wtf is wrong with my game??

SuperNova69

Got the game for Christmas and never even touched it because I was still addicted to Dead Nation. Now that I've basically finished that game, I tried to start up Arkham City. In the first cutscene when you're going down the elevator, Bruce says a couple things but there's no audio. In all the cutscenes before it, he had audio, and in the elevator scene, the other two guys have audio. Even when getting out of the elevator, he has subtitles but no audio.

I've tried restarting my PS3, deleting my save file and restarting, deleting my game data and not updating to 1.03, and nothing works. Is my game defective? I've googled and apparently it's a common problem but it doesn't seem like anyone has found a fix for it. :(

Seeing as how I got it as a gift, I don't have a receipt, so I can't take it somewhere to exchange it.

I don't even want to play the game if Bruce will never say anything through the whole game. :mad::mad::mad:

You'd think they would patch this lol maybe go on their dev's forums and rage for a patch? :lightsaber: but in a subtle way so it's not too blatant and gets deleted straight away.

I mean, it can't be that hard to re-package the audio and triggers then offer it as a patch, or as free DLC in the store so that it's not given to everyone, just those that need it.

Wow, bummer. :(

I really want to play this game but I don't want to buy another copy just to do it. Maybe Gamestop will let me trade it in for another copy.

You'd think they'd patch this, though, since it appears (at least through googling) that it's a pretty common problem. :mad:

Hoccus Pocus bipiti bopati boo you need to get a new copy... oh please... I call BS on that.

Game discs are all pressed with the same data and unless yours is physically damaged (ie scratched, "cloudy" etc..) buying a new one won't change anything.

In your case I would check the audio settings on the PS3 and in game.

(For example: in 5.1 audio, dialog is normally sent to the center channel, so if you don't have one connected you would get environment sounds from the other speakers but no dialog. Setting audio output to stereo temporarily would be a good first thing to try)

Hoccus Pocus bipiti bopati boo you need to get a new copy... oh please... I call BS on that.

Game discs are all pressed with the same data and unless yours is physically damaged (ie scratched, "cloudy" etc..) buying a new one won't change anything.

In your case I would check the audio settings on the PS3 and in game.

(For example: in 5.1 audio, dialog is normally sent to the center channel, so if you don't have one connected you would get environment sounds from the other speakers but no dialog. Setting audio output to stereo temporarily would be a good first thing to try)

I would have to agree with chowder. I've played through the story twice and haven't run across this glitch. And I'm sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but what is the elevator scene at the beginning? I'm racking my brain and just can't think of an elevator scene.

I only recall an elevator scene in Batman Arkham Asylum not Batman Arkham City.

But I haven't played the game for some months since I platinum'd it and I could be wrong.

LOL, you're right. I've played both games several times. I think the OP put this in the wrong game forum.

@kaerion: You just made me put the game again in and play the beginning. You sir are wrong.

I concur, I've just finished watching the first 7mins of this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc1NarI5aE0]Batman Arkham City - Walkthrough Gameplay - Part 1 [HD] (X360/PS3/PC) - YouTube[/ame]

and there is NO elevator sequence, the OP is definitely talking about Arkham Asylum, not Arkham City.

I have Batman: AA and have never had any Audio problems with it so I reckon you either have a defective copy or your Audio Cable is faulty.

Nope, you're both wrong; there's an elevator scene right at the very beginning of the game, when Bruce Wayne, Jack Ryder and one other guy takes the elevator down, right before you first run into Penguin.

There's no elevator they just walk a straight line. Dafuq for real.

Yeah, I don't think that's an elevator either. They're just waiting to be let in to Arkham City. If I have time to get on tonight, I'm gonna check that out. Because if I missed that detail, I must've missed a lot of stuff in this game.

Either way, the OP should play a little more into the game and see if it keeps happening. It could be that his machine just hiccuped there and he'll be fine for the rest.

EDIT: Sorry, doing this from my phone. Didn't notice the posts after on page 2.

Edited by BarracudaBarry