not responding correctly not to mention some cheap ass shit that always fucks me up. Grrrr...

I just think that its cheap to add new inferior characters to do the same challenges as Batman and more for just 6 damn bronze trophies.

Nice rant mate, and I couldn't agree more with you, I'm in the exact same boat. Fuck catwomam, Fuck robin and Fuck nightwing!

Well they couldn't make the characters exactly like Batman or else there wouldn't be a point for them. Plus the trophies are optional and something to work towards if one desires, they're supposed to be challenging.

Just practice with the characters on easier maps until you get their own controls down and you'll breeze through the rest. It's only "harder" because they don't have 100 different gadgets like Batman does.

Congrats on getting 100% but i have to disagree with you about the challenges being challenging because they are not. They are however really fucking boring and annoying because they are basicly the same as batman's challenges but with more inept characters. I have played challenging games and this game its awesome and fun but not very difficult. My problem is with the stupid idea that they would have us get an additional 564 medals for six damn bronze trophies and the BIG difference is that we get to do it with inept characters which dosent make it "challenging" but just BORING and again redundant.

I now have 3 trophies left which equate to about 300 medals :( but im going to break from this again because after netting 156 medals for 2 super awesome bronze trophies i dont think i can take any more torture lol i'll try and get them done but its just so not enjoyable.

I'm working on Robin DLC and it's quite tiresome, as he doesn't have the tools like Batman does. Some of the Predator challenges for him are unfair IMO.

I had trouble with a few of Robins predator challenges but manage and i do agree that some just seem unfair.

Nice rant mate, and I couldn't agree more with you, I'm in the exact same boat. Fuck catwomam, Fuck robin and Fuck nightwing!

lol yea dude just FUCK them all.

Looking at your rants Im just glad I'm with the ps+ european AC they gave for free, my idea at first was to get the GOTY version... and now I see the pain in doing those damned challenges.

If i'm already suffering with the batman challenges I can't even imagine the pain doing the sidekicks ones :2walls: in fact when I get the platinum highly doubt I even care about doing the catwoman trials.

I have to agree with the OP. The game is great, probably one of the better games on the system and trophy-wise, it isn't too bad.

The challenges are fun. Combat is easy, and the fighting animations are amazing, so it doesn't get boring. Predator is more challenging (at least for me), but once you get the hang of it, it is fun too, because it is interesting to use the different gadgets.

However, the 6 DLC trophies that require you to clear all challenges (again...) with Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing, are NOT worth the time, imo.

It's the same challenges, only a bit more tedious due to lack of tools. Not necessarily too difficult. I strive to collect all trophies if possible, but these aren't just worth the time it takes.

I did 2 Catwoman Predators. It took probably 15 minutes and I didn't enjoy it at all, unfortunately. The thought of doing all the campaigns again isn't that encouraging...

The other DLC trophies were great though.

I only found Catwoman's campaigns annoying. She seems to have a lot more weaknesses than the other characters, such as swinging low enough to be spotted, not leaping up to vantage points unless you look at them at an exact angle, and taking a lot longer to take out an armoured thug.

Every dlc character is in some way very incompetent and you have to go through trial and error until you find how to overcome their shortcomings.

Looking at your rants Im just glad I'm with the ps+ european AC they gave for free, my idea at first was to get the GOTY version... and now I see the pain in doing those damned challenges.

If i'm already suffering with the batman challenges I can't even imagine the pain doing the sidekicks ones :2walls: in fact when I get the platinum highly doubt I even care about doing the catwoman trials.

If you find Batman medals challenging then the other bozos will be a big headache lol To me Batman was easy especially compared to Arkam Asylum which much more challenging these Arkam City challenges.

I have to agree with the OP. The game is great, probably one of the better games on the system and trophy-wise, it isn't too bad.

The challenges are fun. Combat is easy, and the fighting animations are amazing, so it doesn't get boring. Predator is more challenging (at least for me), but once you get the hang of it, it is fun too, because it is interesting to use the different gadgets.

However, the 6 DLC trophies that require you to clear all challenges (again...) with Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing, are NOT worth the time, imo.

It's the same challenges, only a bit more tedious due to lack of tools. Not necessarily too difficult. I strive to collect all trophies if possible, but these aren't just worth the time it takes.

I did 2 Catwoman Predators. It took probably 15 minutes and I didn't enjoy it at all, unfortunately. The thought of doing all the campaigns again isn't that encouraging...

The other DLC trophies were great though.

Timewise the trophies are not worth it and i hate games that have such trophies which require so much time just for a damn BRONZE :( but i would like to attain 100% on as many as of my games as i can so i will keep trying unfortunately.

The challenges are fun. Combat is easy, and the fighting animations are amazing, so it doesn't get boring.

I couldn't disagree with you more. This is no longer fun, it is a massive, massive grind. I enjoyed Batman's challenges to an extent, now I'm just really bored with the rest. About three quarters of the way through catwoman. She sucks. I keep wanting to take a break to play something else, but then in the interim I get worse at AC so have to spend longer getting my skills sharpened up.

And, yes, I know no one is forcing me to play them if I don't like them, but I want 100% so shut up!

I couldn't disagree with you more. This is no longer fun, it is a massive, massive grind. I enjoyed Batman's challenges to an extent, now I'm just really bored with the rest. About three quarters of the way through catwoman. She sucks. I keep wanting to take a break to play something else, but then in the interim I get worse at AC so have to spend longer getting my skills sharpened up.

And, yes, I know no one is forcing me to play them if I don't like them, but I want 100% so shut up!

You said it! Every time I take a break from this game, my skills are disgraceful next time I return to the game. I just plat AC and now starting on catwoman - not enjoying it and not looking forward to Robin and Nightwing either!

Though, when you find the flow of attack evade, it becomes much less complex!

And yeah, sick of ppl telling me "oh well, these trophies are optional you know!" I know but I want to do them anyway - Just because you like the trophy system, doesn't mean every trophy is a joy to achieve, so let us have an opinion on what we like and dislike! I'm totally gonna 100% this game, but I still think challenge-maps are boring in the long run!

And one last thing - "why you care so much about stupid trophies?" .......

... well.. why do YOU care that I care? If trophies are of no interest to you, then what is the problem that other ppl DO like them? Don't get it :confused:

Edited by Xygonn
misspleign

This is quite funny as I told myself to never platinum a game without its 100%.

Then Batman came free in PS+ Europe, I knew I really wanted to play (and platinum) it, saw the dlc trophies requirements.... and told myself, fuck them. I guess I'll be happy just seeing my Batman AC at 77-80%, is not as painful to see as that damned Uncharted 3 platinum that dropped to 51% when the dlcs went out.

Batman challenges and campaigns were already quite painful, I would rather throw my gamepad out of the window before trying the same with his capped batpartners.

This is quite funny as I told myself to never platinum a game without its 100%.

Then Batman came free in PS+ Europe, I knew I really wanted to play (and platinum) it, saw the dlc trophies requirements.... and told myself, fuck them. I guess I'll be happy just seeing my Batman AC at 77-80%, is not as painful to see as that damned Uncharted 3 platinum that dropped to 51% when the dlcs went out.

I hear you. I thought just the same way, but then some developers released DLC I wasn't interested in. Now I only buy DLC if I think it is worth it.

Uncharted 3 DLC wasn't what I expected either. Uncharted 2 was a blast, but this?

Arkham City stays on 93 % and plat for me. The challenges aren't worth the effort.

Batman challenges and campaigns were already quite painful, I would rather throw my gamepad out of the window before trying the same with his capped batpartners.

They're actually easier than the ones in Arkham Asylum. Those were a bitch to get through. I didn't have nearly as many issues with all the challenges in Arkham City.

I did Catwoman's prior to Batman's since I figured it would be easier getting over the hump to start with. She's perfectly competent in combat and her animations are much more interesting than Batman's (which are still excellent); like for example flipping a dude over her head and then kicking him into another guy as one of the double counters. She actually has an easier time with Titans than Batman since you can just chain kill them quickly instead of going through the laborious riding process.

However End of the Line Extreme, Top of the World Extreme, and Police Brutality Extreme all have a ton of luck involved and a challenge that would take Batman 3-5 minutes playing blind can take upwards of 20 with Catwoman (I guess you can try to cheese everything with Caltrops but that's simply adding random elements to the equation and doesn't really work out for campaigns).

Catwomans challenges took me about 10-12 hours, then Arkham Asylum's took an hour and 15 minutes or so, then Batman's took about 4-5 hours just purely due to time consumption (only a handful of retries). I will say it wasn't exactly "fun" but it was at least mentally stimulating.

Edited by Valgresas

Batman's done, Catwoman's done, Robin's done so now just Nightwing to go. It feels like a hefty grind for 2 bronze trophies but I like finishing things. I was a complesionist before trophies came along. On Assassin's Creed I obtained all of the collectables for....well apparently nothing.

So close but yet so far to go.

Batman's done, Catwoman's done, Robin's done so now just Nightwing to go. It feels like a hefty grind for 2 bronze trophies but I like finishing things. I was a complesionist before trophies came along. On Assassin's Creed I obtained all of the collectables for....well apparently nothing.

It really is a lot of work for just two bronze trophies, but having the game at 100% sure does feel good.

...Nightwing is garbage and add to that some glitchiness im experiencing were i get hit from guys miles away from me or Nightwing not responding correctly...

Having now used Nitwit I have to agree with you. There is some responsiveness issues that I didn't experience with the other three characters during combat. It isn't all the time but enough to be annoying.

Still I have 3 more predator maps and the 3 extreme campaigns with those maps to go!

I still have 3 stupid bronze trophies left one from each of the dlc stooges and as much as i like completing my games i also like having fun in them. These fucking challenges are devoid of any enjoyment at this point after 3+ years of trying to 100% lol I have now quite a few games on similar situations where i need just 1-3 trophies but as much as i want 100% i just have to leave it as is and move on (1) because its not fun anymore (2) i dont have the time to waste (3) i have shitload of games in my backlog dating as far back as 2008 lol

So fuck these dlc trophies and their fucking time wasting lame bronze trophies because i got better shit to spend my precious time on. I still love this game and hope we get a 3rd on from Rocksteady but hopefully no more of these redundant challenges.

Having now used Nitwit I have to agree with you. There is some responsiveness issues that I didn't experience with the other three characters during combat. It isn't all the time but enough to be annoying.

Still I have 3 more predator maps and the 3 extreme campaigns with those maps to go!

Yea those responsiveness issues just added more salt to the wound and become very annoying when you are near the objective and Nitwit (as you cleverly call him :applause:) just does something stupid to screw everything up.

It really is a lot of work for just two bronze trophies, but having the game at 100% sure does feel good.

When i get 100% of trophies in a game it usually correlates to 100% completion of the game itself and the feeling of having beaten a game is quite satisfying but in the case of Arkam City and its stupid redundant challenges with the three stooges its a different story at least for me. I feel (as i have frequently stated in this thread) that the 564 challenges are just redundant and unnecessary specially for just 6 bronze trophies. To me its just lazy for them to throw in the three stooges into maps we have already completed as Batman with the exception of 6 or so new maps. I just can't excuse the use of 3 inferior characters to do the job i have already perfected as Batman. Just imagine if they had done this with Akam Asylum??? those challenge were grueling even with Batman and i dont imagine anyone would had found it fun to redo them AGAIN with these three bozos.

Finished Catwoman two nights ago. Finished Robin and Nightwing last night.

Details here:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/batman-arkham-city/190743-what-joke.html#post3451336

What is the deal with catwoman and takedown projectiles? Just totally useless or what? God damn you catwoman.

What deal? There is nothing wrong. Her play style is slightly different. In the case of Takedown Projectiles, L1+Square is your "quickfire batarang" and works just as good.

I must be in the minority here but I actually really enjoy the challenges, doesn't take too long to complete once you've mastered the evade then strike. Love Catwoman's beatdown finisher especially when done near a wall, the final blow is her doing a standing split with her foot on the goons face! ;) I admit some of the Predator ones are a pain in the ass but that was down to me making stupid mistakes. Finished Batman and Catwoman just need to get Robin and Nightwing now

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to do all the challenges with the DLC characters (already finished Catwoman, just Robin & Nightwing left) but no way am I doing the campaigns. I do enjoy these challenges and this game but having to do 12 lots of 3 in a row with each character, no mistakes and extra modifiers after I have already done them all once before is just too much. I don't target the 100% when I start games, plat is all I'm aiming for

• 1 month later...

This has probably been one of my favorite games from this generation, so I didn't mind the 500+ medals needed to complete all of the challenges and campaigns for all four characters. I love the combat system in place for this game, and its not just button mashing (looking at God of War here...). I got about 6 campaigns to finish for Nightwing to get my 100%! I'll be kind of sad to see this game be put on my shelf when its completed... :(

This has probably been one of my favorite games from this generation, so I didn't mind the 500+ medals needed to complete all of the challenges and campaigns for all four characters. I love the combat system in place for this game, and its not just button mashing (looking at God of War here...). I got about 6 campaigns to finish for Nightwing to get my 100%! I'll be kind of sad to see this game be put on my shelf when its completed... :(

There is always the DLC maps you can do with other characters that are not required.