Should i buy this game?

Creative Monsta

Ok i have a pretty random mix of platinums such as fallout n.vegas, rage, dead island the uncharted series, heavy rain, mass effect 2, resistance 3, mw3, skyrim, sims 3.

Mentioned some of them above to give ppl an idea of what type of games ive played but i read the trophy guide for this game and cant really get a sense of feel for it. Dont mind how long plat takes, i hate being forced to play online endlessly for mp trophies etc etc

Is it worth a punt?

First and above all, you should never let the inability to plat a game prevent you from playing a certain game, especially games as great as this or arkham asylum...secondly, there's no online, no endless hours of online grinding just for one trophy, but there are challenges outside from the main story and in comparison to the games you've gotten platinum in, not including rage or fallout because I haven't played or platted them, this one will be much harder than the others because of some of the challenges, but it's very satisfying when you succeed.

Also, there are riddles that you have to solve and riddler trophies that look like ? all over the place that you have to collect, among other things like smashing cameras, balloons etc, but you can always use a guide for all of these if you're stuck, so they're easy but they take time. Then of course there's the main story which you have to beat once on normal or hard, and again on new game plus, which is the equivalent to Uncharted's crushing.

In my opinion I say go for it, but why not start with Arkham Asylum first? it'l be cheaper since it's older so if you don't like it you'll waste 15 dollars instead of 40-50, you'll get to know the story from the start instead of wondering why so and so happened...and then if you do like it (which you probably will) move on to the second one.

Edited by Arcade23

if your a batman fan it's a must play simple as that.

if not it depends. if you like fighting (best part of the batman arkham series imo) and action type games with some stealth here and there then why not play it. Personally i don't find it as good as arkham aslyum but it's still a really good game with a good story.

if your a batman fan it's a must play simple as that.

if not it depends. if you like fighting (best part of the batman arkham series imo) and action type games with some stealth here and there then why not play it. Personally i don't find it as good as arkham aslyum but it's still a really good game with a good story.

No need to be a fan of Batman. I wasn't one when I got Arkham Asylum and was converted into one after playing it.

@OP: The 2 Batman games have the best fighting system in a video game I've yet to experience. Better then GoW, Prince of Persia or any other I can think of. That alone should get you a sell.

How is City compared to Asylum?

I bought Asylum ages ago, still yet to play it (on my :psn:) but I've attempted a challenge or two my m8 was struggling with, given that it was like the last bats he needed for (P) it was the deep end of the shit pond, it kinda put me off playing it lol don't get me wrong I occaisionally like a challenge, but really hard games cause so much more frustration and anger, rather than a source of joy and entertainment. Again, I've only ever played one or two of the difficult challenges, hell the rest of the game could be Hello Kitty: Island Adventure for all I know.

Thanks for all the replies guys, on advice of gaming friends also i decided to give it a bash id say ive got a lot of grit and prepared to dig my heels in for difficult trophies and doing lots of side quests doesnt bother me in the least as ive done games similar with lots of things outside the main story. I like a wide range of games like rpg, shooter racing etc so a beat em up will be kinda new to me.

I tthought about gettin the platinum for moh tier 1 and frontline and frontline particular was so hard in parts but thats half the fun...not giving in to a challenge.

Arkham city looks amazing so gonna start it now :-)

Arkham Asylum was a great game. I don't like this one, too many moves, too many riddles, story isn't very interesting. I can destroy the challenges but trying to get my fingers to x and o in the middle of combat? Just buy AA and don't play this one.

this game is a must buy. the main story itself is worth the price. There are also many side missions, collectables and challenges to keep you going for hours. I suck at the challenges but still really enjoyed the game.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

god i love this game. I loved reading comics when i was younger and love superheroes, but i've always been a marvel fan. Never really into DC at all, but i liked the idea of the open world so i thought it was worth a go.

Just finished the story and i loved every minute. the villains are all brilliant, batman himself is cool, it's presented beautifully (really dark and gritty, and when you punch someone in the face it really feels like you're smashing their head in lol) The gameplay is better than Assassins Creed in my opinion, and there isn't anything i dislike about the game. The difficulty curve is well done too. If you watch someone play towards the end of the game it seems overwhelming (a few days ago when i started i was worried i wouldnt be any good) but everything is added bit by bit. It's done well in that you don't fight 'weak guy' followed by 'same guy who can now take more damage' the enemies are different and pose different threats that you need to react to. It strikes a great balance between thinking and fighting.

My suggestion to anyone with a PS3 is buy it, Batman definately has a new fan in me :thumbsup:

Edited by Loftus

Update then i guess...

54% on trophies, working shifts last 2 weeks so not as much time on this as i would have liked. In short i agree and disagree with peoples opinions on this game.

Ive really enjoyed the story mode, well presented, everything learned bit by bit and most important for me..it was fun. Really enjoyed the side missions too they was great.

For me personally i think there are far too many riddler trophies which is just a fancy way of sayin collectables which im not a fan of and all though the challenges are fun i think the developers have gone slightly ott with the amount. All in all its a solid game, quality playthrough and very smooth action but bit ott in some places for me personally.