Anyone else get Storyteller trophy today without changing PS clock?

Satnamji

So today (Labor Day in the US) is the first day that it was possible to unlock the Storyteller trophy without changing the PS clock for any of the 12 monthly holidays if you got Batman AC between the date it was originally released (Oct. 18, 2011) and the first holiday on the calendar, October 31 (Halloween).

Though I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only person in this forum who faithfully fired up Batman AC on each of the 12 holidays to visit the Calendar Man, it would be nice to hear if there were some others--or anyone else currently working toward earning this trophy the normal way at a future date.

For me personally, there's just no better way to celebrate holidays like Christmas Day, Valentine's Day, and Mother's Day than by hearing a description of a grisly murder. :D

I actually just did as well! It was an awesome feeling to do so! I came to this forum just to look and see if anyone else had posted anything like this. Today is technically the first day anyone should be able to get platinum on this game, without changing the clock.

Holy hell. That's some patience you guys have. I had completely forgotten about this trophy.

I figured as long as it wasn't the last trophy I needed for plat, I would just keep checking in on the monthly schedule. But after about six months (as Mass Effect took over my life), it became a goal to do it normally, and I didn't want to reset my progress by starting a New Game+ (I never found out what would happen if I did). In the meantime I worked on Riddler trophies and challenge rooms each time I visited CM. Now I have NG+ to look forward to. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Arkham City dominated 2013 for me.

I started playing this game on New Year's Day of this year. That was the 1st holiday I spoke to Julian Day, and ever since then, I've been working my way up to this point. The trophy popped almost immediately when he started telling his Christmas story. :dance:

This is BY FAR the most patient I've ever been in regards to getting a trophy. But the feeling and satisfaction I get knowing that I did it 100% legit makes it worth it in the end, and now I have bragging rights lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And here I thought I was the only one that did this trophy legit! I have a question. Does Calendar Man appear again in New Game Plus after you've heard all of his stories? I haven't started it on New Game Plus yet as I want to get all of the challenges out of the way before doing it as I want that to be the final thing I do before unlocking the platinum.

• 3 months later...

I did it the clock changing way.

Many reasons why.

1: I'm a Deist so the only holiday celebration type thing I celebrate is new years. Doubtful I'd be on the PS3, but even if I was I wouldn't get the others as I don't celebrate so wouldn't remember to go for them.

2: I value my PS3 but also know it could pop its clogs or anything like that, thus preventing a date and having to wait another year.

3: Cause I just plain couldn't be arsed.

4: Because it was cool to see all Calendar Man's stories one after the other.

5: Its most likely going to be the game to end my 100% completion streak. No point in making the game anymore difficult or planning when to play it.

But saying that. You guys that did it legit. I salute you for your awesomeness and will FedEx you all a slice or cake.

• 5 months later...

I'm currently going through NG+ :rant: and completing those side missions again... so after that, Calendar Man will be the last trophy I'm missing. I don't know, I'm tempted to do it legit, but it makes me so angry that this game takes so long to Plat that I just want to mess around with the PS3 clock.

This is the only trophy I have left now. I got Labor Day and Thanksgiving, but was on vacation on Halloween, so I have to wait at least until next October. If I miss anything along the way, I will probably mess with the clock at that point.

It really is the dumbest trophy I have ever seen. At the very least they should have made it where you talk to Calendar Man on any day during a particular month, he gives the speech for that month's holiday.

• 2 months later...